Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

wishful thinking for the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhioCowboy8732

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: wishful thinking for the draft Reply with quote

Ive done this for a few other teams and thought i would take a crack at it with the 49ers as well. I didnt fully realize how many draft picks you had until I did! WOW! For the time being I wont suspect or make any trades even though the FO has plenty of wiggle room. Its not very flashy and features a lot of OL/DL but this is what I've come up with:

1 Margus Hunt SMU DE
2 Jonathon Hankins tOSU/Jesse Williams Bama/John Jenkins Geo/Brandon Williams Missouri Southern State
2 Barrett Jones Bama/Travis Fredrick Wis/Brian Schwenke Cal C
3 Brian Winters KentSt/Alvin Bailey Ark G
3 Travic Kelce Cincy/Jordan Reed Fla TE
3 Philip Thomas Fresno St /Bacarri Rambo Geo FS
4 Nico Johnson Bama ILB
5 Tharold Simon LSU CB
5 Marcus Lattimore South Carolina RB
5 Denard Robinson Mich/Ace Sanders South Carolina WR/KR/PR
6 Jeff Tuel Wash St/Jordan Rodgers Vandy QB
7 Luke Marquardt Azusa Pacific OT

I think it provides some depth to an already great roster. I wasnt sure about drafting a DE and then a DT so soon but I think it could have a greater impact on the D, esp that amazing LB corp. I wanted to take a S but I really feel like Charles Woodson is going to be a niner. Any thoughts?
adamq

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the Dorsey signing I expect us to go with someone like Hunt, huge upside type player, with the first and a safety with the KC pick.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh goodness. that first three picks are my fear. i hate hunt, especially in the first and hankins.

i like the rest of the draft though.
kelce thomas and lattimore would be good picks.

and simon has the size to be a big physical corner.

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: wishful thinking for the draft Reply with quote

OhioCowboy8732 wrote:
Ive done this for a few other teams and thought i would take a crack at it with the 49ers as well. I didnt fully realize how many draft picks you had until I did! WOW! For the time being I wont suspect or make any trades even though the FO has plenty of wiggle room. Its not very flashy and features a lot of OL/DL but this is what I've come up with:

1 Margus Hunt SMU DE
2 Jonathon Hankins tOSU/Jesse Williams Bama/John Jenkins Geo/Brandon Williams Missouri Southern State
2 Barrett Jones Bama/Travis Fredrick Wis/Brian Schwenke Cal C
3 Brian Winters KentSt/Alvin Bailey Ark G
3 Travic Kelce Cincy/Jordan Reed Fla TE
3 Philip Thomas Fresno St /Bacarri Rambo Geo FS
4 Nico Johnson Bama ILB
5 Tharold Simon LSU CB
5 Marcus Lattimore South Carolina RB
5 Denard Robinson Mich/Ace Sanders South Carolina WR/KR/PR
6 Jeff Tuel Wash St/Jordan Rodgers Vandy QB
7 Luke Marquardt Azusa Pacific OT

I think it provides some depth to an already great roster. I wasnt sure about drafting a DE and then a DT so soon but I think it could have a greater impact on the D, esp that amazing LB corp. I wanted to take a S but I really feel like Charles Woodson is going to be a niner. Any thoughts?

Hunt and hankins is pretty much my nightmare scenario. I've made my total distaste for hunt clear in other threads so I won't get into it here. Hankins has bust written all over him. I am an OSU fan and live in Cincinnati, so I watched him play a lot.

I like Jessie Williams, even though he will be a two down player in the NFL, so I wouldn't hate if he was the selection. I'm up and down on Jenkins...he can dominate, but he seems to play when he wants to. I like Brandon Williams, but not that early. If we take him before our second second rounder, I think its a reach.

I don't like taking interior linemen back to back. I think its a waste. I like schwenke, but I say take Quessenberry in the fourth and you'll be good; he can play all 5 line positions. He'd be like a super utility guy and harbaugh loves versatility

I like the other two third rounders. Kelce wont be a stud, but I think a very good te2, and if we get either of those safeties at the end of the third I'd be ecstatic. Thomas needs to work on his coverage a little, but he's got ball hawking ability. Rambo has first round talent, but a fifth round head. The last prospect I described like that was navarro Bowman (though when I said that it was for my mock draft and I had him go to Dallas heh). Bowman worked out well for us.

I love lattimore and I praying we will take him. Jordan Rodgers is my late round developmental qb crush. I don't want Robinson. He can't make it as a wr; I feel that's just a wasted pick.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded our first round pick to another team for a future first round pick and a pick in this year's draft since we have KC's pick.

as for your picks, Idk about Hunt and Hankins. I was on their bandwagon earlier this year but now idk about them.

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded our first round pick to another team for a future first round pick and a pick in this year's draft since we have KC's pick.

as for your picks, Idk about Hunt and Hankins. I was on their bandwagon earlier this year but now idk about them.

Yeah, something tells me we don't end up making both ours and Kansas city's pick. My hope is that we are loading up for next year to draft clowney Laughing

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Yeah, something tells me we don't end up making both ours and Kansas city's pick. My hope is that we are loading up for next year to draft clowney Laughing

that's baalke's master plan Twisted Evil

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude Clowney and Aldon ruching the QB would be borderline illegal.
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the 3rd rd on I like it. I dont like Hunt unless were talking rd 3. Id be exstatic to get Phillip Thomas in rd 3. Our first pick in the 2nd Im like. Im not in love with Hankins tho I do like him I dont think he'd be in the best fit in a 3-4. He is better suited in a 4-3 even as a NT there were he can use his talent to get to the QB a little more an play a little different game that suites him better. John Jenkins is the guy for when it comes to NT. Williams is a solid fallback but people are caught to much drooling over his size, strength an athleticism then his actual ability to play. I love Barrett Jones hes a great pick because we need a future C but he can play RG if we need him to if Boone leaves in a couple years. Fredick is a good fallback not sold on him for our offense tho but like him. Im a big fan of Winters hed nasty an would fit our O-Line. Nico Johnson is an interesting pick we do need depth at ILB an he is intriguing. Lattimore is a great pick. I love Tharold Simon in late in the draft because he has lots of talent an size I saw alot of LSU games an I no he can play he just needs more time to develop an learn. Denard Robinson is a heck of an athlete but man he just doesnt have a position. Any one who saw him playing WR this offseason nos he isnt raw there hes worse then raw hes just plain bad there an has no future there.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
OhioCowboy8732

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys. Lot of distain for the first two picks so far, as well as taking back to back OL. Without trading the first two picks, who would you guys like to see taken in these slots?
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OhioCowboy8732 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Lot of distain for the first two picks so far, as well as taking back to back OL. Without trading the first two picks, who would you guys like to see taken in these slots?

I'm good with any of the following:

Dline (i think I'm one of the few who doesn't mind back to back with first two picks; de and nt). Datone Jones is a favorite; Sylvester Williams. I like Jessie Williams some and Jenkins some.

Secondary - cb or safety. Either or. Rogers is gone after the year is over, brown is a free agent after this year. Whitner is free agent and it seems we are looking at nnamndi and woodson at short term deals.I like trufant and Rhodes the most at cb, cyprien and swearinger at safety (or Rambo is we want to wait).

Wide receiver or eifert/ertz- boldin is older and on a one yr deal. Manningham is a free agent after the year. Jenkins did not look promising last year.

KayJayz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's absolutely sickening seeing how many picks you guys have in the first 3 rounds. Before we got rid of our first rounder, I was really warming up to Margus Hunt, he could be a special player. Good luck in the draft, we will be having some pretty epic games the next few years.

~props to mike23md~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: