Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Meh I Got Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 34960
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Why do you guys think high payroll = success?
Good players get money and successful teams have good players.


Johan Santana makes $25.5M this year
Adrian Gonzalez makes $21M this year
Roy Halladay makes $20M this year
Barry Zito makes $20M this year
Ryan Howard makes $20M this year

Just a few examples. There's others like ARod and Mark Teixeira who are making an outrageous amount for their production.

High payroll does not = success. I already pointed out like 3-4 of the teams with the highest payrolls in baseball that are in last place. You have to spend the money on the right players like Miggy, Verlander, Sanchez and you have to surround your core guys with a great supporting cast which Dombrowski has. This whole notion that the only reason he has had success is because of the high payroll is absurd.

He is a wizard when it comes to trades. I mean look at them...

Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, Mike Rabelo, Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahern, and Burke Badenhop for Miggy and DTrain. [Landslide in the Tigers favor.]

Casper Wells, Charlie Furbush, Francisco Martinez, and Chance Ruffin for Doug Fister and David Pauley. [Another huge win for the Tigers.]

Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly, Brian Flynn and 2nd round pick for Anibal Sanchez, Omar Infante and a 1st round pick. [Not as much of a landslide but still a win for the Tigers.]

Giovanni Soto for Jhonny Peralta. [Wow...how did he manage this one? Huge win for the Tigers.]

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but this gives you an idea of how good he is with trades...

I love it when the opposite side unwittingly proves my point Very Happy

And teams with higher payrolls can more easily recover from those bad contracts. If MIA eats a player like Johan Santana, they are devastated until that contract runs out.

NYM can go out and buy his replacement and never worry about it. The dead money means little to them.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 4815
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Why do you guys think high payroll = success?
Good players get money and successful teams have good players.


Johan Santana makes $25.5M this year
Adrian Gonzalez makes $21M this year
Roy Halladay makes $20M this year
Barry Zito makes $20M this year
Ryan Howard makes $20M this year

Just a few examples. There's others like ARod and Mark Teixeira who are making an outrageous amount for their production.

High payroll does not = success. I already pointed out like 3-4 of the teams with the highest payrolls in baseball that are in last place. You have to spend the money on the right players like Miggy, Verlander, Sanchez and you have to surround your core guys with a great supporting cast which Dombrowski has. This whole notion that the only reason he has had success is because of the high payroll is absurd.

He is a wizard when it comes to trades. I mean look at them...

Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, Mike Rabelo, Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahern, and Burke Badenhop for Miggy and DTrain. [Landslide in the Tigers favor.]

Casper Wells, Charlie Furbush, Francisco Martinez, and Chance Ruffin for Doug Fister and David Pauley. [Another huge win for the Tigers.]

Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly, Brian Flynn and 2nd round pick for Anibal Sanchez, Omar Infante and a 1st round pick. [Not as much of a landslide but still a win for the Tigers.]

Giovanni Soto for Jhonny Peralta. [Wow...how did he manage this one? Huge win for the Tigers.]

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but this gives you an idea of how good he is with trades...


Rolling Eyes

He gets these because open wallet! Teams trade guys they can't retain or high contracts. It's not all genius work. It's all about money


Jhonny Peralta and Doug Fister is opening the wallet?

Hmm...I did forget one. How about trading Grandy for Austin Jackson and Max Scherzer? Opening the wallet! Rolling Eyes

You'll say anything to paint Dombrowski in a negative way. Really is hilarious.
_________________

ramster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Why do you guys think high payroll = success?
Good players get money and successful teams have good players.


Johan Santana makes $25.5M this year
Adrian Gonzalez makes $21M this year
Roy Halladay makes $20M this year
Barry Zito makes $20M this year
Ryan Howard makes $20M this year

Just a few examples. There's others like ARod and Mark Teixeira who are making an outrageous amount for their production.

High payroll does not = success. I already pointed out like 3-4 of the teams with the highest payrolls in baseball that are in last place. You have to spend the money on the right players like Miggy, Verlander, Sanchez and you have to surround your core guys with a great supporting cast which Dombrowski has. This whole notion that the only reason he has had success is because of the high payroll is absurd.

He is a wizard when it comes to trades. I mean look at them...

Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, Mike Rabelo, Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahern, and Burke Badenhop for Miggy and DTrain. [Landslide in the Tigers favor.]

Casper Wells, Charlie Furbush, Francisco Martinez, and Chance Ruffin for Doug Fister and David Pauley. [Another huge win for the Tigers.]

Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly, Brian Flynn and 2nd round pick for Anibal Sanchez, Omar Infante and a 1st round pick. [Not as much of a landslide but still a win for the Tigers.]

Giovanni Soto for Jhonny Peralta. [Wow...how did he manage this one? Huge win for the Tigers.]

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but this gives you an idea of how good he is with trades...


Rolling Eyes

He gets these because open wallet! Teams trade guys they can't retain or high contracts. It's not all genius work. It's all about money


Jhonny Peralta and Doug Fister is opening the wallet?

Hmm...I did forget one. How about trading Grandy for Austin Jackson and Max Scherzer? Opening the wallet! Rolling Eyes

You'll say anything to paint Dombrowski in a negative way. Really is hilarious.


What is hilarious is how oblivious people are to reality. Marlins traded Sanchezbecause he was going to be a FA. Det got a deal because if that then they had to open wallet.

The list goes on. Teams are not handing DD great deals because they are dumb. They are unloading money or future FA for Det prospects
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 4815
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Why do you guys think high payroll = success?
Good players get money and successful teams have good players.


Johan Santana makes $25.5M this year
Adrian Gonzalez makes $21M this year
Roy Halladay makes $20M this year
Barry Zito makes $20M this year
Ryan Howard makes $20M this year

Just a few examples. There's others like ARod and Mark Teixeira who are making an outrageous amount for their production.

High payroll does not = success. I already pointed out like 3-4 of the teams with the highest payrolls in baseball that are in last place. You have to spend the money on the right players like Miggy, Verlander, Sanchez and you have to surround your core guys with a great supporting cast which Dombrowski has. This whole notion that the only reason he has had success is because of the high payroll is absurd.

He is a wizard when it comes to trades. I mean look at them...

Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, Mike Rabelo, Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahern, and Burke Badenhop for Miggy and DTrain. [Landslide in the Tigers favor.]

Casper Wells, Charlie Furbush, Francisco Martinez, and Chance Ruffin for Doug Fister and David Pauley. [Another huge win for the Tigers.]

Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly, Brian Flynn and 2nd round pick for Anibal Sanchez, Omar Infante and a 1st round pick. [Not as much of a landslide but still a win for the Tigers.]

Giovanni Soto for Jhonny Peralta. [Wow...how did he manage this one? Huge win for the Tigers.]

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but this gives you an idea of how good he is with trades...


Rolling Eyes

He gets these because open wallet! Teams trade guys they can't retain or high contracts. It's not all genius work. It's all about money


Jhonny Peralta and Doug Fister is opening the wallet?

Hmm...I did forget one. How about trading Grandy for Austin Jackson and Max Scherzer? Opening the wallet! Rolling Eyes

You'll say anything to paint Dombrowski in a negative way. Really is hilarious.


What is hilarious is how oblivious people are to reality. Marlins traded Sanchezbecause he was going to be a FA. Det got a deal because if that then they had to open wallet.

The list goes on. Teams are not handing DD great deals because they are dumb. They are unloading money or future FA for Det prospects


Laughing Whatever you say. This conversation will go no where so I'll just drop it.
_________________

ramster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's really tough to do

"Hey we will give you Turner one if top prospects for Sanchez who is about to be FA"

I'm sure they really had to think hard about that one lol


Great trade for Det because he resigned but far from a brilliant move. Easy choice for Marlins
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19019
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
I'm sure it's really tough to do

"Hey we will give you Turner one if top prospects for Sanchez who is about to be FA"

I'm sure they really had to think hard about that one lol


Great trade for Det because he resigned but far from a brilliant move. Easy choice for Marlins


Fister, Scherzer, and Jckson were not open wallet transactions. We traded Granderson because we were out of control for him and didn't want to pay him. But you ignore that and go to last years deal. And Turner was obviously far from top prospect when we saw him at the major league level, hence our interest in moving him while the value was still there. Having an open wallet helps, but you still have to find the cheap guys to compliment others and sign the right big dollar guys. Plenty of teams are showing how to do it wrong.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
I'm sure it's really tough to do

"Hey we will give you Turner one if top prospects for Sanchez who is about to be FA"

I'm sure they really had to think hard about that one lol


Great trade for Det because he resigned but far from a brilliant move. Easy choice for Marlins


Fister, Scherzer, and Jckson were not open wallet transactions. We traded Granderson because we were out of control for him and didn't want to pay him. But you ignore that and go to last years deal. And Turner was obviously far from top prospect when we saw him at the major league level, hence our interest in moving him while the value was still there. Having an open wallet helps, but you still have to find the cheap guys to compliment others and sign the right big dollar guys. Plenty of teams are showing how to do it wrong.


Plenty other low budget teams winning too becausethey have better manager.
Leyland easily aided by having great roster.

There is a reason he was being mocked on Mlbn couple nights ago
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 4815
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Valverde = Easy 9th inning. Who would have thought? Laughing
_________________

ramster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25151
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Dave Dombrowski and the myth that he is a good GM: The good years.

1997: Florida Marlins: 7th payroll

2006: Detroit Tigers: (95-67) 2nd AL Central/ WS Loss

14th in Payroll. Rode the back of JV rookie year and an amazing year from Kenny Rogers. 40 games above .500 and nearly had worst collapse in sports history. This roster really overachieved. Minny won division with the 19th payroll.

2007: Detroit Tigers: (88-74) 2nd AL Central

9th in payroll. Cleveland won division with 23rd payroll.

2009: Detroit Tigers: (86-77) 2nd AL Central

5th in payroll. Minny won division with 24th payroll

2011: Detroit Tigers: (95-67) 1st AL Central/ Loss ALCS

10th in payroll.

2012: Detroit Tigers: (84-74) 1st AL Central/ Loss World Series

5th in payroll



The myth he can build farm system

2013 rank: 27th
2012 rank: 23rd
2011 rank: 25th
2010 rank: 27th
2009 rank: 28th
2008 rank: couldnt find
2007 rank: 14th-- Maybin
2006 rank: 13th-- Verlander, Zumaya

A look at DD first round picks:

2002: Scott Moore. Career 9 HR and 26 rbi
2003: Kyle Sleeth. Retired
2004: Verlander: Drafted by Tigers 2nd overall and no-brainer pick really.
2005: Maybin: 3rd best player in draft and fell to 10 another no brainer. Cabrera here and steal of a deal
2006: Andrew Miller
2007: Porcello...eh
2008: Ryan Perry
2009: Jacob Turner. Got Annibal Sanchez/Infante. Solid deal for a guy yet to pan out.
2010: Castellanos. Slipped to pick 44 because of signing issues. Looks solid.
2010: Ruffin. Traded for Fister.


So out of his 1st round selections he has netted Verlander, Cabrera via Trade, Sanchez, Infante, Castellanos and Fister. 6 players of 10 is actually not bad. His first round has been solid.

It is everything beyond that they have failed to do anything.

2002: Granderson....3rd round. Actually decent
2003: Horrible draft 1-50
2004: Horrible draft after JV
2005: Horrible draft after Maybin
2006: Horrible draft
2007: Porcello so so and rest sucked
2008: Dirks in 8th round best pick and he isnt special
2009: After Turner draft sucked
2010: Verdict still out but Castellanos and Smyly look solid
2011: Entire draft seems like a miss but still young
2012: Looks like another wasted draft but still young
2013: too early


So essentially they are unable to draft well at all besides a couple no brainers. The ones they missed on they suckered other teams into trading solid players for.

He has not won without having a significant payroll period. Even the Florida one was one of their higher franchise payrolls.

http://mlb.si.com/2012/11/14/miami-marlins-trade-reyes-johnson-buehrle/

Marlins jumped payroll 58% to #7 overall payroll in their 1997 run.


So tell me again why does DD get a free pass? Because Illitch lets him spend whatever he wants?


Why do you overlook his years in Montreal?

Why do you overlook 2003 when the 20th payroll in MLB won a World Series?

The championship was won with a nucleus of young players acquired by DD.

If Dave Dombrowski were let go by the Tigers he would immediately be hired. There's a reason the man has always been in demand and I think you overlook ownership involvement in the franchises where he has been GM.

He has been successful with low and high budget teams.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/det/team/team_frontoffice_bio.jsp?loc=david_dombrowski


1 low budget success in 31 years is eh


You just refuse to give the man any credit.

He has been constantly employed since he was hired to head up the Expos player development. His success is about much more than simply signing or acquiring big budget players.

You don't remain at the top of your profession for as long as he has by not being one of the best in the game.

You are simply looking for excuses to discredit the results he's brought to the Tigers using payroll as an example, yet he's been one of the few guys who has even been successful with high payroll teams.

He set the Expos up for years with the player scouting and development system he put in place.

He replicated that success in Florida. One championship was won through acquisition of the right high priced help at the right time another through the development of young cheap players he acquired prior to leaving the organization.

I just don't see how anyone could claim he isn't an excellent baseball executive. All these owners and he's worked for many of them are wrong. Other executives are wrong, the baseball writers are wrong.

Most importantly it implies that Mr. Ilitch is wrong which when you consider his many successes both in business and sports his one heck of a view point. His strength in his sports achievements has been to implement systems and hire highly competent people to run the organizations.

So basically you're questioning Mr. Ilitch's judgement. I couldn't disagree more.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Dave Dombrowski and the myth that he is a good GM: The good years.

1997: Florida Marlins: 7th payroll

2006: Detroit Tigers: (95-67) 2nd AL Central/ WS Loss

14th in Payroll. Rode the back of JV rookie year and an amazing year from Kenny Rogers. 40 games above .500 and nearly had worst collapse in sports history. This roster really overachieved. Minny won division with the 19th payroll.

2007: Detroit Tigers: (88-74) 2nd AL Central

9th in payroll. Cleveland won division with 23rd payroll.

2009: Detroit Tigers: (86-77) 2nd AL Central

5th in payroll. Minny won division with 24th payroll

2011: Detroit Tigers: (95-67) 1st AL Central/ Loss ALCS

10th in payroll.

2012: Detroit Tigers: (84-74) 1st AL Central/ Loss World Series

5th in payroll



The myth he can build farm system

2013 rank: 27th
2012 rank: 23rd
2011 rank: 25th
2010 rank: 27th
2009 rank: 28th
2008 rank: couldnt find
2007 rank: 14th-- Maybin
2006 rank: 13th-- Verlander, Zumaya

A look at DD first round picks:

2002: Scott Moore. Career 9 HR and 26 rbi
2003: Kyle Sleeth. Retired
2004: Verlander: Drafted by Tigers 2nd overall and no-brainer pick really.
2005: Maybin: 3rd best player in draft and fell to 10 another no brainer. Cabrera here and steal of a deal
2006: Andrew Miller
2007: Porcello...eh
2008: Ryan Perry
2009: Jacob Turner. Got Annibal Sanchez/Infante. Solid deal for a guy yet to pan out.
2010: Castellanos. Slipped to pick 44 because of signing issues. Looks solid.
2010: Ruffin. Traded for Fister.


So out of his 1st round selections he has netted Verlander, Cabrera via Trade, Sanchez, Infante, Castellanos and Fister. 6 players of 10 is actually not bad. His first round has been solid.

It is everything beyond that they have failed to do anything.

2002: Granderson....3rd round. Actually decent
2003: Horrible draft 1-50
2004: Horrible draft after JV
2005: Horrible draft after Maybin
2006: Horrible draft
2007: Porcello so so and rest sucked
2008: Dirks in 8th round best pick and he isnt special
2009: After Turner draft sucked
2010: Verdict still out but Castellanos and Smyly look solid
2011: Entire draft seems like a miss but still young
2012: Looks like another wasted draft but still young
2013: too early


So essentially they are unable to draft well at all besides a couple no brainers. The ones they missed on they suckered other teams into trading solid players for.

He has not won without having a significant payroll period. Even the Florida one was one of their higher franchise payrolls.

http://mlb.si.com/2012/11/14/miami-marlins-trade-reyes-johnson-buehrle/

Marlins jumped payroll 58% to #7 overall payroll in their 1997 run.


So tell me again why does DD get a free pass? Because Illitch lets him spend whatever he wants?


Why do you overlook his years in Montreal?

Why do you overlook 2003 when the 20th payroll in MLB won a World Series?

The championship was won with a nucleus of young players acquired by DD.

If Dave Dombrowski were let go by the Tigers he would immediately be hired. There's a reason the man has always been in demand and I think you overlook ownership involvement in the franchises where he has been GM.

He has been successful with low and high budget teams.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/det/team/team_frontoffice_bio.jsp?loc=david_dombrowski


1 low budget success in 31 years is eh


You just refuse to give the man any credit.

He has been constantly employed since he was hired to head up the Expos player development. His success is about much more than simply signing or acquiring big budget players.

You don't remain at the top of your profession for as long as he has by not being one of the best in the game.

You are simply looking for excuses to discredit the results he's brought to the Tigers using payroll as an example, yet he's been one of the few guys who has even been successful with high payroll teams.

He set the Expos up for years with the player scouting and development system he put in place.

He replicated that success in Florida. One championship was won through acquisition of the right high priced help at the right time another through the development of young cheap players he acquired prior to leaving the organization.

I just don't see how anyone could claim he isn't an excellent baseball executive. All these owners and he's worked for many of them are wrong. Other executives are wrong, the baseball writers are wrong.

Most importantly it implies that Mr. Ilitch is wrong which when you consider his many successes both in business and sports his one heck of a view point. His strength in his sports achievements has been to implement systems and hire highly competent people to run the organizations.

So basically you're questioning Mr. Ilitch's judgement. I couldn't disagree more.


It is no coincidence Detroit started winning when Illitch changed his financial focus to the Tigers.

Sorry but I am not impressed. Most GMs in this league would win more with this payroll
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19019
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird because not many have. Plenty of payrolls higher and plenty not all that far off. We are 70 mil below the Yankees and over 100 mil below the dodgers. And yet we are the best team. Having money, you still have to find the right players. And guys like Fister, Scherzer, Coke, and others that are low budget are why we are able to keep this team. And really, Prince is the only big price free agent. We could have just let Miggy or JV go but that would be ignorant. Then you would complain we don't keep our guys when their contracts are up.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Weird because not many have. Plenty of payrolls higher and plenty not all that far off. We are 70 mil below the Yankees and over 100 mil below the dodgers. And yet we are the best team. Having money, you still have to find the right players. And guys like Fister, Scherzer, Coke, and others that are low budget are why we are able to keep this team. And really, Prince is the only big price free agent. We could have just let Miggy or JV go but that would be ignorant. Then you would complain we don't keep our guys when their contracts are up.


Of course you list Yankees and dodgers who have suffered insane injuries further weakening your stance
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19019
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Weird because not many have. Plenty of payrolls higher and plenty not all that far off. We are 70 mil below the Yankees and over 100 mil below the dodgers. And yet we are the best team. Having money, you still have to find the right players. And guys like Fister, Scherzer, Coke, and others that are low budget are why we are able to keep this team. And really, Prince is the only big price free agent. We could have just let Miggy or JV go but that would be ignorant. Then you would complain we don't keep our guys when their contracts are up.


Of course you list Yankees and dodgers who have suffered insane injuries further weakening your stance


Except the contracts they offered were to injury prone players. And we have had injuries to our lead off hitter and number 2 pitcher. Even if you take away their people on DL their payroll is higher than ours. Keep making excuses for everyone but Dombrowski and Leyland.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Weird because not many have. Plenty of payrolls higher and plenty not all that far off. We are 70 mil below the Yankees and over 100 mil below the dodgers. And yet we are the best team. Having money, you still have to find the right players. And guys like Fister, Scherzer, Coke, and others that are low budget are why we are able to keep this team. And really, Prince is the only big price free agent. We could have just let Miggy or JV go but that would be ignorant. Then you would complain we don't keep our guys when their contracts are up.


Of course you list Yankees and dodgers who have suffered insane injuries further weakening your stance


Except the contracts they offered were to injury prone players. And we have had injuries to our lead off hitter and number 2 pitcher. Even if you take away their people on DL their payroll is higher than ours. Keep making excuses for everyone but Dombrowski and Leyland.


Arod not injury prone. Granderson wasn't. Grienke wasn't. Hanley was only one really.

You are one distorting reality to try and give them credit for underwhelming results really
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19019
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Weird because not many have. Plenty of payrolls higher and plenty not all that far off. We are 70 mil below the Yankees and over 100 mil below the dodgers. And yet we are the best team. Having money, you still have to find the right players. And guys like Fister, Scherzer, Coke, and others that are low budget are why we are able to keep this team. And really, Prince is the only big price free agent. We could have just let Miggy or JV go but that would be ignorant. Then you would complain we don't keep our guys when their contracts are up.


Of course you list Yankees and dodgers who have suffered insane injuries further weakening your stance


Except the contracts they offered were to injury prone players. And we have had injuries to our lead off hitter and number 2 pitcher. Even if you take away their people on DL their payroll is higher than ours. Keep making excuses for everyone but Dombrowski and Leyland.


Arod not injury prone. Granderson wasn't. Grienke wasn't. Hanley was only one really.

You are one distorting reality to try and give them credit for underwhelming results really


Arod was having issues when they gave him extension. Crawford has injuries, Beckett has had injuries, kemp has recently. The same way the Blue Jays blew a bunch on Reyes and Johnson who are injury concerns.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 85 of 107

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group