Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Meh I Got Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Heck apparently being a big league manager is so easy anyone can do it.

Leyland certainly isn't one of them.

Once again. No second guessing, constantly I say before he makes a decision how I would do it, he does something different and it turns out bad. That isn't second guessing and it isn't hindsight. It is an armchair idiot knowing better than the moron coach.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
A. ) I say you can't. More than just in game stuff, if you have the education know how, inside and outs, maybe but your just a regular guy like me who knows nothing how to work a club house or players, or locker-rooms etc. We can't manage man, we don't know the in's and outs.

Really don't know because I have never tried, but it would not be surprising if I could for several reasons. Just a couple; My grandfather and father coached ....I guess I will just say higher than little league. I am sure without trying I have picked up at least something from them before they died as well as seemingly having genetics on my side. And as far as dealing with people; I have never had a job since I was 16yo that I didn't land in some sort of leadership position. And I have never applied to such a position, it has always just been the natural selection.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man these Tigs are just so much fun to watch

Ajax draws a walk, Torii shoots one through the right side and a pitcher that hasnt given up a run all year goes down 3-0 to Cabby and throws a fastball right down the middle

the best part is Kruk called it 2 seconds before saying "he better not just throw him a fast ball right down the middle otherwise that is going to be 3 runs"

This team i hope is the one that finally ends the 29 year drought
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
Man these Tigs are just so much fun to watch

Ajax draws a walk, Torii shoots one through the right side and a pitcher that hasnt given up a run all year goes down 3-0 to Cabby and throws a fastball right down the middle

the best part is Kruk called it 2 seconds before saying "he better not just throw him a fast ball right down the middle otherwise that is going to be 3 runs"

This team i hope is the one that finally ends the 29 year drought
They look great out there, hopefully Hunter can keep up this style of play because this team is so much better with him at #2 right now. Crazy thing is, Cabrera and Fielder haven't been hitting for much power yet and Martinez has been off so far. Imagine if Castellanos becomes as good as advertised Shocked

And when my mind is thinking about crazy possibilities, imagine if the Lions could somehow draft Clowney?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Once again. No second guessing, constantly I say before he makes a decision how I would do it, he does something different and it turns out bad. That isn't second guessing and it isn't hindsight. It is an armchair idiot knowing better than the moron coach.

No end to your ego.

You haven't got a pinch of the ability of Leyland but you can continue blowing your own horn if it makes you feel better.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
A. ) I say you can't. More than just in game stuff, if you have the education know how, inside and outs, maybe but your just a regular guy like me who knows nothing how to work a club house or players, or locker-rooms etc. We can't manage man, we don't know the in's and outs.

Really don't know because I have never tried, but it would not be surprising if I could for several reasons. Just a couple; My grandfather and father coached ....I guess I will just say higher than little league. I am sure without trying I have picked up at least something from them before they died as well as seemingly having genetics on my side. And as far as dealing with people; I have never had a job since I was 16yo that I didn't land in some sort of leadership position. And I have never applied to such a position, it has always just been the natural selection.

Genetics has zero to do with coaching ability. To suggest you have more ability than Leyland is ridiculous.

Leadership? Is that why you're occupying a senior management position?

Give it a rest.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

No end to your ego.

You haven't got a pinch of the ability of Leyland but you can continue blowing your own horn if it makes you feel better.

Well, considering I am only judging singular decisions and stating facts, and you are judging far past that, maybe you should rethink who is displaying an ego here.

Maybe so, maybe not. Not claiming I know for sure one way or the other, only that Leyland is an idiot judging on the number of proven incorrect decisions he has made.

You, on the other hand know for absolute certain your opinon is fact.

Once again, I have found it an interesting study in human nature how often we find faults in others that we actually despise within ourselves.

Love ya brother.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Genetics has zero to do with coaching ability.

Genetics has a ton to do with leadership ability. To act you know otherwise is awfully egotistic of you considering the amount of studies that have proven such. Considering my own story shows such. Once again, I have never applied for a leadership position, but I can't think of a single job that isn't where I wound up.

As far as work now, it is very unfortunate I am incapable of work or that other factors kept me from work. Interesting that my non-genetic leadership has led me to work for myself yet again.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Genetics has a ton to do with leadership ability. To act you know otherwise is awfully egotistic of you considering the amount of studies that have proven such. Considering my own story shows such. Once again, I have never applied for a leadership position, but I can't think of a single job that isn't where I wound up.

As far as work now, it is very unfortunate I am incapable of work or that other factors kept me from work. Interesting that my non-genetic leadership has led me to work for myself yet again.

Genetics doesn't have much to do with leadership, but surrounding and upbringing do. There are plenty of great leaders that come from average run of the mill parents.

As for Leyland, you seem to think your opinion is fact. You don't like decisions Leyland has made so you write him off. The many MLB professionals who have hired him, retained him, and watched him take teams to the World Series and win strongly disagree with your opinions. Most rankings I have seen have Leyland as a top 10 major league manager, top 5 in some. I will trust the numerous professionals opinion as well as what I see.

TE losing before this was due to our hitters not hitting. However Leyland gets blamed for losing and bring Velverde back. Now we are winning, and it's just because the bats heated up, and nothing to do with Leyland. Convenient.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Genetics doesn't have much to do with leadership, but surrounding and upbringing do. There are plenty of great leaders that come from average run of the mill parents.

As for Leyland, you seem to think your opinion is fact. You don't like decisions Leyland has made so you write him off. The many MLB professionals who have hired him, retained him, and watched him take teams to the World Series and win strongly disagree with your opinions. Most rankings I have seen have Leyland as a top 10 major league manager, top 5 in some. I will trust the numerous professionals opinion as well as what I see.

TE losing before this was due to our hitters not hitting. However Leyland gets blamed for losing and bring Velverde back. Now we are winning, and it's just because the bats heated up, and nothing to do with Leyland. Convenient.

The only thing this entire season I have said anything about is bringing back Valverde and I have faith that will blow up in his face yet. Whatever other mumbo-jumbo you are trying to bring up has nothing to do with anything I said. This season we haven't really done alot of winning or losing because of him. All I can say is he made clear dumb reliever decisions different than I would have that lost him a game twice. As I said before, it remains to be seen if the different reliever would have made the difference or not. I am not prepared to make that judgement. But I can tell you I would have done it different and what Leyland did didn't work.

I also said Leyland didn't make the difference last year. So that is an entire season I gave him a pass on, yet you act like I blame every loss on him when that simply is not true. Just a case of overstating your case in an effort to discredit a viable opinion you disagree with.

If you would calm down and look at my statements objectively rather than #defendLeylandMode, I think you would find I am not being nearly as unfair as you try to make it out to be. Nor am I being nearly as definitive as DHLF is making it up to be.

EDIT: One more thing. Trusting authority because someone put them there makes one a follower. The ability to question authority is what makes many a leader. Talk to George Washington about it.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

The only thing this entire season I have said anything about is bringing back Valverde and I have faith that will blow up in his face yet. Whatever other mumbo-jumbo you are trying to bring up has nothing to do with anything I said. This season we haven't really done alot of winning or losing because of him. All I can say is he made clear dumb reliever decisions different than I would have that lost him a game twice. As I said before, it remains to be seen if the different reliever would have made the difference or not. I am not prepared to make that judgement. But I can tell you I would have done it different and what Leyland did didn't work.

I also said Leyland didn't make the difference last year. So that is an entire season I gave him a pass on, yet you act like I blame every loss on him when that simply is not true. Just a case of overstating your case in an effort to discredit a viable opinion you disagree with.

If you would calm down and look at my statements objectively rather than #defendLeylandMode, I think you would find I am not being nearly as unfair as you try to make it out to be. Nor am I being nearly as definitive as DHLF is making it up to be.

EDIT: One more thing. Trusting authority because someone put them there makes one a follower. The ability to question authority is what makes many a leader. Talk to George Washington about it.

Don't really care about the argument but last statement wAy off. Questioning authority doesn't make a leader

Questioning authority can lead to death of co workers and others

Only thing someone will lead questioning my authority is the mop and bucket duty

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Don't really care about the argument but last statement wAy off. Questioning authority doesn't make a leader

Only thing someone will lead questioning my authority is the mop and bucket duty

You are talking in a completely different scenario. You CAN'T question authority in the scenario you are talking, I understand what you mean. But just take my example, George Washington Was the ultimate in questioning authority and it made him quite possibly one of the best leaders of all time. One of the factories I worked at, questioning authority not only got me in a position of authority at a very young age(I was 22 years younger than next youngest in management there), but it led to much more productive lines in multiple cases.

When long term decision making is done, questioning authority is a sign of leadership. In snap decisions and especially snap life/death situations everyone has to be in lock step and the only way to achieve that is for everyone to do as the leader says without question immediately. And doing so really does not show whether you are a leader or not, just a flat requirement.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pithocrates.com/tag/question-authority/

Washington actually stopped soldiers from questioning authority

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

You are talking in a completely different scenario. You CAN'T question authority in the scenario you are talking, I understand what you mean. But just take my example, George Washington Was the ultimate in questioning authority and it made him quite possibly one of the best leaders of all time. One of the factories I worked at, questioning authority not only got me in a position of authority at a very young age(I was 22 years younger than next youngest in management there), but it led to much more productive lines in multiple cases.

When long term decision making is done, questioning authority is a sign of leadership. In snap decisions and especially snap life/death situations everyone has to be in lock step and the only way to achieve that is for everyone to do as the leader says without question immediately. And doing so really does not show whether you are a leader or not, just a flat requirement.

Once again don't agree with last part. People not out in leadership role if they have not prove it.

We promote based on leadership. Managers do not lead. You have managers and leaders. Managers work on strategic level while leaders work on tactical. Leaders carry out the strategic vision.

Those who can not lead plan.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Questioning authority and having an idea are completely different things. And I am not blindly following anything. My best friend played collegiate baseball. His former roommate plays Major League Baseball. My best friends dad managed high school baseball for years. So I take their opinions and use it to see what to look for. I also see what the media's opinion is, I also see what his players say about him, I also look at his job history. All those things rolled up lead to Leyland being a pretty productive manager.

And questioning authority does not make you a leader. It means you have a problem with authority. Being creative and finding intelligent ways to do things and inspire people make you a great leader.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 43 of 107

Jump to: