You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kenny Phillips signs with Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GiantAl


Joined: 16 Mar 2012
Posts: 256
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh....this news makes me sick..... Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ermertne


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 63
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone is gonna say I'm wrong or give me a reason of why, but I hear a lot of "we didn't resign kenny because he's always injured" yet he only was injured in two season I think and the 11 superbowl season he was a top 8 safety (rated by some) but our top priority our Nicks and Beatty when Nicks is always battling a foot injury and beatty was only healthy 15 games this season if that in my opinion besides JPP, kenny was the best player on defense after that prince who also can't shake the injury bug.... I'm just saying eagles gave him a one yr deal for idk how much but the giants should have made him a bigger priority because now their putting all there chips on Stevie Brown who misses tackles like crazy and I highly doubt he gets close to 8 interceptions next yr all that said I love the Giants but some things just doesn't add up with the injuries stuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 22849
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Oh well. He just wasn't the same guy after the microfracture surgery. At least in my opinion.


Agree. Still a good player when healthy though. I don't actually think is a big loss.


Then you have no idea. Our defense was significantly better than when he was in the line up. I have no faith in this D. What is the motto of our defense? Dont give up the big play and with that premium, we still lead the league in big plays allowed. He is using Prince incorrectly, which is irate. Kenny was that guy that stopped the big play for the most part. I dont trust Stevie Brown to get 8 ints again and frankly he misses on plays that dont appear on the stat sheet. For instance, vs Philly Vick throws a deep ball and Stevie Brown shouldve been in better position and wouldve intercepted it had he been. I know for a fact Kenny wouldve.This is a huge loss.
_________________


Be Humble. Sit Down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stevesmith12


Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 361
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been more upset if this was the pre injury KP...The post injury KP, while good, is nowhere near the kind of player that leaves you hurting that he left.
Our defense had issues with and without KP last season. Obviously we were better with him, like most teams are better when they have their starter in their line up.

Good player but a replaceable one. Like 90% of players in the NFL...not to say that it will be easy to do so though. Look how long we have been waiting for quality LB's for example.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7611
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Then you have no idea. Our defense was significantly better than when he was in the line up. I have no faith in this D. What is the motto of our defense? Dont give up the big play and with that premium, we still lead the league in big plays allowed. He is using Prince incorrectly, which is irate. Kenny was that guy that stopped the big play for the most part. I dont trust Stevie Brown to get 8 ints again and frankly he misses on plays that dont appear on the stat sheet. For instance, vs Philly Vick throws a deep ball and Stevie Brown shouldve been in better position and wouldve intercepted it had he been. I know for a fact Kenny wouldve.This is a huge loss.


Kenny is a good player and can be a difference maker if healthy, but him staying healthy is no given. You can't spend money on a safety like KP if you have safeties like Stevie who played very well last year, Antrel who played very well and is a leader (also doesn't miss any games) and a young safety with potential in Will Hill.

This is Stevie's first year on the team and has developed very well since college. He may have had one or two mispossitions but was he or was he not in position to make (and made) as much INTs this year than KP in his whole career? or more forced fumbles and only one less fumble recovery this year than KP his whole career?

Kenny could stay healthy (something he hasn't done in college or the NFL) and be a good player, but that doesn't mean we don't have a good player here in Stevie Brown and should in no way mean we have a downgrade.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7611
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
I know someone is gonna say I'm wrong or give me a reason of why, but I hear a lot of "we didn't resign kenny because he's always injured" yet he only was injured in two season I think and the 11 superbowl season he was a top 8 safety (rated by some) but our top priority our Nicks and Beatty when Nicks is always battling a foot injury and beatty was only healthy 15 games this season if that in my opinion besides JPP, kenny was the best player on defense after that prince who also can't shake the injury bug.... I'm just saying eagles gave him a one yr deal for idk how much but the giants should have made him a bigger priority because now their putting all there chips on Stevie Brown who misses tackles like crazy and I highly doubt he gets close to 8 interceptions next yr all that said I love the Giants but some things just doesn't add up with the injuries stuff


With Nicks I agree its a little worrisome(still not to the point of KP). Beatty hasn't really been injury prone. A freak injury of a detached retina and only a foot injury. Hasn't missed too many games in college. Pretty durable.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7611
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new #21:

Quote:
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Kenny Phillips, not even gone 24 hours yet ... RT @giants Ryan Mundy will wear No. 21 this season.


