Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Meh I Got Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Don't really care about the argument but last statement wAy off. Questioning authority doesn't make a leader

Questioning authority can lead to death of co workers and others

Only thing someone will lead questioning my authority is the mop and bucket duty

You are talking in a completely different scenario. You CAN'T question authority in the scenario you are talking, I understand what you mean. But just take my example, George Washington Was the ultimate in questioning authority and it made him quite possibly one of the best leaders of all time. One of the factories I worked at, questioning authority not only got me in a position of authority at a very young age(I was 22 years younger than next youngest in management there), but it led to much more productive lines in multiple cases.

When long term decision making is done, questioning authority is a sign of leadership. In snap decisions and especially snap life/death situations everyone has to be in lock step and the only way to achieve that is for everyone to do as the leader says without question immediately. And doing so really does not show whether you are a leader or not, just a flat requirement.

Questioning authority and having an idea are completely different things. And I am not blindly following anything. My best friend played collegiate baseball. His former roommate plays Major League Baseball. My best friends dad managed high school baseball for years. So I take their opinions and use it to see what to look for. I also see what the media's opinion is, I also see what his players say about him, I also look at his job history. All those things rolled up lead to Leyland being a pretty productive manager.

And questioning authority does not make you a leader. It means you have a problem with authority. Being creative and finding intelligent ways to do things and inspire people make you a great leader.

Inspire is key word.

LeylAnd is baseball manager anyhow. Not baseball leader.

Leyand works on strategic level. The leaders are veteran players like Cabrera.

Leyland empowers them to lead while he managers.

His strategic choices are my issue sometimes

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Questioning authority and having an idea are completely different things.

Not according to you. According to you if someone else says Leyland is good, then he must be. Common sense tells me that if I can come up with more than a couple handfuls of decisions from my living room that I would have made differently and his turn out bad, then either he doesn't deserve to be a professional or I do. I subscribe to the former and not the latter.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Questioning authority and having an idea are completely different things.

Not according to you. According to you if someone else says Leyland is good, then he must be. Common sense tells me that if I can come up with more than a couple handfuls of decisions from my living room that I would have made differently and his turn out bad, then either he doesn't deserve to be a professional or I do. I subscribe to the former and not the latter.

Show me how you deduct that from what I said. Using numerous credible resources who are educated in the game beyond little league, watching myself, and looking at stats is how I came to my decision. I never talked about questioning authority or having an idea. The fact you come to that and try to make the conversation deeper than it really is is just you deflecting because you know your armchair manager decisions hold no weit to anyone. You needed a new platform to jump on so you made up that argument.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Collins story>Tim Tebow being released IMO.

Not sure how much we can talk about it here but who cares about a soon to be out of the league "QB".
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:

Not sure how much we can talk about it here but who cares about a soon to be out of the league "QB".

Unfortunately it can't be dis used here. But I agree, I am sick of Tim Tebow.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
MrDirt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:

I agree, and I believe the answer is 'not at all'... Violates the first rule.

Edit: Ninja'd
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a lady at my work called in sick today. I get back from lunch and he husband is outside in their pickup. I thought to myself "oh she came in after she felt better". Well a little while later he was gone. I asked someone if she was here and they said "no why?". I said cuz her husband was here, but they must of asked the boss something or something (got a draw or something). Well come to find out he came to pick her up for lunch. He didn't know she didn't come in. Either pure accidental or there is something going on in their house. Confused How embarrassing for him for him to be told by her boss she isn't in. How does he not know? Question

Sig bet
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
So a lady at my work called in sick today. I get back from lunch and he husband is outside in their pickup. I thought to myself "oh she came in after she felt better". Well a little while later he was gone. I asked someone if she was here and they said "no why?". I said cuz her husband was here, but they must of asked the boss something or something (got a draw or something). Well come to find out he came to pick her up for lunch. He didn't know she didn't come in. Either pure accidental or there is something going on in their house. Confused How embarrassing for him for him to be told by her boss she isn't in. How does he not know? Question

My first guess is you're probably reading too much into it. Maybe he goes to work before she gets up, and she got up feeling ill.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

Major assumptions. I've surprised my wife and vice versa and us not known other not in office.

I don't tell her every time I step out. Vice versa

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
1King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

Better question is, why do you care?

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, its been a great run, guys. I appreciate all the football talk we've had, but its time for me to go.

Im not leaving on bad terms. School and Work is piling up so much, the site is now just a distraction. As I progress through life, I'm realizing that I cant afford these distractions.

Thanks guys, and go Lions!
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Better question is, why do you care?
It was pure accidental. I'm not allowed to observe? Laughing he got called in and went to pick her up from lunch when he got off and doesn't have a cell.

I care cuz I'd be embarrassed to pick my wife up and she wasn't in. Laughing

Sig bet
detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny:

http://www.examiner.com/article/peeping-toms-fall-through-ceiling-women-s-restroom-at-movie-theater

Not funny:

I was there that same day with my kids, including 2 daughters.

Had we seen the 4:00 instead of the 1:00, I could be in jail right now for murder.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Bruce Rondon sucked it up today
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you seen my favorite movie, American History X? Such a good movie.

Sig bet

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 44 of 107

Jump to: