Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons sign former Rams RB Steven Jackson to 3-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Showstopper wrote:
3 yrs, 12 Million, 4 Million Guaranteed. I can live with that!

That means very few touches for Jaquizz. He left Stl because he wants to be the man. He left 7 mil on the table.

Or he made his money and wants a better chance at winning than St. Louis can offer.

Bozo. NO! Know your stuff doll face, He left because he didn't want a Running back by committee offense. I don't wanna find the quote, But

like that movie! Ya'll suckas just got served. He should have gone to the dream team.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade

Last edited by El ramster on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpoonFed56

Showstopper wrote:

He obviously wanted to come to Atlanta. Indoor stadium, legit superbowl contender and an awesome supporting cast. Go ahead and stack the box and julio roddy and tony g will go off. Focus on out passing attack and Jackson will destroy you. I'm calling it right now Abe will be back before its all said an done with. Grimes is the question mark. Now we don't have to draft a rb and possibly spend our 2nd rounder on a CB. Draft is going to be heavy on the defensive side of the ball. All we need to do is get a speed LB who can cover a TE to compliment Spoon, a big DT to plug the middle, and some pass rushers. We can bring back Abe or bring in Osi and then draft a DE, CB, DT, OLB. Honestly the only offensive position I could see us drafting this year would be TE. Can't wait for this season!
STLRamsFan99

GSUeagles14 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Showstopper wrote:

That means very few touches for Jaquizz. He left Stl because he wants to be the man. He left 7 mil on the table.

Or he made his money and wants a better chance at winning than St. Louis can offer.

Pretty sure Jackson said what ramster was saying on NFL Network a couple weeks ago.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Showstopper wrote:

He obviously wanted to come to Atlanta. Indoor stadium, legit superbowl contender and an awesome supporting cast. Go ahead and stack the box and julio roddy and tony g will go off. Focus on out passing attack and Jackson will destroy you. I'm calling it right now Abe will be back before its all said an done with. Grimes is the question mark. Now we don't have to draft a rb and possibly spend our 2nd rounder on a CB. Draft is going to be heavy on the defensive side of the ball. All we need to do is get a speed LB who can cover a TE to compliment Spoon, a big DT to plug the middle, and some pass rushers. We can bring back Abe or bring in Osi and then draft a DE, CB, DT, OLB. Honestly the only offensive position I could see us drafting this year would be TE. Can't wait for this season!

Who cares about the regular season. Get my boy a ring if we don't make the playoffs and quit chocking. GET HIM A RING.

mozwanted wrote:
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Showstopper wrote:

Bozo. NO! Know your stuff doll face, He left because he didn't want a Running back by committee offense. I don't wanna find the quote, But

like that movie! Ya'll suckas just got served. He should have gone to the dream team.

I'm well aware of what he said, it just doesn't match up with what you said. He didn't say he had to have 300 carries, just that he wants to be the feature back basically. That doesn't mean quizz will have any less touches than last year, in fact, I predict more. Well run more with a legit threat and turner still had 200+ carries, way more than anyone else on the team
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven Jackson strained his groin walking to the podium at his press conference. He will miss the first three weeks of the season.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
Steven Jackson strained his groin walking to the podium at his press conference. He will miss the first three weeks of the season.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

mozwanted wrote:
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Showstopper wrote:

Well yes, it was very obvious that he either wanted to go to Atlanta or Green Bay, the two contenders who needed a RB the most.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that price, they can have him.

Want to get a young stud more anyway. Wouldn't mind sending a pick to NO for Ivory if a deal could be worked out (late 3rd or 4th or something). Otherwise I like Lacy, Ball and Christine Michael as well.

Jackson's best days are behind him and he's getting worn down. A cheap 2 year deal would have been decent value, but $4/yr for 3? Not so much.
lilant2398

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

Want to get a young stud more anyway. Wouldn't mind sending a pick to NO for Ivory if a deal could be worked out (late 3rd or 4th or something). Otherwise I like Lacy, Ball and Christine Michael as well.

Jackson's best days are behind him and he's getting worn down. A cheap 2 year deal would have been decent value, but $4/yr for 3? Not so much.

4 mil a year for jackson is a STEAL
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

In 2008.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

I am in the GB party that would have liked to see Jackson in GB on this deal.

The 4 guaranteed is what I like, we could easily back out of this after 1-2 years.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Showstopper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

Shonne Green got more per year to be a backup in Tenn.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showstopper wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Shonne Green got more per year to be a backup in Tenn.

a) no, he didn't
b) Green got overpaid too, comparing it to another bad deal doesn't make it good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: