Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots host former Jets, Falcons DE John Abraham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22540
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
BP wrote:
Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Richter wrote:
Abraham is a Pat.


where you seeing this?

Twitter. Also a rumor going around that the Pats and Browns are looking at a Mallett for Phil Taylor swap.
rumors. phil taylor is sort of nice but i dont want to throw away our backup qb for a lesser important rotational position. also, theres definitely got to be a pick involved going to the patriots in any mallett deal, no way they do straight up
Taylor would be a starter. I would say a 1:1 swap works out in the Pats' favor.


if brady gets hurts, we're royally screwed.

Only liked the idea of parting with Mallet when Cassel was available.
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46944
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
BP wrote:
Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Richter wrote:
Abraham is a Pat.


where you seeing this?

Twitter. Also a rumor going around that the Pats and Browns are looking at a Mallett for Phil Taylor swap.
rumors. phil taylor is sort of nice but i dont want to throw away our backup qb for a lesser important rotational position. also, theres definitely got to be a pick involved going to the patriots in any mallett deal, no way they do straight up
Taylor would be a starter. I would say a 1:1 swap works out in the Pats' favor.


if brady gets hurts, we're royally screwed.
That would've been the case regardless.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22540
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
if brady gets hurts, we're royally screwed.
That would've been the case regardless.[/quote]

Mallett knows the offense, and may be the most physically gifted passer in the NFL. I'll take our chances with him over any other back up or player in this years draft.
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Quote:
if brady gets hurts, we're royally screwed.
That would've been the case regardless.


Mallett knows the offense, and may be the most physically gifted passer in the NFL. I'll take our chances with him over any other back up or player in this years draft.
ya hes shown very little but id be comfortable with him attempting to save the pats in the case where brady is out for a while

Last edited by BP on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46944
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing the offense isn't the be-all-end-all. Mallett's accuracy and decision making have been very spotty.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 6054
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please...Vinny Testerverde knows the offense too and i would pick him up or even Hoyer after an awesome 1:1 swap for Taylor. BP and NBT, you guys totally overrate Mallet. Dude has gotten worse since being a Pat. Watch him at Arkansas and then in any time w/ us. Totally different dude. How, with TFB and BB on your staff, could you degress? I dont know but Mallet seems to have found a way. Jamarcus had a cannon too, just never was able to do anything with it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 6054
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, welcome to the Pats Abraham. Excited to have a veteran pass rusher on yhe squad of his caliber. I think he will definitely help Chandler and the team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46944
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Please...Vinny Testerverde knows the offense too and i would pick him up or even Hoyer after an awesome 1:1 swap for Taylor. BP and NBT, you guys totally overrate Mallet. Dude has gotten worse since being a Pat. Watch him at Arkansas and then in any time w/ us. Totally different dude. How, with TFB and BB on your staff, could you degress? I dont know but Mallet seems to have found a way. Jamarcus had a cannon too, just never was able to do anything with it.
Hoyer got a 2nd round tender from the Cards for some reason.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 6054
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
Please...Vinny Testerverde knows the offense too and i would pick him up or even Hoyer after an awesome 1:1 swap for Taylor. BP and NBT, you guys totally overrate Mallet. Dude has gotten worse since being a Pat. Watch him at Arkansas and then in any time w/ us. Totally different dude. How, with TFB and BB on your staff, could you degress? I dont know but Mallet seems to have found a way. Jamarcus had a cannon too, just never was able to do anything with it.
Hoyer got a 2nd round tender from the Cards for some reason.


Holy crap I figured he'd been released. I'm not touching him for a 2nd but there are plenty of others I could live w/ as a BACKUP if we swung that for Taylor. Any more rumors on that front? Freeney?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22540
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Knowing the offense isn't the be-all-end-all. Mallett's accuracy and decision making have been very spotty.


mallets barely played with the starting offense;his pic last year was a beautiful pass
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46944
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Knowing the offense isn't the be-all-end-all. Mallett's accuracy and decision making have been very spotty.


mallets barely played with the starting offense;his pic last year was a beautiful pass
And how do you explain away the sub-50% completion rate in preseason?
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 6054
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Knowing the offense isn't the be-all-end-all. Mallett's accuracy and decision making have been very spotty.


mallets barely played with the starting offense;his pic last year was a beautiful pass
And how do you explain away the sub-50% completion rate in preseason?


He cannot. Mallet has legit gotten worse since being a college QB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PoWww


Joined: 28 Feb 2013
Posts: 1398
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything official yet about Abraham signing?
_________________

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.

Adopt a Patriot- Stevan Ridley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12489
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
I don't see anything official yet about Abraham signing?

Its in principle agreed. Not on ink yet.
I_GET_SAX wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Knowing the offense isn't the be-all-end-all. Mallett's accuracy and decision making have been very spotty.


mallets barely played with the starting offense;his pic last year was a beautiful pass
And how do you explain away the sub-50% completion rate in preseason?


He cannot. Mallet has legit gotten worse since being a college QB.

Cassel was pretty awful in preseason and was much better in reg season. i wouldnt discount mallett yet.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot: Tim Wright
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Please...Vinny Testerverde knows the offense too and i would pick him up or even Hoyer after an awesome 1:1 swap for Taylor. BP and NBT, you guys totally overrate Mallet. Dude has gotten worse since being a Pat. Watch him at Arkansas and then in any time w/ us. Totally different dude. How, with TFB and BB on your staff, could you degress? I dont know but Mallet seems to have found a way. Jamarcus had a cannon too, just never was able to do anything with it.
mallett hasnt played in any games as the starter since college, not sure how much you expect. member how awful cassel looked before he started? nbt btw was talking about knowing the offense i wasnt...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group