Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings sign former Chiefs QB Matt Cassel to 1-year $4M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone needs to chill a bit. I understand the passion someone can have for their team, and the feeling of needing to defend their team, but everyone is getting a little bit aggregious with their compounding and less than adult like attitude.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
Kellerman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

It means Rex Grossman is an experienced veteran with playoff experience and if you guys seriously can't understand that then have fun with Cassel!

And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?

This is very petty and it's hilarious to see that you have to resort to personal attacks.

Me being a Detroit fan has nothing to do with your backup quarterback, I haven't said one bad thing about you, your team, or your starting quarterback. I simply asked why not Rex Grossman. I think you guys need to stop being bitter and learn to discuss like adults.

This is getting sad. You basically said: 'Rex Grossman owns Matt Cassel because he won an AFC champ game'. By that logic, Rex Grossman owns Matt Stafford. Your argument makes no sense from whatever angle you wish to approach it.

Now I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think you really think that Rex Grossman is better than Matt Cassel. A cursory glance at their career stats reveals that Cassel has a TD/INT ration of 1.4, whereas Sexy Rexy has a TD/INT ratio of 0.9.

In other words, Rex Grossman throws more friggin' interceptions than touchdowns. To put it into perspective, Grossman has played one less season than Cassel. Yet he has thrown 7 more picks, and 26 less touchdowns in that period. While also throwing for 23% less bulk yardage.

Pretty much every career stat is significantly in favor of Cassel. Only the biggest Grossman homer would argue otherwise (I don't think you are a Grossman homer).

So to the ordinary Vikings fan, your statement that Quinn (lol) and Grossman would have been better options than Cassel,

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Brady Quinn or Rex Grossman would've probably been a better 'reaction'...

seems rather disparaging towards the Vikings. There are two options, either you think Grossman and Quinn really are better, in which case you don't know what you're talking about, or you're just said it to diss the Vikings.

And If you are indeed not ignorant on the subject, then surely you can take a playful jab yourself. Gotte be able to recieve if you want to dish out

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Grossman is quite easily a better option. Wonder why they didn't go after him.

Agreed. Without attacking any other teams, Grossman would be a better signing than Cassel for sure. Don't understand all the animosity over it.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool

#JDI
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

I'm sure they are coddling him.

Just like FO coddled Jackson.

Don't want to break his confidence or spirit. That would be a detriment to him and the team.

Ponder?
Grossman isn't starting material, but he's a far better backup than Cassell.

I hate the Jaguars
Freakout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:

I am guessing attitude might be a factor. Finding a veteran somewhat content with the backup role as well as being helpful to a young developing quarterback.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Agreed. Without attacking any other teams, Grossman would be a better signing than Cassel for sure. Don't understand all the animosity over it.

Grossman has way worse stats across the board, fails the eye test, and didn't even make a roster last year. In what world is he a better option?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Grossman has way worse stats across the board, fails the eye test, and didn't even make a roster last year. In what world is he a better option?

Grossman is far better in the eye test, has far more career success and did make a roster last year. Sooooooo

I hate the Jaguars
Kellerman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Grossman is far better in the eye test, has far more career success and did make a roster last year. Sooooooo

No, the only thing he has above Cassel in the eye test is a stronger arm, that's it. A strong arm he uses to throw picks.

No, his best career season, in which he had a whopping 133 pass attempts, starting only 3 games, is about on par with Cassel's career average. Cassel has more bulk production, better efficiency, and has been a better individual player. The only thing Grossman has over him is the 2006 season, where the Bears defense carried him to a Superbowl against his will.

#3, I thought he was cut, just checked, I was wrong. Instead he was behind 2 rookies on the roster, not much of an upgrade. Didn't take a meaningful snap either way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

No, the only thing he has above Cassel in the eye test is a stronger arm, that's it. A strong arm he uses to throw picks.

No, his best career season, in which he had a whopping 133 pass attempts, starting only 3 games, is about on par with Cassel's career average. Cassel has more bulk production, better efficiency, and has been a better individual player. The only thing Grossman has over him is the 2006 season, where the Bears defense carried him to a Superbowl against his will.

#3, I thought he was cut, just checked, I was wrong. Instead he was behind 2 rookies on the roster, not much of an upgrade. Didn't take a meaningful snap either way.

I really feel like you're only doing this because you're a Vikings fan and your team just signed Cassell. He was the worst QB in the game last year. Grossman is better. For sure. Sorry.

I hate the Jaguars
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Grossman is completely and totally capable of winning games for you, he is equally likely to lose games for you, but he's still a much better QB than Cassell

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishtanked wrote:
To all the Ponder bashers here.

He had some rough games last year, absolutely. But our WR corps was pretty pathetic all year long even with Harvin. The fact is towards the end of the season Ponder played great football with a cast of 4 and 5 receivers and won 4 straight games against top teams to make the playoffs. Sure, AD was running wild but Ponder was converting 3rd downs, extending drives, protecting the football and throwing touchdowns. He is still young but as someone that watched every single snap of Viking football last year I can honestly say that he has shown moxie and grit and with some weapons and snaps could develop into a legit starter. Give he kid a chance.

If "great" describes 3 of those 4 games for Ponder, I don't want to know what average or bad is.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

I really feel like you're only doing this because you're a Vikings fan and your team just signed Cassell. He was the worst QB in the game last year. Grossman is better. For sure. Sorry.

Right. If Green Bay signed Cassel, I would be calling for TTs head. I would probably go to gb myself and murder him.

I would absolutely love to go up against Cassel twice a year, which I know will never happen because Ponder is a million times better,but I am pretty happy by the move.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool

#JDI
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
I'm so sorry I didn't realize that this was middle school were you do it one time and you're awesome.

Come on you're better than that. Mark Bradley, WR (OU) made an amazing down the field throw to Tyler Thigpen once upon a time. Guess he's great at throwing the ball down the field and all concerns of his QB career are put to rest.

I guess since you're old and can only understand things literally: Ponder can't throw the football well enough down the field with any kind of consistency that concerns a defense.

jeez, talk about a middle school response...

so much hyperbole. maybe just let it go now.

not sure what you mean by middle school response, I asked if this was middle school were you do something once and it all of the sudden means you can do it every time. Meaning since Ponder made one good throw down the field he can now do it consistently and be considered a threat, which at this point he is NOT considered a threat throwing the ball down the field.

Pretty much this.

I'm too lazy to dig it up, but there was a play where Chad Henne & Ted Ginn torched Darrelle Revis ... doesn't mean Henne nor Ginn are good players.

EDIT:

Why not here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRz9WCgXRU

Nacho Simulation Football League
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Minnesota gave former Chiefs QB Matt Cassel a one-year, $4 million deal.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/312387819802853376
Tom Brady Tribute
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Minnesota gave former Chiefs QB Matt Cassel a one-year, $4 million deal.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/312387819802853376

Laughing On top of the 60m he already got form kc?

Wow did Randy Moss and Wes Welker get this guy paid or what?
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: