Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Meh I Got Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
16 PPG 9.5 RPG 3.5 APG for a 23 year old PF/C is pretty damn good. He obviously has a number of areas he can improve, but calling him an average or bad player/starter is absurd.

Well clearly we have a mob mentality around here. Since there are several on one side and only me on the other, the mob feels it is OK to overstate, exaggerate, and attack.

I never said he was a horrible player. He could be good in a supporting role. But if you are counting on him to be your superstar, you have issues. And I certainly would not let him be the piece that kept me from trading for Rondo, which was the original point.

Reminds me of when Mike Furrey got 100Rec. Of course he did, someone was going to with all the balls thrown in that offense. Well, on the current Pistons team, who is Monroe fighting with for scoring chances and rebounds?

Monroe's numbers mean nothing. Really nothing and prove nothing. Only that you guys can throw around numbers when they support your case and dismiss them when they don't.

But to sit here and attack is humorous. You have no more support for your theory than I do mine. But in 3 years or so I would say it should be clear who was correct.
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
16 PPG 9.5 RPG 3.5 APG for a 23 year old PF/C is pretty damn good. He obviously has a number of areas he can improve, but calling him an average or bad player/starter is absurd.

Well clearly we have a mob mentality around here. Since there are several on one side and only me on the other, the mob feels it is OK to overstate, exaggerate, and attack.

I never said he was a horrible player. He could be good in a supporting role. But if you are counting on him to be your superstar, you have issues. And I certainly would not let him be the piece that kept me from trading for Rondo, which was the original point.

Reminds me of when Mike Furrey got 100Rec. Of course he did, someone was going to with all the balls thrown in that offense. Well, on the current Pistons team, who is Monroe fighting with for scoring chances and rebounds?

Monroe's numbers mean nothing. Really nothing and prove nothing. Only that you guys can throw around numbers when they support your case and dismiss them when they don't.

But to sit here and attack is humorous. You have no more support for your theory than I do mine. But in 3 years or so I would say it should be clear who was correct.

i agree with phreak here, monroe is good, and i dont see him ever being great, right now hes putting up number cause someone has to. mpeople love to use the "leads the league in double doubles stat" when alot of those are like 14-11 when we lose by 25. If we could trade him and knight and whatever else for a star i would have no hesitation to do it. I personally would like a more athletic 4 anyways

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyquist earns DSBA's rookie award

Quote:
DETROIT – Gustav Nyquist played more than hundred pro games this season, appeared in his second Stanley Cup playoffs and helped the Grand Rapids Griffins win the Calder Cup.

“It was a lot of hockey, but I was fortunate to be healthy all season long,” said Nyquist, in a phone interview with DetroitRedWings.com. “I felt pretty fresh the whole time. Some games, obviously like the end of the season, you do feel like you don’t have the legs, but you just have to keep going. In the playoffs, you’re so excited to play you don’t really think too much if you’re feeling it because your adrenaline is pumping. It’s just fun to be out there.”

Nyquist produced 78 points in 104 total games between Detroit and Grand Rapids, including 22 regular season games, and 14 in the playoffs, for the Red Wings. Also, he was one of just three NHL rookies to score an overtime goal during this spring’s Stanley Cup playoffs, lifting Detroit to a 5-4 win in Game 2 of the opener round at Anaheim.

For his efforts, the 23-year-old Swedish star has been named the 2013 Red Wings’ Rookie of the Year by the Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association. Nyquist is the 44th recipient of the honor that was first awarded to center Max McNab in 1949.

nagahide13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I find my older comments on espn? I swear I used to be able to do it, and now I've gone all brain-wonky.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:

Are you seriously gonna call that an attack? You've got to be kidding me.

You claiming Monroe gets his stats because somebody has to is ridiculous. He's not some chucker shooting a low percentage and high volume. I say once again, if I said you watched 10 Pistons games last year I'd say that was a stretch. Where were you with analysis of his 82 games during the season?

Monroe is well versed in the art of blocking out, so I highly doubt his rebounding numbers will ever decrease no matter who's playing with him. He has excellent touch around the rim, and since he's a pretty good offensive rebounder he should always hoover around a double double in his career. He only needs to develop a short-mid range jumper to place himself among the best at his position in the game today.

Monroe IS already an excellent passer, and that's directed towards whoever sniped at him believing he's the best passer on the team. Fact is, he's one of the top passing big men in the league.

With all that said, his lack of athletic ability will always keep him from becoming a superstar; and his lack of a jump shot will keep him from becoming a legit star (if left undeveloped). I would not trade him for Rondo right now considering he's only three seasons into his career, and Rondo is coming off injury. Monroe has to have this season alongside Dre before anything absolute can be proclaimed about his career going forward.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players the Pistons are rumored to have interest in:

Kevin Martin
Andre Iguodala
J.R. Smith
Josh Smith
Eric Bledsoe

Sounds like Stuckey and Bynum will be sticking around as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Players the Pistons are rumored to have interest in:

Kevin Martin
Andre Iguodala
J.R. Smith
Josh Smith
Eric Bledsoe

Sounds like Stuckey and Bynum will be sticking around as well.
I'll believe that once I see it. If Joe could cut ties with Chauncey, Ben, Rip and Tay, I'm pretty sure after Stuckey's suspension last season Joe will be very open to trading Stuck this offseason.

I'd be fine with keeping Bynum, but playing time will be scarce if we successfully land Bledsoe.
1King

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:

Bold = Something I never did and I never said you said he was horrible, but you and another person or two said he was (I forget exact wording) overrated or the worst starter on the team or something like that which is absolutely untrue.

I agree he isnt a superstar (only a handful of those in the league), but he has the potential to be a very strong contributor for a winning team (which is obviously what we hope to become).

Italic = So stats mean nothing at all? I agree #'s arent everything, but they do mean something and are at least some data to prove/argue a point other than "he;s overrated" based on nothing but opinion (again not just focusing on you but the other person or two who said the same as well).

Again, I never attacked anyone on the Monroe thing and unless I missed it, you have provided no support for your opinion whereas the pro-Monroe side has (though it isn't "bulletproof" [for a lack of a better phrase] reasoning it still is backed up by some factual evidence)

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggin' the 1-2-3 for Rondon.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone following the NHL draft today?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:

Ive read up on it. Supposed to be a couple really good talented kids in it but overall depth is lacking

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Anthony Mantha would be my choice for Redwings in few picks.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Ive read up on it. Supposed to be a couple really good talented kids in it but overall depth is lacking

The Wings pick 18th. They're currently on the 16th overall pick. There is some decent talent on the board.

There are a few decent players that they should be able to grab. I'd be happy if they were able to grab Robert Hagg.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

The Wings pick 18th. They're currently on the 16th overall pick. There is some decent talent on the board.

There are a few decent players that they should be able to grab. I'd be happy if they were able to grab Robert Hagg.

I want Mantha for some reason

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/anthony-mantha/

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wings traded the 18th pick to San Jose for pick #20 and #58.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 105 of 107

Jump to: