Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects Thread VII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/going-on-the-offensive/
Quote:
Star Lotulelei update. Reuben Frank reports that Star will be at the NovaCare in the next few days. Iím betting this is legit interest and not a smokescreen.
Quote:
Gil Brandt reported that Star is not going back to Indy for a Combine medical re-check. This is big news. The NFL brings back any player that they have questions about. If Star isnít going back, that tells you that NFL teams donít have any further concerns with his heart or they are okay with the condition and think it can be managed.

baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly would prefer Ziggy over Star at #4.

And if we did trade down, I would want Xavier Rhodes or maybe Sheldon Richardson. Either would be a great pick in the 10-14 range. Rhodes is gonna be a beast.

Kind of liking Quinton Dial out of Bama as a big time sleeper in this class. Could be had in the 6th or so, maybe even later. I kind of want us to draft a NT in the later rounds to try and develop while Sop starts for the next couple years. Brandon Williams would be great, but he is gonna be a low 2nd round-high 3rd round guy and we need to take CB, OL, DE, and S before we even touch a NT.

Wouldn't mind something like this...(this isn't my real mock mock for the contest, just a quick rough draft)

Round 1: Ziggy Ansah DE BYU

35th pick and Vinny Curry is traded to Miami for the 42nd and 54th picks.

Round 2: Darius Slay CB Mississippi State

Round 2: Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Round 3: Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon

Round 4: Shawn Williams S Georgia

Round 5: Joseph Fauria TE UCLA

*Our first two 7 round picks are traded to Chicago for their 6th round pick

Round 6: Omoregie Uzzi G Georgia Tech

Round 7: Quinton Dial DT Alabama

Round 7:

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Latavius Murray, RB, UCF
6'2 5/8" 223
4.40/4.38 40 yard dash
10'4" Broad Jump, 36" vert
4.36 Short Shuttle, 6.81 3-cone
22 reps

Pretty impressive numbers

I'm thinking that he should be switched to defense. You'll never get full value out of him on offense because running backs are so plentiful. Put some weight on him and send him after the QB.

I'd put him at safety. Was he hurt? Red flags? He might be one of those guys who work on his combine numbers more than his football ability.

Take a look at his college production, numbers and highlights...

I'm guessing you're telling me he has none of which you speak.

His senior season was pretty good. Over 1000 yards and 5 ypc. Also catches the ball out of the backfield pretty well and supposedly blocks pretty well for a rb.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some significant thought, I'm less high on Star at 4 than I was previously. Not because I don't think he's a good prospect, but because I think you can get the same versatility with almost as much talent in the second round. One of Hankins, Short, or Sylvester Williams will be there. All of them are late or borderline first round talents. All of them can play the 5 or the 1/0.

If they want a guy to specifically play NT, there are a bunch of guys who will also be around in the 2nd/3rd. Jessie Wiliams, John Jenkins, Brandon Williams, and Montori Hughes could all fit at that spot and one (or more) will be available at various of the Eagles' picks.

Frankly, I would not be interested in spending a first round pick on Floyd or Richardson simply because Fletcher Cox. Both of those guys are 3 techs and, while you could (hypothetically) move Cox to the 5, Fletcher's best spot is also probably the 3 tech. If you want someone to rotate in, take a guy later. Plus you have guys like Thornton already on the roster.

If they want a more JJ Watt style, pass rushing 5 tech that can move around the formation, Ansah is an intriguing prospect. The problem with him is that he's only got something like 2 years of football and he's already 24. He has also been quoted as being concerned about contact because his body is a "delicate flower". He is also extremely raw. Though, in his defense, he has been a bit of a sponge as far as learning the game. His length and athleticism also put him squarely in the "planet theory" camp.

One more thing that speaks in Ansah's favor is that guys that can play that role are few and far between in this draft. Datone Jones is not a top 10 pick, but likely won't make it out of the first round. Tank Carradine has the size and athleticism to translate to the spot, but his value is in question due to injury and that may not be the best use of his talents. You have guys like Joe Kruger or Lavar Edwards that should be available later, but how much impact they could have is questionable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
After some significant thought, I'm less high on Star at 4 than I was previously. Not because I don't think he's a good prospect, but because I think you can get the same versatility with almost as much talent in the second round. One of Hankins, Short, or Sylvester Williams will be there. All of them are late or borderline first round talents. All of them can play the 5 or the 1/0.

If they want a guy to specifically play NT, there are a bunch of guys who will also be around in the 2nd/3rd. Jessie Wiliams, John Jenkins, Brandon Williams, and Montori Hughes could all fit at that spot and one (or more) will be available at various of the Eagles' picks.

Frankly, I would not be interested in spending a first round pick on Floyd or Richardson simply because Fletcher Cox. Both of those guys are 3 techs and, while you could (hypothetically) move Cox to the 5, Fletcher's best spot is also probably the 3 tech. If you want someone to rotate in, take a guy later. Plus you have guys like Thornton already on the roster.

If they want a more JJ Watt style, pass rushing 5 tech that can move around the formation, Ansah is an intriguing prospect. The problem with him is that he's only got something like 2 years of football and he's already 24. He has also been quoted as being concerned about contact because his body is a "delicate flower". He is also extremely raw. Though, in his defense, he has been a bit of a sponge as far as learning the game. His length and athleticism also put him squarely in the "planet theory" camp.

One more thing that speaks in Ansah's favor is that guys that can play that role are few and far between in this draft. Datone Jones is not a top 10 pick, but likely won't make it out of the first round. Tank Carradine has the size and athleticism to translate to the spot, but his value is in question due to injury and that may not be the best use of his talents. You have guys like Joe Kruger or Lavar Edwards that should be available later, but how much impact they could have is questionable.

If he's genuinely serious about that he's probably entering the draft for a paycheck and doesn't plan on making an impact in this game.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt that Ansah said that. and if he did it was probably out of context and he was joking. I really cannot see somebody seriously saying that.

killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
I seriously doubt that Ansah said that. and if he did it was probably out of context and he was joking. I really cannot see somebody seriously saying that.

Quote:
The then-sophomore conceded to being worried of how much contact occurred in a football game and noted he always considered his body "a delicate flower."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ziggy-ansah?id=2539931

Take it however you want.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said it when he was a sophomore. From watching him play this year and his performance in the senior bowl, I don't see it as an issuee. I really want him now. We need a game changer on defense and he could be one. I don't wanna go with the "safe" pick in Star or Joeckel.....teams don't normally get a stud in the draft by going with the safe pick over the player with more potential who is a little more likely to bust.

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ide like that delicate flower on top of me...

Hahha but for real, either hes funny as helll or a whack job... delicate flower hahaha... im gunna bet that was taken way out of context.. every game I saw of him, he was the opposite of delicate.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A delicate flower? That's a bit strange.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closer we get to the draft the more I hope we take Lane Johnson.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
A delicate flower? That's a bit strange.

Stealing Casey Matthews Delicate Flower Swag..

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

My dad said hes leaning this way to, considering the value of the top 10 and taking in long term potentials its a pretty legit way to lean bruuuhh...

baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

My dad said hes leaning this way to, considering the value of the top 10 and taking in long term potentials its a pretty legit way to lean bruuuhh...

I wouldn't at all hate Lane Johnson at #4. I think he's worth it. I'd prefer if we traded down to like 7 or 8 and took him there, but not really too optimistic that we can find a trade partner there.

My first choice is still Ziggy. Geno is my second. If we don't take either, not sure at all who I want at 4. Guess either Johnson or Fisher. Don't really want Star as much as some others on here. There is better depth in the 2nd or 3rd where we can get good value. However, it is going to be hard to find a 5-tech with Ziggy's potential in any draft period, let alone another round. I think he's that special. Dude's a manimal. Completely tore up Fisher (I believe?) at the Senior Bowl. May have been a different o-lineman though. And with the way our FO has been building the defense so far in FA, I could easily see Ziggy being our guy. I am really confident in this draft this year,moreso than any other, that we will get the right guys. Howie and Gamble will know what they're doing. [/b]

killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I wrote all that and all you guys see is "delicate flower"? Makes me wonder what kind of forum I'm posting on... Noone is going to tell me my DL draft analysis is bogus? Explain to me why their opinion is better? Give me some cockneyed one line response in "interwebz speak"? Or, the most horrific of all, actually agree with me? WTF? Kids these days...
Razz

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 72 of 99

Jump to: