Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants sign S Ryan Mundy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Giants sign S Ryan Mundy Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/312314475116118016

Quote:
Giants announce S Ryan Mundy has indeed signed

Will probably play the S/LB hybrid role
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will hill should play over him
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:

Probably be a training camp battle to monitor.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:

Probably be a training camp battle to monitor.

Agreed. Just think will hill as more untapped potential. He was hard hitter last year and always seemed to make a play when given a chance.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recruited to Michigan by Linebackers Coach Jim Hermann. Tremendous Special Teams player. Underutilized in Pittsburgh. Watch the WC matchup against Tebow in 2011, guy shows natural instincts against Read Option nonsense.

2012:
Had best performance against Washington the week prior to the Steelers matchup w/ the Giants. Also had a strong game vs. Philadelphia. It was simply a matter of playing time, Steelers fans will begrudgingly admit Polamalu is slowing down & the backend is better with Mundy over Will Allen.

Great size, will CAUSE TURNOVERS, and compete to start at SS. This move indicates to me Antrel Rolle will utlimately be a June 1st Cut. The combination of Terrell Thomas, Stevie Brown, Will Hill & Mundy is more than enough at Safety. Rolle's saving applied to a Corner.

Watched
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Recruited to Michigan by Linebackers Coach Jim Hermann. Tremendous Special Teams player. Underutilized in Pittsburgh. Watch the WC matchup against Tebow in 2011, guy shows natural instincts against Read Option nonsense.

2012:
Had best performance against Washington the week prior to the Steelers matchup w/ the Giants. Also had a strong game vs. Philadelphia. It was simply a matter of playing time, Steelers fans will begrudgingly admit Polamalu is slowing down & the backend is better with Mundy over Will Allen.

Great size, will CAUSE TURNOVERS, and compete to start at SS. This move indicates to me Antrel Rolle will utlimately be a June 1st Cut. The combination of Terrell Thomas, Stevie Brown, Will Hill & Mundy is more than enough at Safety. Rolle's saving applied to a Corner.

Watched

The rolle being cut is a huge stretch bro. if that was the case they would do it now to sign cruz or other FAs.
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot trust T2 will be healthy
We cannot trust Hill will continue his 2011 form

We are not cutting Rolle
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

2012:

Watched

The rolle being cut is a huge stretch bro. if that was the case they would do it now to sign cruz or other FAs.

Yea I agree with Matt, no way they cut rolle now that hes guaranteed so much money due to constant restructuring. We'd actually lose money by cutting Rolle so no it's not gonna happen. And no he can't cause any turnovers in the air, the guys a liability in pass coverage according to all metrics and from former steelers fans. Honestly hes more camp fodder is anything at all.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

2012:

Watched

Yea I agree with Matt, no way they cut rolle now that hes guaranteed so much money due to constant restructuring. We'd actually lose money by cutting Rolle so no it's not gonna happen. And no he can't cause any turnovers in the air, the guys a liability in pass coverage according to all metrics and from former steelers fans. Honestly hes more camp fodder is anything at all.

Will Hill I'm praying excels this year. I watched him play in HS and he was a beast. I know this is the NFL, but he has a lot of potential now that he got his life straight. On a funny note seems like Manningham is having a ball in San Fran. His pay just got cut to 1.8 million.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:

We are not cutting Rolle

Agree. Rolle was very good last year, plus he was restructured, which would mean that the cut cap hit would be too high to make any sense.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolle could be back in the fold even with depth at the position. Will Hill is arguably a better Nickel Corner at this point than Jayron Hosley. Might be listed at Safety, but really has the talent to be an excellent corner..
Tehzl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:

We are not cutting Rolle

That is the same thing I said, but about Bradshaw, Laughing
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Rolle could be back in the fold even with depth at the position. Will Hill is arguably a better Nickel Corner at this point than Jayron Hosley. Might be listed at Safety, but really has the talent to be an excellent corner..

There's nothing wrong with Hosley. He had a typical rookie year for someone drafte in the third round. Hill is big in weight and height and is a better in the box safety than playing nickel. If anyone should play nickel it's rolle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: