Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fill in the blanks (defense)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
raiderfan19


Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 3017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE- Houston, Hunter
Nose- Sims
3Tech-
RE-

Will-Burris
Mike- Roach
Sam- Maiva

CB-
FS-
SS- Branch
CB-

Draft Star or Floyd, Sign a stop gap for RE (Osi, Doom) draft a CB like Amerson or FS Rambo in the 3rd sign a Mike Jenkins, Tracy Porter or my personal favorite Brent Grimes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
uncraiders20


Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 391
Location: Rochester NY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we stop with grimes, like many free agents, he isn't coming, stop filling him in the blanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10883
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Grimes is in Miami right now so I expect him to sign there because they seem to have an unlimited tap of free agent loot.

And South Beach Confused
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raiders006


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 2397
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flloyd or Milliner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamethus92


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 4955
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE: Houston, Hunter
3T: [Floyd]*
NT: Sims, Bilukudi
RE: [Umenyiora]^

OLB: Maiava
MLB: Roach
OLB: Burris

CB: [Newman]^, Adams
FS: [Rambo]**
SS: Branch
CB: [Porter]^, Francies

* - #3 Overall
** - 3rd Round Pick
^ - FA

We need at least 3 or 4 new starters and obviously a lot more depth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10883
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did Floyd all of a sudden jump up the draft boards with no games being played?

We didn't hear anything about this dude until after the season. And really not until Star had his heart issues. Rolling Eyes
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 4481
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
So how did Floyd all of a sudden jump up the draft boards with no games being played?

We didn't hear anything about this dude until after the season. And really not until Star had his heart issues. Rolling Eyes


probably because people slept on him hard. he didn't have the hype leading into the 12' season(most people didn't even know who he was) and he quietly had a dominant season. He was the main reason why florida was so good on D last year.

i swear, as soon as Mayock put Floyd as his #1 DT on nfl.com almost all the nfl.com writers had him going in the top 5 Laughing
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe Nobody


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 465
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Houston is NOT playing UT. Get over that, and I'll give you a valid response.


Why not? It was considered his best position as a prospect. His playing weight prior to 2012 was in the 295-305 range. He's a quick, penetrating tackle. He's the ideal fit as a 3 tech.




big_palooka wrote:
Well the HC of the Raiders said he MIGHT play that spot on passing downs. So they have no intention on moving him inside permanently so maybe think about that before posting.

They asked Houston to trim down a year ago to play RDE. Now what? Ask him to bulk back up? Yeah.... no. Think!


They asked him to trim down to 295. He trimmed down to 285 by his own choice. 295 doesn't sound like any RDE I'm familiar with, save for the athletic (albeit underachieving) freak Mario Williams. No one will ever compare Houston to Williams.

And why wouldn't they ask him to bulk back up? You make it sound like it's something players don't do every year. Your "think!" comment looks even more foolish when you factor in that the specific weight they asked Houston to shoot for was 295 pounds, which is about average for a 3 tech.

I'd like to see a link where DA or someone from his staff mentioned Houston playing RDE. I can't recall ever reading that or seeing him play there.

I did see him play ROLB in a 3-4, however. But that's something else entirely.

You act awfully tuned in for someone with no more insight than anyone else here.



oakdb36 wrote:
LDE. And this point i keep hearing proves absolutely nothing. They asked him to trim down because to play there they felt he had to be lighter. They weren't going to switch him to DT last year no matter what they might think his best position is since they already had Seymour and Bryant to play the 3T. Kelly and Seymour had to start due to their salaries. Shaughnessy wasn't a good fit at RE but he's probably a better fit than Houston. So really, they had no other choice than leaving him at LE in 2012, again no matter what they might think (which i don't pretend to know).


This guy is making sense.

Turn back the clock. Way back. Remember Darrell Russell? Remember where he played as a rookie? He played DE. At 330 pounds, he played DE. Why? Chester McGlockton and Russell Maryland had the DT spots sewn up...in spite of McGlockton being a sagging sack of feces.

Houston is a lot smaller than Russell, but the situation doesn't appear to be all that different. If he's not now first in line for the under tackle job, I will be surprised.



DOCLEW 28 wrote:
So how did Floyd all of a sudden jump up the draft boards with no games being played?

We didn't hear anything about this dude until after the season. And really not until Star had his heart issues. Rolling Eyes


Underclassmen often fly under the radar since draftniks tend to focus on senior prospects. It's pretty much a given that actual NFL scouts were well aware of him, though I'm sure once he declared, they all went back and poured over his game tape like everyone else.

I'm still not buying into his hype swell. Not to say he's not a good prospect. But, honestly, he's a pure 3 tech. He's a poor fit anywhere else on the line. To me, it would be entirely illogical to draft Floyd when you already have an ideal 3 tech on the roster.

With Seymour and Bryant gone, the most logical choice would be to move Houston inside to his natural position and find a more traditional DE to fill the LE spot. Ziggy could be the Ansah if we're going to remain a predominantly even front defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3729
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Houston is NOT playing UT. Get over that, and I'll give you a valid response.


Why not? It was considered his best position as a prospect. His playing weight prior to 2012 was in the 295-305 range. He's a quick, penetrating tackle. He's the ideal fit as a 3 tech.




big_palooka wrote:
Well the HC of the Raiders said he MIGHT play that spot on passing downs. So they have no intention on moving him inside permanently so maybe think about that before posting.

They asked Houston to trim down a year ago to play RDE. Now what? Ask him to bulk back up? Yeah.... no. Think!


They asked him to trim down to 295. He trimmed down to 285 by his own choice. 295 doesn't sound like any RDE I'm familiar with, save for the athletic (albeit underachieving) freak Mario Williams. No one will ever compare Houston to Williams.

And why wouldn't they ask him to bulk back up? You make it sound like it's something players don't do every year. Your "think!" comment looks even more foolish when you factor in that the specific weight they asked Houston to shoot for was 295 pounds, which is about average for a 3 tech.

I'd like to see a link where DA or someone from his staff mentioned Houston playing RDE. I can't recall ever reading that or seeing him play there.

I did see him play ROLB in a 3-4, however. But that's something else entirely.

You act awfully tuned in for someone with no more insight than anyone else here.



oakdb36 wrote:
LDE. And this point i keep hearing proves absolutely nothing. They asked him to trim down because to play there they felt he had to be lighter. They weren't going to switch him to DT last year no matter what they might think his best position is since they already had Seymour and Bryant to play the 3T. Kelly and Seymour had to start due to their salaries. Shaughnessy wasn't a good fit at RE but he's probably a better fit than Houston. So really, they had no other choice than leaving him at LE in 2012, again no matter what they might think (which i don't pretend to know).


This guy is making sense.

Turn back the clock. Way back. Remember Darrell Russell? Remember where he played as a rookie? He played DE. At 330 pounds, he played DE. Why? Chester McGlockton and Russell Maryland had the DT spots sewn up...in spite of McGlockton being a sagging sack of feces.

Houston is a lot smaller than Russell, but the situation doesn't appear to be all that different. If he's not now first in line for the under tackle job, I will be surprised.



DOCLEW 28 wrote:
So how did Floyd all of a sudden jump up the draft boards with no games being played?

We didn't hear anything about this dude until after the season. And really not until Star had his heart issues. Rolling Eyes


Underclassmen often fly under the radar since draftniks tend to focus on senior prospects. It's pretty much a given that actual NFL scouts were well aware of him, though I'm sure once he declared, they all went back and poured over his game tape like everyone else.

I'm still not buying into his hype swell. Not to say he's not a good prospect. But, honestly, he's a pure 3 tech. He's a poor fit anywhere else on the line. To me, it would be entirely illogical to draft Floyd when you already have an ideal 3 tech on the roster.

With Seymour and Bryant gone, the most logical choice would be to move Houston inside to his natural position and find a more traditional DE to fill the LE spot. Ziggy could be the Ansah if we're going to remain a predominantly even front defense.
This guy gets it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE- Jason Hunter
DT- Tommy Kelly
DT- Lamarr Houston
LE- Elvis Doomervil

WOLB- Jarvis Jones
MLB- Miles Burris
SOLB- Nick Roach

CB- Tracy Porter
CB- Terrance Newman
FS- Baccari Rambo
SS- Tyvon Branch
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3 MILE LYLE


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 195
Location: oc
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE Houston
Nt sims
3t brandon Williams Missouri southern in the 4th
Re Andre carter

Shaun Phillips,burris and roach

Milliner
Adams
Ss branch
Fs clements
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
RE- Jason Hunter
DT- Tommy Kelly
DT- Lamarr Houston
LE- Elvis Doomervil

WOLB- Jarvis Jones
MLB- Miles Burris
SOLB- Nick Roach

CB- Tracy Porter
CB- Terrance Newman
FS- Baccari Rambo
SS- Tyvon Branch


you have just assembled the worst run defense of all-time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamethus92


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 4955
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
Ziggy could be the Ansah if we're going to remain a predominantly even front defense.



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14111
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
If he's not now first in line for the under tackle job, I will be surprised.


Same here. The impact positions on the 43 dline are RE and UT. Houston is our best dlineman and, imo, fits better at UT. Don't see why he shouldn't be playing there. I think Crawford and Hunter will be competing for the LE spot. We still badly need a RE.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Barnes from Georgia Tech 6'6" 369LBs wow dude is huge Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group