Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Safety Kenny Phillips and CB Carey Williams sign with Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
titwio wrote:
So much hatred going on over this deal right now. The Eagles got an absolute steal here. If I were Kenny Phillips I would have fired my agent if that's the best deal he came back with.

Dude would've been kicking rocks.

I think it means that teams are very worried about his knees.

Yeah Lesean really messed them up

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
It's funny because Graham worked so hard the past few years to gain weight, which he did. Poor kid.

No he didn't. He was out of shape. He was told to lose weight entering last season. He said he played at 280lbs his 2nd season. He has no problem gaining weight, he will be a Duce Staley/McNabb type man once his playing days are over.

I just searched for the reports:

Eagles Defensive End Brandon Graham Blames Weight Gain On Philly Cheesesteaks
Quote:
http://www.thepostgame.com/node/3356 The 2010 first-round draft pick tore his ACL last December and spent two months on crutches. His weight jumped from 270 to 290 during his recovery. He has a culprit, though. "You know what got me real big? The Philly cheesesteaks," Graham told the appropriately named Philly.com. "Jim's. That's all I eat."

I thought he lost the chub but gained muscle mass for last year? So he could play inside on certain downs.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
titwio wrote:
So much hatred going on over this deal right now. The Eagles got an absolute steal here. If I were Kenny Phillips I would have fired my agent if that's the best deal he came back with.

That's the thing though....there haven't been any reports saying he's not medically cleared. He had a minor knee injury this year but he came back and played. the year before (2011) he played great and showed he was completely passed the recovery stage.

Idk....I'm just really baffled over this situation. The Giants go out and sign Ryan Mundy for about only mill less but don't bring back the younger, better, more familiar with the scheme, team leader and first round talent?

Anyway...congrats. You guys got a real good player for next to nothing.

He has a degenerative knee condition where the cartilage wears away. So eventually you get bone on bone contact in your knees. That's the reason he had that surgery a few years ago and missed a season. When news of that came out, there were rumors he might have to retire. He came back and gave us a few solid years, but wasn't a play maker. He wisely dropped his weight down from 220 to about 200 so there is less wear on his knees, but even with that he never regained his explosiveness. That knee condition isn't going to get any better, and his play probably won't either. It's a real concern, and the contract is indicative of that concern.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone on bone is a real serious concern.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Bone on bone is a real serious concern.

Especially in the city of brotherly love.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

oland11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Kenny Phillips ends up being just a stop gap player who slides into the starting role once or twice a season. I don't want to destroy his knees any more than they already are. And after a year sign him to like a 2 year deal or something or flat out not resign him.

For Cary, I don't want him here next year. I don't want a FA we're paying to be a starting CB. I'd rather had a home grown CB start over him.
Kempes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can just save Kenny for the PO's...... ya feel me?
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool, it's a 1 year deal. At best he proves to be a healthy player who can play for us.

At worse he's off the team next year.

Low risk, medium reward. I'll take it any day.

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
It's cool, it's a 1 year deal. At best he proves to be a healthy player who can play for us.

He has zero guarenteed cash and a 1 million dollar bonus to make the final 53 man roster. He could be cut post TC. Or he could prove to be worthy of the chance and prove he still has something to offer. I'm glad Howie went this route, as he and Nate can battle each other for the starting FS spot.
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Phire wrote:

He has zero guarenteed cash and a 1 million dollar bonus to make the final 53 man roster. He could be cut post TC. Or he could prove to be worthy of the chance and prove he still has something to offer. I'm glad Howie went this route, as he and Nate can battle each other for the starting FS spot.

Its all reward and zero risk, hopefully he can give us at least one good year.
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:

I'm sure he'd like to play more than a total of zero snaps this season. Wink

Kempes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Kempes wrote:

I'm sure he'd like to play more than a total of zero snaps this season. Wink

rememberthevet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
titwio wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
titwio wrote:

That's the thing though....there haven't been any reports saying he's not medically cleared. He had a minor knee injury this year but he came back and played. the year before (2011) he played great and showed he was completely passed the recovery stage.

Idk....I'm just really baffled over this situation. The Giants go out and sign Ryan Mundy for about only mill less but don't bring back the younger, better, more familiar with the scheme, team leader and first round talent?

Anyway...congrats. You guys got a real good player for next to nothing.

He has a degenerative knee condition where the cartilage wears away. So eventually you get bone on bone contact in your knees. That's the reason he had that surgery a few years ago and missed a season. When news of that came out, there were rumors he might have to retire. He came back and gave us a few solid years, but wasn't a play maker. He wisely dropped his weight down from 220 to about 200 so there is less wear on his knees, but even with that he never regained his explosiveness. That knee condition isn't going to get any better, and his play probably won't either. It's a real concern, and the contract is indicative of that concern.

Does anyone know if he had the platelette procedure Kobe got? After reading about the degenerative knee condition, it sounds like Phillips was brought in to push Nate Allen, not necessarily to replace him. We are without a doubt drafting a FS between rounds 2 and 4.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
Does anyone know if he had the platelette procedure Kobe got? After reading about the degenerative knee condition, it sounds like Phillips was brought in to push Nate Allen, not necessarily to replace him. We are without a doubt drafting a FS between rounds 2 and 4.
Kobe was one of, if not the first big-time American professional athlete to get the procedure done in Germany. I highly doubt KP got it done too, but at the same time, Kobe never had a bone on bone condition diagnosed in his knee.

And as I eluded to above, with no guaranteed cash for KP, I see this signing as a way to bring out the best in both he and Allen during a mini-camp/TC battle they'll have. So I agree with you there.
Phire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
And as I eluded to above, with no guaranteed cash for KP, I see this signing as a way to bring out the best in both he and Allen during a mini-camp/TC battle they'll have. So I agree with you there.

This all day.

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: