Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Meh I Got Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Be jealous of my new sig Cool

Man youre gonna be really bummed when the Raiders snag him at #3 or someone like Tampa trades up to #4 for him Laughing

Or he falls in the draft because teams are too scared to take on a raw project like him.

There really isn't one guy we can really get excited about though. Dion Jordan needs a lot of work, Ansah's raw too, both of the tackles are really good but probably not going to fall to 5, we really don't need another DT in the top half of the first round, Milliner is probably not worth that high of a pick, and then there's Chance Warmack, who plays possibly the least-important individual position outside of special teams. Fisher and Joeckel are the only two guys I'll really be happy about drafting, but then it's not like I'm going to leap for joy if land one of them either.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
LionsGM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
The Blues just acquired Jbow and the Kings got Regher.

I'm pretty much expecting the Wings to do nothing. They signed Danny DeKeyser and Babcock made some comments about how getting players back from injury would be like making trade deadline moves. It's okay. I don't think the Wings are one player away from suddenly becoming big Stanley Cup contenders, nor do I really want to trade any of our prospects for a winger or 3rd pairing defenseman in his mid-to-late 30's again.

I heard Bertuzzi has been skating with the team recently and could be inching back. But, I don't believe with the current team even with a return of Bertuzzi and Helm would even be capable of avoiding a sweep in the first round of the playoffs if they made it.

Even with Helm and Bertuzzi back, the Wings still need stop 6 forward help AND a good/great blueliner. The guy I liked is apparently off the market according to Steve Yzerman. But, I think Martin St. Louis would be just what the doctor ordered for the Redwings offense coupled with the return of Bert and Helm. St. Louis is a prolific scorer, great playmaker and a true power-play threat.

That would immediately improve the complexion of the team offensively and on special teams.

1st Line:
LW - Johan Franzen
C - Pavel Datsyuk
RW - Martin St. Louis

2nd Line:
LW - Todd Bertuzzi
C - Henrik Zetterberg
RW - Valterri Filppula

3rd Line:
LW - Justin Abdelkader
C - Darren Helm
RW - Damien Brunner

4th Line:
LW - Joakim Andersson
C - Gustav Nyquist
RW - Dan Cleary/Tomas Tatar

Honestly, I could see that unit making some noise in the playffs although, we'd still need to add an all star calibur defenseman somehow and I just don't see that being very feasible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Be jealous of my new sig Cool

Man youre gonna be really bummed when the Raiders snag him at #3 or someone like Tampa trades up to #4 for him Laughing

Or he falls in the draft because teams are too scared to take on a raw project like him.

He could fall no doubt. I don't think anyone that raw been drafted that high. True my shows how pathetic this class is

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsGM wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I'm pretty much expecting the Wings to do nothing. They signed Danny DeKeyser and Babcock made some comments about how getting players back from injury would be like making trade deadline moves. It's okay. I don't think the Wings are one player away from suddenly becoming big Stanley Cup contenders, nor do I really want to trade any of our prospects for a winger or 3rd pairing defenseman in his mid-to-late 30's again.

I heard Bertuzzi has been skating with the team recently and could be inching back. But, I don't believe with the current team even with a return of Bertuzzi and Helm would even be capable of avoiding a sweep in the first round of the playoffs if they made it.

Even with Helm and Bertuzzi back, the Wings still need stop 6 forward help AND a good/great blueliner. The guy I liked is apparently off the market according to Steve Yzerman. But, I think Martin St. Louis would be just what the doctor ordered for the Redwings offense coupled with the return of Bert and Helm. St. Louis is a prolific scorer, great playmaker and a true power-play threat.

That would immediately improve the complexion of the team offensively and on special teams.

1st Line:
LW - Johan Franzen
C - Pavel Datsyuk
RW - Martin St. Louis

2nd Line:
LW - Todd Bertuzzi
C - Henrik Zetterberg
RW - Valterri Filppula

3rd Line:
LW - Justin Abdelkader
C - Darren Helm
RW - Damien Brunner

4th Line:
LW - Joakim Andersson
C - Gustav Nyquist

Honestly, I could see that unit making some noise in the playffs although, we'd still need to add an all star calibur defenseman somehow and I just don't see that being very feasible.

I really don't think the Wings are going to get swept in the first round. They may not be an elite team anymore, but they aren't the Blue Jackets. They could certainly win a series or perhaps even two, but they're not too likely to get past the Blackhawks if they have to play them.

While St. Louis would make a great short-term addition, there's just no way they're bringing him in without trading Tatar or Nyquist and a draft pick. Moreover he's 37 years old, and Yzerman has been adamant about not trading him. So that's not really going to happen anyway

Also I really don't like the idea of putting Brunner on a line with Abdelkader and Helm. Once Helm gets back, that pair basically becomes our grind line, and it would be a waste of Brunner's talent. I think you need to put him on a scoring line, probably back up with Z and Filppula. I'd stick Bert back down to the 4th line. Abby & Helm should be playing with either Cleary, Andersson, Drew Miller, or Patrick Eaves.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Jason Hanson's nephew today in a Wal Mart in Missoula Montana.

It really is a small world.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:

I bet he's like 35

R.I.P. Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

I bet he's like 35

Laughing

If I had to guess I'd say mid twenties.

Team Stylish

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

I bet he's like 35

Laughing

If I had to guess I'd say mid twenties.
Darn.

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsGM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
LionsGM wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

1st Line:
LW - Johan Franzen
C - Pavel Datsyuk
RW - Martin St. Louis

2nd Line:
LW - Todd Bertuzzi
C - Henrik Zetterberg
RW - Valterri Filppula

3rd Line:
LW - Justin Abdelkader
C - Darren Helm
RW - Damien Brunner

4th Line:
LW - Joakim Andersson
C - Gustav Nyquist

I really don't think the Wings are going to get swept in the first round. They may not be an elite team anymore, but they aren't the Blue Jackets. They could certainly win a series or perhaps even two, but they're not too likely to get past the Blackhawks if they have to play them.

While St. Louis would make a great short-term addition, there's just no way they're bringing him in without trading Tatar or Nyquist and a draft pick. Moreover he's 37 years old, and Yzerman has been adamant about not trading him. So that's not really going to happen anyway

Also I really don't like the idea of putting Brunner on a line with Abdelkader and Helm. Once Helm gets back, that pair basically becomes our grind line, and it would be a waste of Brunner's talent. I think you need to put him on a scoring line, probably back up with Z and Filppula. I'd stick Bert back down to the 4th line. Abby & Helm should be playing with either Cleary, Andersson, Drew Miller, or Patrick Eaves.

St. Louis age doesn't bother me. I think he'll be able to produce at a high level for at least the remainder of his contract. Having to send over Nyquist or Tatar plus a first round pick wouldn't stop me from trading for St. Louis, just as long as we extend Datsyuk beyond next season. I really love the idea of having those two together.

I actually liked the idea of having Brunner on a line with Abby and Helm. Justin has proved he can compete with the upper echelon of talent in the NHL and be effective in a variety of roles. Helm can sort of do it all IMO, albeit not great at anything. I think with Abdelkaders prescense around the net, Helm's speed & persistence along Brunner's playmaking ability, it would be a fun line that can check and score. I guess, in the same light that you'd think Brunner would be wasted on a line with Abdelkader and Helm, I think they'd be a waste on a line with Cleary.

I also think Brunner doesn't mind getting down and dirty at times and isn't afraid of being physical. We could also see Brunner jump back on the line with Zetterberg, but I don't like sacrificing Bertuzzi's physical presence on that line with Fil and Z.

Brunner is just not a particularly good passer as he is shooting the puck. He loves to shoot, which I love, but he isn't typically going to set up a guy like Datsyuk or Zetterberg as opposed to just feeding off of them. It's one thing to become better while playing with Datsyuk or Z, but it's another to make eachother better. A guy like St. Louis or at least another consistent Point Per Game type of player does that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:

How does this happen? Do you go around asking if people are Jason Hanson's nephew or does he go around telling people he's Jason Hanson's nephew?
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

How does this happen? Do you go around asking if people are Jason Hanson's nephew or does he go around telling people he's Jason Hanson's nephew?

Saw someone in a Stafford jersey, that's rare around here as there aren't a ton a Lions fans in Montana. Conversation started like this:

Me: Hey, go Lions.
Him: Ha ha, thanks. You really a fan?
Me: Oh yeah, I'm a die hard. I've been a fan ever since Barry dominated the first game I ever watched.
Him: Cool, my uncle actually plays for them.
Me: Who's your uncle?

Conversation only lasted about a minute, but was pretty cool none the less.

Team Stylish

Last edited by Nnivolcm on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

Saw someone in a Stafford jersey, that's rare around here as there aren't a ton a Lions fans in Montana. Conversation started like this:

Me: Oh yeah, I'm a die hard. I've been a fan ever since Barry dominated the first game I ever watched.

Conversation only lasted about a minute, but was pretty cool non the less.
And then you went home together and really hit it off?

R.I.P. Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

Conversation only lasted about a minute, but was pretty cool none the less.
And then you went home together and really hit it off?

I wish!

No, I was running errands on my lunch break and had to get back.

Team Stylish

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel bad for Yu Darvish. Had a perfect game 8 2/3 innings in and some no name guy ruins it. At least he didn't get Galarraga'd.

R.I.P. Stylish
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all aboard the Dolphins bandwagon, who wants to hop on?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 21 of 107

Jump to: