Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's the deal with Bowers?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: What's the deal with Bowers? Reply with quote

has anyone heard anything lately with the whole gun ordeal...I see a bunch of people saying he's going to step up and be a beast this year. I'm very optimistic about his talents but I'm not so sure he even sees the field?

updates?
BuczNGator5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it will be similar to the Talib situation. He should be allowed to play until he is proven guilty in court. Not sure if there's any updates on his case, but hopefully he can get it dropped. I believe the Bucs feel pretty comfortable with his situation (atleast for this season) if they let Bennett walk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddell doesn't care about what happens in court..he suspends anyone who he thinks made the game look bad or whatever..see Big Ben.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Goddell doesn't care about what happens in court..he suspends anyone who he thinks made the game look bad or whatever..see Big Ben.

not true...

He was a repeat offender. This whole incident is unlike any other, he ADMITTED to having the gun!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

not true...

He was a repeat offender. This whole incident is unlike any other, he ADMITTED to having the gun!

He still made the game look bad.

(According to Goddell, I personally think it's a non-issue.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

not true...

I think it's an issue just for the fact that who is dumb enough to think they are allowed to carry a gun on a plane?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuczNGator5 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

not true...

I think it's an issue just for the fact that who is dumb enough to think they are allowed to carry a gun on a plane?

According to reports, he didn't try to carry a gun on the plane. Bowers checked the gun at the service desk before trying to board the plane at LaGuardia. I'm no legal expert, but there is something called the 2nd Amendment. If his gun was registered in another state, he has the right to carry a gun (2nd Amendment). Where he went wrong in New York was how he was checking the gun to aiport staff according to reports.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does he carry a gun on him at all? You're only inviting trouble. What good can possibly come out of carrying a gun around?

I don't even want to hear self-defense. The dude is like 6'6 280, he should have no problem. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shouldn't get into gun laws. It's against forum rules.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he stays out of the news I don't care what he's doing
5nick5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Why does he carry a gun on him at all? You're only inviting trouble. What good can possibly come out of carrying a gun around?

I don't even want to hear self-defense. The dude is like 6'6 280, he should have no problem. Laughing

If you're getting shot at, it doesn't matter how big you are. However, him carrying a gun on him everywhere he goes makes me question his character.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6463/daquan-bowers

Quote:
According to the Tampa Bay Times, part of the reason the Bucs let Michael Bennett walk in free agency is because they view DE Da'Quan Bowers as a "player with more upside."Bowers missed the first six games of 2012 as he recovered from a torn Achilles' tendon, but managed to notch three sacks in 10 games as a rotational rusher. He's also facing gun charges in New York, but the Bucs apparently believe he'll escape without jail time. Letting Bennett walk — for only $5 million, no less — was a risky move by the Bucs, but Bowers will make them look smart if he can live up to his potential.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
According to the Tampa Bay Times, part of the reason the Bucs let Michael Bennett walk in free agency is because they view DE Da'Quan Bowers as a "player with more upside."Bowers missed the first six games of 2012 as he recovered from a torn Achilles' tendon, but managed to notch three sacks in 10 games as a rotational rusher. He's also facing gun charges in New York, but the Bucs apparently believe he'll escape without jail time. Letting Bennett walk — for only $5 million, no less — was a risky move by the Bucs, but Bowers will make them look smart if he can live up to his potential.

Nice. Yeah, based off talent and potential Bowers is better and maybe Dom was thinking long tern and thinks it would be better to resign Bowers rather than Bennett. Can't pay 3 DE big money. I'd rather pay Clayborn and Bowers. Bowers is just as good in run as Bennett and is more naturally gifted in pass rushing. Now all we need is a nickle rusher. If we spend picks on CB LB and DT we should get a nickle rusher in FA.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Nice. Yeah, based off talent and potential Bowers is better and maybe Dom was thinking long tern and thinks it would be better to resign Bowers rather than Bennett. Can't pay 3 DE big money. I'd rather pay Clayborn and Bowers. Bowers is just as good in run as Bennett and is more naturally gifted in pass rushing. Now all we need is a nickle rusher. If we spend picks on CB LB and DT we should get a nickle rusher in FA.

I really like Bowers when we play him inside as well when we use our own version of the NY giants nascar package...I bet Alpha male would be a beast in there too
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bucs coach Greg Schiano expects LE Da'Quan Bowers to reach double-digit sacks in his third NFL season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: