Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos officially release DE Elvis Dumervil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Kinda sounds like Doom and his agent were trying to pull a fast one? The team reached out to them to have him sign quicker but they refused. Didnt submit the deal till after his contract was $12M guaranteed.

Im guessing my boy Mike Sullivan was all over this. Im a big big fan of this guy.

... That would just cost him money, so no.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Well we got slapped with a ton of dead money. Awesome. The fact that they couldnt sign and fax something in a half hour is pathetic

If this is the case, surely the league will look at this and give us a break. If we get stuck with dead money and he turns around and wants to re-sign for what they have previously agreed to, I will be pissed.

There is no reason the team should be punished for the players/players agents stupidity. What do you do if you are Elway? Sign him to the same deal you had just agreed to on top of the dead money we have now? I'd tell him we'll subtract the dead money from your annual salary and you can sign. Otherwise, beat it.

Cant because of the dead money. That would be the same as giving him the $12m we wanted him to take a paycut from.

His new deal had $3m bonus of guaranteed money for next year that kicked in second day of league year 2014. My guess is that a new deal will be re-written and this guaranteed $ wont be available.

If he's back in Denver his annual average wont be more than $6m.

Because of his agents foolishness Elvis will suffer a $6-7m paycut, rather than a $4m paycut. Someones losing a client.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: