Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons re-sign TE Tony Gonzalez to a 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 18202
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
THE POINT IS, thank you for the up to the second information, but if it's not 100% accurate.... it's not fact like you put out there.


Ok... and my point is, blame the source, aka Howard Blazer in this particular case, not me.... it isn't my information that is not 100% accurate, it's his, it's not me saying it is a fact, it's him..

This is no different from NFL.com, Pro Football Talk, any other website who uses reporters sources when they post news, if something turns out wrong, it was based on a source, and that source should be blamed.


No, you provided the source. Dont post it and we wouldnt have this issue. You seem to be so concerned to out whatever information you can find asap, you dont care if its right or not.

Hint, if major publications arent reporting that Gonzalez retired, he probably didnt.

He's just telling us that its been reported... I don't see what the big deal is...
I would definitely rather have Billy telling us what is being reported than no one doing so.


agreed. some people are whining just to try and make waves, like they always try to do.
_________________

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5604
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
THE POINT IS, thank you for the up to the second information, but if it's not 100% accurate.... it's not fact like you put out there.


Ok... and my point is, blame the source, aka Howard Blazer in this particular case, not me.... it isn't my information that is not 100% accurate, it's his, it's not me saying it is a fact, it's him..

This is no different from NFL.com, Pro Football Talk, any other website who uses reporters sources when they post news, if something turns out wrong, it was based on a source, and that source should be blamed.


No, you provided the source. Dont post it and we wouldnt have this issue. You seem to be so concerned to out whatever information you can find asap, you dont care if its right or not.

Hint, if major publications arent reporting that Gonzalez retired, he probably didnt.

He's just telling us that its been reported... I don't see what the big deal is...
I would definitely rather have Billy telling us what is being reported than no one doing so.


Id personally rather be told the correct information. In addition, the whole its not my fault if what i pass along is wrong is kinda annoying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38505
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
THE POINT IS, thank you for the up to the second information, but if it's not 100% accurate.... it's not fact like you put out there.


Ok... and my point is, blame the source, aka Howard Blazer in this particular case, not me.... it isn't my information that is not 100% accurate, it's his, it's not me saying it is a fact, it's him..

This is no different from NFL.com, Pro Football Talk, any other website who uses reporters sources when they post news, if something turns out wrong, it was based on a source, and that source should be blamed.


No, you provided the source. Dont post it and we wouldnt have this issue. You seem to be so concerned to out whatever information you can find asap, you dont care if its right or not.

Hint, if major publications arent reporting that Gonzalez retired, he probably didnt.


I "provided" the source? i just showed you 3 different sources saying Gonzalez retired including NY Times [aka a major publication] and NFL.com [NFL_ATL on twitter], and of course I'll post anything they report.

Mistakes happen, they were wrong, i cannot know at the time that they are wrong in their report so there for i am not wrong for posting them at all, you are wrong in your way of thinking though.

Quote:
In addition, the whole its not my fault if what i pass along is wrong is kinda annoying.


Are you saying that only a real actual reporter who does fact checking on stories of sites such as NY York Times and NFL.com should post on a NFL fans football forums? because it's how it sounds like.

If you somehow think that I'm supposed to fact check if a report is wrong or not [somehow] before i post it, you are out of your mind, this is a forum, not a professional magazine.

P.S.
In additional although this is off-topic, Webby said it is ok to post rumors as news threads.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5604
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
THE POINT IS, thank you for the up to the second information, but if it's not 100% accurate.... it's not fact like you put out there.


Ok... and my point is, blame the source, aka Howard Blazer in this particular case, not me.... it isn't my information that is not 100% accurate, it's his, it's not me saying it is a fact, it's him..

This is no different from NFL.com, Pro Football Talk, any other website who uses reporters sources when they post news, if something turns out wrong, it was based on a source, and that source should be blamed.


No, you provided the source. Dont post it and we wouldnt have this issue. You seem to be so concerned to out whatever information you can find asap, you dont care if its right or not.

Hint, if major publications arent reporting that Gonzalez retired, he probably didnt.


I "provided" the source? i just showed you 3 different sources saying Gonzalez retired including NY Times [aka a major publication] and NFL.com [NFL_ATL on twitter], and of course I'll post anything they report.

Mistakes happen, they were wrong, i cannot know at the time that they are wrong in their report so there for i am not wrong for posting them at all, you are wrong in your way of thinking though.

Quote:
In addition, the whole its not my fault if what i pass along is wrong is kinda annoying.


Are you saying that only a real actual reporter who does fact checking on stories of sites such as NY York Times and NFL.com should post on a NFL fans football forums? because it's how it sounds like.

If you somehow think that I'm supposed to fact check if a report is wrong or not [somehow] before i post it, you are out of your mind, this is a forum, not a professional magazine.

P.S.
In additional although this is off-topic, Webby said it is ok to post rumors as news threads.


1. You showed me two sources
2. 1 "source" wasnt even of his retirement, in fact it says he never retired
3. Neither of the two sites you listed above are what you provided as sources

Its gone from others reported it first, to gonzalez said it himself,back to others reported it, to "this is off topic" but webby said its ok to post rumors. Which is it exactly?

And you can post whatever you want, but when you rush and provide an obscure source, its on you when its wrong. At least in my opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38505
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the links i gave you said the same thing, that he retired or the NY York Times one said he came out of retirement which mean at the time they reported that he did.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tony-gonzalez-giving-retirement-talk-article-1.1286246

Quote:
Tony Gonzalez ends his retirement before it starts - Back in January, after the Falcons fell to the 49ers in the NFC title game, all signs pointed to the 37-year-old tight end retiring after a likely Hall of Fame career. He talked of having had "an unbelievable ride" and "a great career," and seemed ready to ride off into the sunset.


https://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/status/293146212561997824

Or the NFL_ATL link from the actual thread.

What i said about posting rumors is allowed, wasn't intended for this case it was intended for you to understand that if there is a news thread posted that you personally don't feel has a legit source as it's base, that it's ok/allowed because you can consider it as a rumor if you got a problem with it.

So bottom line, if a report is false, you need to address it with them, i cannot possibly know that if it's false or not at the time that i post it.

As i said "If you somehow think that I'm supposed to fact check if a report is wrong or not [somehow] before i post it, you are out of your mind, this is a forum, not a professional magazine.".
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5604
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
All the links i gave you said the same thing, that he retired or the NY York Times one said he came out of retirement which mean at the time they reported that he did.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tony-gonzalez-giving-retirement-talk-article-1.1286246

Quote:
Tony Gonzalez ends his retirement before it starts - Back in January, after the Falcons fell to the 49ers in the NFC title game, all signs pointed to the 37-year-old tight end retiring after a likely Hall of Fame career. He talked of having had "an unbelievable ride" and "a great career," and seemed ready to ride off into the sunset.


https://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/status/293146212561997824

Or the NFL_ATL link from the actual thread.

What i said about posting rumors is allowed, wasn't intended for this case it was intended for you to understand that if there is a news thread posted that you personally don't feel has a legit source as it's base, that it's ok/allowed because you can consider it as a rumor if you got a problem with it.

So bottom line, if a report is false, you need to address it with them, i cannot possibly know that if it's false or not at the time that i post it.

As i said "If you somehow think that I'm supposed to fact check if a report is wrong or not [somehow] before i post it, you are out of your mind, this is a forum, not a professional magazine.".


no where did the ny daily news, say he retired, its just plain false. no where did the nfl say he retired. some guy that covers the nfl for a somewhat small company said he did. If you cant realize something like that would have been bigger news, well then... I dont know.

Anyway, this turned into a bigger deal than it is and needed to be. Gonzalez never retired and its good that hes back. End of subject hopefully.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38505
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a dozens of reports saying Tony Gonzalez retired and left a 3% chance of returning, that he is 97% retired until just now when he changed his mind.

The thread was fine, if you want links to all of them, i can show you.

And like i said, if a report is false, blame the report, blame the source, no one else.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29478
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are people really attacking Billy Spikes?

Get the hell over yourselves. Dude just passes along information here. He's just the great compiler here.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9434
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Are people really attacking Billy Spikes?

Get the hell over yourselves. Dude just passes along information here. He's just the great compiler here.


Agreed as usual GSU is wrong and attacking people for no reason again. But by god he is ours, we love him, and we gotta have him and all his faults XD He just wouldn't be the same without them Wink

Billy great work keep up the good job bro don't worry about what others say just keep passing along the info when ya can get it most of us appreciate it.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JonnyQuest


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 1687
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? Is this really that big of a deal...
_________________

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9434
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Who cares? Is this really that big of a deal...


Shouldn't be but this is the Falcons board when we do it good or bad we do it big and make a scene. If your gonna do it see it all the way through Very Happy

I Love The Falcons Forum Section.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 8577
Location: U of O
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Who cares? Is this really that big of a deal...
Love the sig, man.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JonnyQuest


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 1687
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Who cares? Is this really that big of a deal...
Love the sig, man.


Thanks! All props go to Jgold.
_________________

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29478
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
swoosh wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Who cares? Is this really that big of a deal...
Love the sig, man.


Thanks! All props go to Jgold.
that is a pretty sick sig.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chipperboy1


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 15277
Location: 755 Hank Aaron Drive
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. Can we please stop attacking people here? This is happening left and right. I come back from a power outage to see all this?
_________________
"John Wayne and Rio Lobo are coming up next, just as soon as Jeffrey Leonard hits into a 6-4-3." (CRACK!) "Six...four...three!" -- Skip Caray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group