Cool Laughing
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5509
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
The new #21:

Quote:
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Kenny Phillips, not even gone 24 hours yet ... RT @giants Ryan Mundy will wear No. 21 this season.


Cool Laughing


Yuck. I used to have confidence when seeing #21.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mlv


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 1700
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Then you have no idea. Our defense was significantly better than when he was in the line up. I have no faith in this D. What is the motto of our defense? Dont give up the big play and with that premium, we still lead the league in big plays allowed. He is using Prince incorrectly, which is irate. Kenny was that guy that stopped the big play for the most part. I dont trust Stevie Brown to get 8 ints again and frankly he misses on plays that dont appear on the stat sheet. For instance, vs Philly Vick throws a deep ball and Stevie Brown shouldve been in better position and wouldve intercepted it had he been. I know for a fact Kenny wouldve.This is a huge loss.


Kenny is a good player and can be a difference maker if healthy, but him staying healthy is no given. You can't spend money on a safety like KP if you have safeties like Stevie who played very well last year, Antrel who played very well and is a leader (also doesn't miss any games) and a young safety with potential in Will Hill.

This is Stevie's first year on the team and has developed very well since college. He may have had one or two mispossitions but was he or was he not in position to make (and made) as much INTs this year than KP in his whole career? or more forced fumbles and only one less fumble recovery this year than KP his whole career?

Kenny could stay healthy (something he hasn't done in college or the NFL) and be a good player, but that doesn't mean we don't have a good player here in Stevie Brown and should in no way mean we have a downgrade.


http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/10/film-breakdown-giants-need-to-beware-of-focusing-on-stevie-browns-8-ints-before-letting-kenny-phillips-get-away/

Unless the Giants think Phillips is going to be out of the league in two years, this was a mistake. Brown is not going replicate his 2012 or even come close to it.
_________________
Colsrob wrote:
Wow. You really should back off of the Eli love. If anything, Eli is a negative impact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mlv


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 1700
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
The new #21:

Quote:
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Kenny Phillips, not even gone 24 hours yet ... RT @giants Ryan Mundy will wear No. 21 this season.


Cool Laughing


Yuck. I used to have confidence when seeing #21.


That's terrible. Rolle should take back #21 since he wore it with Arizona.
_________________
Colsrob wrote:
Wow. You really should back off of the Eli love. If anything, Eli is a negative impact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7611
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/10/film-breakdown-giants-need-to-beware-of-focusing-on-stevie-browns-8-ints-before-letting-kenny-phillips-get-away/

Unless the Giants think Phillips is going to be out of the league in two years, this was a mistake. Brown is not going replicate his 2012 or even come close to it.


Whats the point of the article? He was in position for all those plays and made the plays. Do you think that Kenny's plays were all immaculate plays? A good safety is a safety in position to make plays and makes plays.

Will he get the same #s, probably not. But numbers aren't the whole story. Stevie was in position to make those plays and thats what you need. I mean thats the reason we like KP so much right? Because it can't be the #s.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 9628
Location: LI
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw him.
_________________



aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 22849
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Then you have no idea. Our defense was significantly better than when he was in the line up. I have no faith in this D. What is the motto of our defense? Dont give up the big play and with that premium, we still lead the league in big plays allowed. He is using Prince incorrectly, which is irate. Kenny was that guy that stopped the big play for the most part. I dont trust Stevie Brown to get 8 ints again and frankly he misses on plays that dont appear on the stat sheet. For instance, vs Philly Vick throws a deep ball and Stevie Brown shouldve been in better position and wouldve intercepted it had he been. I know for a fact Kenny wouldve.This is a huge loss.


Kenny is a good player and can be a difference maker if healthy, but him staying healthy is no given. You can't spend money on a safety like KP if you have safeties like Stevie who played very well last year, Antrel who played very well and is a leader (also doesn't miss any games) and a young safety with potential in Will Hill.

This is Stevie's first year on the team and has developed very well since college. He may have had one or two mispossitions but was he or was he not in position to make (and made) as much INTs this year than KP in his whole career? or more forced fumbles and only one less fumble recovery this year than KP his whole career?

Kenny could stay healthy (something he hasn't done in college or the NFL) and be a good player, but that doesn't mean we don't have a good player here in Stevie Brown and should in no way mean we have a downgrade.


Kenny is by no means a durable but with that being said his health issues are exaggerated. Prior to this year he had missed 1 game in 2 years.

Our defense is doomed this year. Doomed. Even with Stevie Brown's 8 ints we still led the league in big plays allowed. What does that say. When Kenny was in there, we played like a top 10 defense. Stevie Brown is a downgrade to KP. Im sorry. Remember 2 years ago Kyle Arrington had something like 8 ints and nobody is going to mistake him for a good CB. You cant just say Stevie Brown had 8 ints, hes a stud. We still gave up plenty of yards and the most big plays, what does that say.

I know our cap situation but this is going to bite us in butt big time. KP injury situation is similar to Hakeem. Our defense will suck this year without him as it did last year.
_________________


Be Humble. Sit Down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12128
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillips did not want to stay with the Giants. He was pissed at how we handled his injury
Giants only wanted to keep KP if it was for nothing.

We should have fixed our defense last year in the draft rather then draft a RB and WR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jerseyboy257


Joined: 21 Apr 2012
Posts: 697
Location: Northern Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Then you have no idea. Our defense was significantly better than when he was in the line up. I have no faith in this D. What is the motto of our defense? Dont give up the big play and with that premium, we still lead the league in big plays allowed. He is using Prince incorrectly, which is irate. Kenny was that guy that stopped the big play for the most part. I dont trust Stevie Brown to get 8 ints again and frankly he misses on plays that dont appear on the stat sheet. For instance, vs Philly Vick throws a deep ball and Stevie Brown shouldve been in better position and wouldve intercepted it had he been. I know for a fact Kenny wouldve.This is a huge loss.


Kenny is a good player and can be a difference maker if healthy, but him staying healthy is no given. You can't spend money on a safety like KP if you have safeties like Stevie who played very well last year, Antrel who played very well and is a leader (also doesn't miss any games) and a young safety with potential in Will Hill.

This is Stevie's first year on the team and has developed very well since college. He may have had one or two mispossitions but was he or was he not in position to make (and made) as much INTs this year than KP in his whole career? or more forced fumbles and only one less fumble recovery this year than KP his whole career?

Kenny could stay healthy (something he hasn't done in college or the NFL) and be a good player, but that doesn't mean we don't have a good player here in Stevie Brown and should in no way mean we have a downgrade.


Kenny is by no means a durable but with that being said his health issues are exaggerated. Prior to this year he had missed 1 game in 2 years.

Our defense is doomed this year. Doomed. Even with Stevie Brown's 8 ints we still led the league in big plays allowed. What does that say. When Kenny was in there, we played like a top 10 defense. Stevie Brown is a downgrade to KP. Im sorry. Remember 2 years ago Kyle Arrington had something like 8 ints and nobody is going to mistake him for a good CB. You cant just say Stevie Brown had 8 ints, hes a stud. We still gave up plenty of yards and the most big plays, what does that say.

I know our cap situation but this is going to bite us in butt big time. KP injury situation is similar to Hakeem. Our defense will suck this year without him as it did last year.


The big plays allowed were most in part due to Webster being burned by#1 WRs. Now that he does not have to handle those duties, his coverage should improve drastically, and who knows maybe last year was just a down year for him. Before last year he was in talks as a top 10 corner in the league...
Phillips' departure is certainly not a good thing for our secondary, but the Giants couldn't trust his durability enough to give him a big contract. It makes sense. Now say a first or second round pick is spent on a corner, which it probably should at this point. Then this rookie can play with Prince and Webster, with Hosley and Ross as backup. This can allow Thomas to move to safety and play with Rolle and Stevie Brown with Will Hill and experienced Ryan Mundy as backup depth. I think people are truly overreacting. With Rivers and Jaquan in the lineup, I think the most important step right now is finding an affordable MLB in F/A who can stop the run, because that's where it all starts defensively.

Acgott wrote:
Phillips did not want to stay with the Giants. He was pissed at how we handled his injury
Giants only wanted to keep KP if it was for nothing.

We should have fixed our defense last year in the draft rather then draft a RB and WR

Really, you're giving up on Wilson our future franchise RB?! We're talking about a team that was 32nd in the league rushing that year and didn't have depth behind injury-plagued Bradshaw. Andre Brown was just a name on the depth chart at the time. Wilson was a terrific pickup.. and I think Randle was as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group