Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Meh I Got Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Weird because not many have. Plenty of payrolls higher and plenty not all that far off. We are 70 mil below the Yankees and over 100 mil below the dodgers. And yet we are the best team. Having money, you still have to find the right players. And guys like Fister, Scherzer, Coke, and others that are low budget are why we are able to keep this team. And really, Prince is the only big price free agent. We could have just let Miggy or JV go but that would be ignorant. Then you would complain we don't keep our guys when their contracts are up.

Of course you list Yankees and dodgers who have suffered insane injuries further weakening your stance

Except the contracts they offered were to injury prone players. And we have had injuries to our lead off hitter and number 2 pitcher. Even if you take away their people on DL their payroll is higher than ours. Keep making excuses for everyone but Dombrowski and Leyland.

Arod not injury prone. Granderson wasn't. Grienke wasn't. Hanley was only one really.

You are one distorting reality to try and give them credit for underwhelming results really

Arod was having issues when they gave him extension. Crawford has injuries, Beckett has had injuries, kemp has recently. The same way the Blue Jays blew a bunch on Reyes and Johnson who are injury concerns.

Kemp did not until season started. You are really reaching but whatever.

Glad you all are content with them not winning a WS so far with UNLIMITED funds. Pretty pathetic

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Weird because not many have. Plenty of payrolls higher and plenty not all that far off. We are 70 mil below the Yankees and over 100 mil below the dodgers. And yet we are the best team. Having money, you still have to find the right players. And guys like Fister, Scherzer, Coke, and others that are low budget are why we are able to keep this team. And really, Prince is the only big price free agent. We could have just let Miggy or JV go but that would be ignorant. Then you would complain we don't keep our guys when their contracts are up.

Of course you list Yankees and dodgers who have suffered insane injuries further weakening your stance

Except the contracts they offered were to injury prone players. And we have had injuries to our lead off hitter and number 2 pitcher. Even if you take away their people on DL their payroll is higher than ours. Keep making excuses for everyone but Dombrowski and Leyland.

Arod not injury prone. Granderson wasn't. Grienke wasn't. Hanley was only one really.

You are one distorting reality to try and give them credit for underwhelming results really

Arod was having issues when they gave him extension. Crawford has injuries, Beckett has had injuries, kemp has recently. The same way the Blue Jays blew a bunch on Reyes and Johnson who are injury concerns.

Kemp did not until season started. You are really reaching but whatever.

Glad you all are content with them not winning a WS so far with UNLIMITED funds. Pretty pathetic

They have limited funds. And much less funds than a few other teams. They are not at an out of this world level. They are about 20 mil over the average, which is one player. So our big payroll has allowed us to have Prince, and the rest is average. Prince helps, but it's not some crazy outlandish wild spending spree you make it out to be. I would much rather win, but I realize that it's difficult to win, even with a great team. This isn't little league where one team is stacked and the rest suck, half the teams are stacked if not more at this level. I hope you are content not ever being able to be happy or excited for the teams you root for, since none have won championships I guess you don't see any good in any of the teams over the years.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new found obsession music has been 90's "grunge" (or any 90's rock TBH). But I found a new appreciation of Eddie Vedder's voice. "Black" is simply one of the best songs I have ever heard, ever. A guy I work with told me to listen to Aaron Lewis of Staind's version and it just shows how good Vedder's voice is. Lewis has a good voice but it just isn't comparable to the original version.

Sig bet
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
My new found obsession music has been 90's "grunge" (or any 90's rock TBH). But I found a new appreciation of Eddie Vedder's voice. "Black" is simply one of the best songs I have ever heard, ever. A guy I work with told me to listen to Aaron Lewis of Staind's version and it just shows how good Vedder's voice is. Lewis has a good voice but it just isn't comparable to the original version.

Well, at least you have moved on to a form of music I have a use for Laughing

I like the old Seattle sound, but TBH the actual supporting music was very simple in most cases. While it has appeal, it usually didn't take a rocket surgeon to create it.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Well, at least you have moved on to a form of music I have a use for Laughing

I like the old Seattle sound, but TBH the actual supporting music was very simple in most cases. While it has appeal, it usually didn't take a rocket surgeon to create it.
I have read a lot about Nirvana, PJ etc.. and it funny that at the exact same time Vedder and Cobain came out they were vastly different in their philosophies of music. Vedder was all about lyrics and the poetry of it. Where as Cobain called his own lyrics garbage and often changed them as they recorded them. Black wasn't released as a single despite the demand for it because Vedder said the lyrics had far too much meaning to be covered up by a music video.

I also love me some Gin Blossoms. Very Happy

Sig bet
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Just made the decision to step down as a moderator (my goodbye post is here if you'd like to see it.) I know detfan used to tell me I was hiding behind my badge Wink , so now that I am stepping down (the badge will disappear soon, I promise), and leaving this forum, I wanted to say a few things to you guys before I go.

I have clashed with many of you. I became a mod and things between our fans hit their lowest point. I remember, as I'm sure some of you do, the Thanksgiving day game in 2011. Your moderators were unable to be on during the game, so I came in here to try to keep the peace. That turned out to be impossible. I had many people accuse me of being a troll, an arrogant person, etc. I promise you guys that I never came over here with the intent to troll. I have nothing to gain here by lying, I truly do want to end on a good note with your forum. I was attempting to keep the peace, but you were having none of it (which I understand). I was accused of being a troll this season as well, which again, I assure you was never what I wanted to do here. It would be a slap in the face to Webby to disobey his rules when he trusted me with this responsibility.

You can choose to take me at my word or not, but I thought I would try to smooth things over before I go. I know that tensions will still be high this upcoming season. Both sides are at fault for the problems that we've had, but these are things that can be corrected. You have fantastic moderators in here. I encourage you guys to head over to the GB forum during the offseason. Our TAPT thread is constantly busy, go get to know some of the guys. I promise they're not the awful people you may think they are. Laughing And maybe that will help to relieve the tension during the season.

I know that diehardlionfan gave me some really great relationship and life advice, both in TAST and in private. I still refer to the things he said to me, and he mentioned that our issues were football related, never personal. And I think that's important to remember. We hate each others' favorite team, but we don't have to hate each other. I'm very grateful that DHLF took the time to help me out, and I know a ton of you probably have big hearts just like him. So I hope you can accept this as an apology of sorts for any issues I have ever caused in this forum, and we can end on a good note. Smile
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Hey guys,

Just made the decision to step down as a moderator (my goodbye post is here if you'd like to see it.) I know detfan used to tell me I was hiding behind my badge Wink , so now that I am stepping down (the badge will disappear soon, I promise), and leaving this forum, I wanted to say a few things to you guys before I go.

I have clashed with many of you. I became a mod and things between our fans hit their lowest point. I remember, as I'm sure some of you do, the Thanksgiving day game in 2011. Your moderators were unable to be on during the game, so I came in here to try to keep the peace. That turned out to be impossible. I had many people accuse me of being a troll, an arrogant person, etc. I promise you guys that I never came over here with the intent to troll. I have nothing to gain here by lying, I truly do want to end on a good note with your forum. I was attempting to keep the peace, but you were having none of it (which I understand). I was accused of being a troll this season as well, which again, I assure you was never what I wanted to do here. It would be a slap in the face to Webby to disobey his rules when he trusted me with this responsibility.

You can choose to take me at my word or not, but I thought I would try to smooth things over before I go. I know that tensions will still be high this upcoming season. Both sides are at fault for the problems that we've had, but these are things that can be corrected. You have fantastic moderators in here. I encourage you guys to head over to the GB forum during the offseason. Our TAPT thread is constantly busy, go get to know some of the guys. I promise they're not the awful people you may think they are. Laughing And maybe that will help to relieve the tension during the season.

I know that diehardlionfan gave me some really great relationship and life advice, both in TAST and in private. I still refer to the things he said to me, and he mentioned that our issues were football related, never personal. And I think that's important to remember. We hate each others' favorite team, but we don't have to hate each other. I'm very grateful that DHLF took the time to help me out, and I know a ton of you probably have big hearts just like him. So I hope you can accept this as an apology of sorts for any issues I have ever caused in this forum, and we can end on a good note. Smile

Hey bud,

As I've said before the football arguments are never personal. I'm sure every Lions fan here will appreciate and believe your post.

You've done a good job as a moderator. Having been one I know the difficult situations you can be placed in. Thanks for all your time and effort to the site. Although it doesn't always feel like it your efforts were appreciated.

As for the Packers good luck this season. They're going to need it. Wink

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity party Packer.
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Hey guys,

You gained my respect for your efforts during that game, as you very well know.

I've mulled logging off for good as well, and even spoke with you after attempting to do so once before. Good luck making the attempt, and in any endeavor's you plan outside of FF.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN had a stat that showed Scherzer's fastball is the 2nd fastest on average (in the AL I believe). I didn't realize he was throwing that hard this year. It also said he had the most K's off of the fastball, 2nd most missed swings and the 2nd lowest opponent AVG against his fastball.

Since when did his fastball get this good? I mean, it was good before, but not like top 2 worthy. I really hope we can retain him, because some team will certainly offer him ace-of-the-rotation type money.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
ESPN had a stat that showed Scherzer's fastball is the 2nd fastest on average (in the AL I believe). I didn't realize he was throwing that hard this year. It also said he had the most K's off of the fastball, 2nd most missed swings and the 2nd lowest opponent AVG against his fastball.

Since when did his fastball get this good? I mean, it was good before, but not like top 2 worthy. I really hope we can retain him, because some team will certainly offer him ace-of-the-rotation type money.

There going to find a way to keep him.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I hope so, he is starting to get really really good. If we can retain him, Fister, and Porcello continues this level of play, we should make many WS runs.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Hey guys,

Much respect man and I hope you enjoy your retirement. Wink
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I hope so, he is starting to get really really good. If we can retain him, Fister, and Porcello continues this level of play, we should make many WS runs.

Porcello has had three strong outings and he gets a good test against Baltimore tomorrow night. I think he is going to be a very good pitcher over the long run.

Scherzer has turned into a beast this year.

Fister is still improving and Smyly is good and has a chance to become a very effective starter.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
nagahide13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

He's always been what we're seeing now... He would just start to slip with his mechanics and have really, really poor stretches. His stat lines never really told the story since he was either amazing or terrible... but his issues were always mechanical, and have always been corrected after a short period.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 86 of 107

Jump to: