Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

When are you going to start spending money??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisororke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: When are you going to start spending money?? Reply with quote

I'm not happy with my team's offseason (Steelers), they suck. This division is yours for the taking. Baltimore could be a 6-10 team and the Steelers could be very similar record-wise. The Browns are the Browns and you guys are the leader in the clubhouse IMO. This could be an ole NFC West winner at 8-8 or maybe even 7-9

What are your moves? Brown is just sitting on his cash.

Trying to help you out here. At least you guys aren't broke. Some moves that could help you and looking forward to your opinion

Got a question so I can be more knowledgable. You guys run a 4-3 right?

1) Jake Long OT, could resign Andre but Long is the real deal
2) Louis Delmas S, i would consider giving a nut for this kid...nah but he's unreal
3) DJ Williams OLB ... if you play 4-3 love the move
4) Karolos Dansby maybe past prime could be pretty cheap OLB
5) DeAngelo Hall CB or Nnamdi Asomugha CB ...prefer Nnamdi
6) Sebastian Vollmer OT ...cheaper OT alternative
7) Ahmad Bradshaw RB? ...think you should draft one instead
Cool John Abraham DE
9) Israel Idonije DE (underrated, kids a force) .. very Devon Still like IMO
10) Chris Gamble CB ... you could use a few CBs. Gamble and Asomugha would be great duo
11) Charles Woodson DB ... still got miles
chrisororke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I mocked Justin Hunter WR to you the other day. That's just stupid having him and AJ Green as your top 2 WR. Not a Dalton guy, but would certainly make him look better
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't spend money. We resign our own and sign cheaper veterans who are looking to play for 1-2 more good years.

Long- we need a RT and in no way would pay Long
Delmas- didn't he sign with the 49ers
Dj Williams- he is a MLB which we don't really need
Dansby- could be interesting but don't see him fitting too well
Hall- wouldn't surprise me. But I think we would sign Newman or Jones first
Vollmer- not a bad RT option but I think the team is trying to sign Andre Smith
Bradshaw- wouldn't hate it but we need a change of pace back to pair with BJGE more than a guy like Bradshaw
Abraham- after resigning MJ, Gilberry and Geathers, I don't see us signing any more DEs.
Gamble/Woodson- doubt we pay for Gamble and Woodson is likely looking for a contender.

In the end, we will not sign any big FAs but most likely resign our own guys. Mike Brown has the money but is a complete cheap @$$

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Brown is bad for football. If there was an anti hall of fame he'd be a first ballot
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
We won't spend money. We resign our own and sign cheaper veterans who are looking to play for 1-2 more good years.

In the end, we will not sign any big FAs but most likely resign our own guys. Mike Brown has the money but is a complete cheap @$$

Paragraph A: I agree. What's wrong with that? The same people that whine now about not jumping into free agency (like a kid in a candy store and a twenty dollar bill) are the same ones who would rip him for not having the money to keep Adkins, green and Dunlap. You can't have it both ways.

Paragraph 2: Coundn't disagree more. Are we under the cap? Yes. Are we at the bottom of the league in spending? No, and it isn't even close. A few years ago when Palmer was extended we were the fourth highest spending team.

What people around here either fail to remember or are too young to know is that there was a good reason Mikey wasn't spending big bucks in the nineties and early 2000's. He was still fighting the IRS over bestate taxes from paul brown's passing. Here's one for all of you outsiders that think he's just some dumb guy who inherited a team: he won and was one of his own lawyers.

So what if we don't overspend on the first few days after FA starts. I'd prefer we do sit back and pick up the pieces we need later in the week. That way we aren't forced to do what Pitt has to do and Baltimore seems to want to do and cut overpaid players to get under the cap or to save cap space for the following year.

Now if we sit back but still lose Green, Adkins (and Dunlap for that matter) then I am right there with you.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Paragraph A: I agree. What's wrong with that? The same people that whine now about not jumping into free agency (like a kid in a candy store and a twenty dollar bill) are the same ones who would rip him for not having the money to keep Adkins, green and Dunlap. You can't have it both ways.

Paragraph 2: Coundn't disagree more. Are we under the cap? Yes. Are we at the bottom of the league in spending? No, and it isn't even close. A few years ago when Palmer was extended we were the fourth highest spending team.

What people around here either fail to remember or are too young to know is that there was a good reason Mikey wasn't spending big bucks in the nineties and early 2000's. He was still fighting the IRS over bestate taxes from paul brown's passing. Here's one for all of you outsiders that think he's just some dumb guy who inherited a team: he won and was one of his own lawyers.

So what if we don't overspend on the first few days after FA starts. I'd prefer we do sit back and pick up the pieces we need later in the week. That way we aren't forced to do what Pitt has to do and Baltimore seems to want to do and cut overpaid players to get under the cap or to save cap space for the following year.

Now if we sit back but still lose Green, Adkins (and Dunlap for that matter) then I am right there with you.

I couldn't have said it better. I want nothing to do with big FA contracts. Nothing. This team is on the right track with their draft and extend strategy. The only time that has backfired in recent history is with Jonathan Joseph. When they deviate from that plan (ala Antonio Bryant, TO, L. Coles, etc), those FA's always bust.

No. Keep with the plan. Roll over some money to next year to help extend Dunlap and Green. Extend Geno and Michael Johnson now and keep a good portion of that money in 2013. Use some on Andre Smith. Do all that and all the 2013 money will be gone, and they'll be sitting on a boatload of cash in 2014 again. It's a good plan.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather we be able to extend MJ, Geno, AJ, Dalton, Dunlap, and resign Andre Smith.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I'd rather we be able to extend MJ, Geno, AJ, Dalton, Dunlap, and resign Andre Smith.

This times the national debt!
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying I want us to run out and spend money on guys. I would like to see us retain some more of our own guys like Howard, but I would rather see us resign our own guys and extend guys like Geno, Dunlap and MJ.

Like I said, the only player who has signed so far I would have been interested in is Bush, other than that I am fine with our FA.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be kicking the tires on Michael Huff. Could be a solid starter at a reasonable price.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I'd be kicking the tires on Michael Huff. Could be a solid starter at a reasonable price.

I would love to sign him.

Spartan300

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Especially extending our guys first.

Rarely do teams that make splashy moves in free agency turn out to be legit contenders. Look at the Bills and Mario Williams. Build this team through the draft!
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best. News. Ever.

Quote:
The Bengals and Johnson have until July 15 to strike a long-term deal and it's believed the Bengals are also going to use the summer to try and wrap up linemates Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap, as well, before they head into free agency next year.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Bengals-looking-at-backer-depth-Ginn-looks-to-be-on-radar-Desert-deals-MJ-expected-at-OTAs/8ac1abcb-9e60-497f-b007-f178ddcada94

theJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Best. News. Ever.

Quote:
The Bengals and Johnson have until July 15 to strike a long-term deal and it's believed the Bengals are also going to use the summer to try and wrap up linemates Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap, as well, before they head into free agency next year.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Bengals-looking-at-backer-depth-Ginn-looks-to-be-on-radar-Desert-deals-MJ-expected-at-OTAs/8ac1abcb-9e60-497f-b007-f178ddcada94

No, the best news will be when those actually happen. I'm so skeptical and jaded after all these years that i won't believe those guys can be resigned until it actually happens.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: When are you going to start spending money?? Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:

The Browns are the Browns and you guys are the leader in the clubhouse IMO. This could be an ole NFC West winner at 8-8 or maybe even 7-9

Not buying the 'leader in the clubhouse' thing. Our division is always going to be a heavyweight slugfest. with a couple of big plays deciding each game; thats why I love our division.

The Steelers could go and get 53 guys off the street, and they'd still be tougher than old boots and ready to punch someone in the mouth. The Ravens have lost plenty of guys already, but will still be more than a handful, and the Browns D keeps getting better, and I like their new DC alot.

The beat goes on in the AFCN, run the ball and stop the run. Wouldn't be surprised if all the teams are 7 to 9 win teams this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: