Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings sign former Chiefs QB Matt Cassel to 1-year $4M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DetroitSpirit


Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3280
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

It means Rex Grossman is an experienced veteran with playoff experience and if you guys seriously can't understand that then have fun with Cassel!



And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?


This is very petty and it's hilarious to see that you have to resort to personal attacks.

Me being a Detroit fan has nothing to do with your backup quarterback, I haven't said one bad thing about you, your team, or your starting quarterback. I simply asked why not Rex Grossman. I think you guys need to stop being bitter and learn to discuss like adults.


This is getting sad. You basically said: 'Rex Grossman owns Matt Cassel because he won an AFC champ game'. By that logic, Rex Grossman owns Matt Stafford. Your argument makes no sense from whatever angle you wish to approach it.

Now I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think you really think that Rex Grossman is better than Matt Cassel. A cursory glance at their career stats reveals that Cassel has a TD/INT ration of 1.4, whereas Sexy Rexy has a TD/INT ratio of 0.9.

In other words, Rex Grossman throws more friggin' interceptions than touchdowns. To put it into perspective, Grossman has played one less season than Cassel. Yet he has thrown 7 more picks, and 26 less touchdowns in that period. While also throwing for 23% less bulk yardage.

Pretty much every career stat is significantly in favor of Cassel. Only the biggest Grossman homer would argue otherwise (I don't think you are a Grossman homer).

So to the ordinary Vikings fan, your statement that Quinn (lol) and Grossman would have been better options than Cassel,

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Brady Quinn or Rex Grossman would've probably been a better 'reaction'...


seems rather disparaging towards the Vikings. There are two options, either you think Grossman and Quinn really are better, in which case you don't know what you're talking about, or you're just said it to diss the Vikings.

And If you are indeed not ignorant on the subject, then surely you can take a playful jab yourself. Gotte be able to recieve if you want to dish out



Won't even get into the whole Cassel bulk stats vs Grossman bulk stats, but Grossman hasn't really had too many real receiving threats, while Cassel has always had a lot of offensive talent on his teams.


Don't even know how it could be considered a diss against the Vikings.. I didn't say the Vikings, Ponder, Cassel, or any of their fans were bad or anything of the sort. I just simply said Grossman seems like a better reaction and what I get in return is 3 times now people talking about Stafford. There is not intent on 'dishing out' so I don't need to be able to receive.


Due to me being a Detroit fan does not interfere with my ability to comment on other team's free agent pick ups regardless if they are in the same division, I would've said it about any other team that picked up Cassel too.
_________________
Vikefan79 wrote:
And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8798
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassel should be a decent backup for Minnesota, let's hope for the Vikings sake that's all he has to be.
_________________
I think that I shall never see, my cataracts are blinding me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kellerman


Joined: 16 May 2010
Posts: 3624
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Won't even get into the whole Cassel bulk stats vs Grossman bulk stats, but Grossman hasn't really had too many real receiving threats, while Cassel has always had a lot of offensive talent on his teams.


Don't even know how it could be considered a diss against the Vikings.. I didn't say the Vikings, Ponder, Cassel, or any of their fans were bad or anything of the sort. I just simply said Grossman seems like a better reaction and what I get in return is 3 times now people talking about Stafford. There is not intent on 'dishing out' so I don't need to be able to receive.


Due to me being a Detroit fan does not interfere with my ability to comment on other team's free agent pick ups regardless if they are in the same division, I would've said it about any other team that picked up Cassel too.


You threw up Rex Grossman and Brady Quinn (of all people) as better option Cassel. I brought up the argument that his stats are way better than those of Grossman and Quinn. You respond by posting:


Quote:
NFCC win.

Grossman: 1
Cassel: 0


A compelling argument, which is of course complete nonsense, because by that logic Grossman would be a better option than Stafford (or Marino), etc.

Between this flimsy argument, and the fact that you're a Detroit fan, it appeared that you were just baiting for a reaction. This is the internet after all, you see a rival fan making a nonsensical argument, that's usually what it is.

If it wasn't, then that's settled then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitSpirit


Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3280
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Won't even get into the whole Cassel bulk stats vs Grossman bulk stats, but Grossman hasn't really had too many real receiving threats, while Cassel has always had a lot of offensive talent on his teams.


Don't even know how it could be considered a diss against the Vikings.. I didn't say the Vikings, Ponder, Cassel, or any of their fans were bad or anything of the sort. I just simply said Grossman seems like a better reaction and what I get in return is 3 times now people talking about Stafford. There is not intent on 'dishing out' so I don't need to be able to receive.


Due to me being a Detroit fan does not interfere with my ability to comment on other team's free agent pick ups regardless if they are in the same division, I would've said it about any other team that picked up Cassel too.


You threw up Rex Grossman and Brady Quinn (of all people) as better option Cassel. I brought up the argument that his stats are way better than those of Grossman and Quinn. You respond by posting:


Quote:
NFCC win.

Grossman: 1
Cassel: 0


A compelling argument, which is of course complete nonsense, because by that logic Grossman would be a better option than Stafford (or Marino), etc.

Between this flimsy argument, and the fact that you're a Detroit fan, it appeared that you were just baiting for a reaction. This is the internet after all, you see a rival fan making a nonsensical argument, that's usually what it is.

If it wasn't, then that's settled then.


I just posted the NFCC win for fun more or less. Obviously something as specific as that shouldn't be held in a head to head ranking lol.
_________________
Vikefan79 wrote:
And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4701
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

It means Rex Grossman is an experienced veteran with playoff experience and if you guys seriously can't understand that then have fun with Cassel!



And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?


This is very petty and it's hilarious to see that you have to resort to personal attacks.

Me being a Detroit fan has nothing to do with your backup quarterback, I haven't said one bad thing about you, your team, or your starting quarterback. I simply asked why not Rex Grossman. I think you guys need to stop being bitter and learn to discuss like adults.


This is getting sad. You basically said: 'Rex Grossman owns Matt Cassel because he won an AFC champ game'. By that logic, Rex Grossman owns Matt Stafford. Your argument makes no sense from whatever angle you wish to approach it.

Now I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think you really think that Rex Grossman is better than Matt Cassel. A cursory glance at their career stats reveals that Cassel has a TD/INT ration of 1.4, whereas Sexy Rexy has a TD/INT ratio of 0.9.

In other words, Rex Grossman throws more friggin' interceptions than touchdowns. To put it into perspective, Grossman has played one less season than Cassel. Yet he has thrown 7 more picks, and 26 less touchdowns in that period. While also throwing for 23% less bulk yardage.

Pretty much every career stat is significantly in favor of Cassel. Only the biggest Grossman homer would argue otherwise (I don't think you are a Grossman homer).

So to the ordinary Vikings fan, your statement that Quinn (lol) and Grossman would have been better options than Cassel,

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Brady Quinn or Rex Grossman would've probably been a better 'reaction'...


seems rather disparaging towards the Vikings. There are two options, either you think Grossman and Quinn really are better, in which case you don't know what you're talking about, or you're just said it to diss the Vikings.

And If you are indeed not ignorant on the subject, then surely you can take a playful jab yourself. Gotte be able to recieve if you want to dish out


Who's the best WR Grossman ever played with? best RB? how was his O Line?

Cassel has played with Moss, Bowe, Welker, Charles in their primes....not to mention Belicek and Charlie Weis.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19342
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

It means Rex Grossman is an experienced veteran with playoff experience and if you guys seriously can't understand that then have fun with Cassel!



And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?


This is very petty and it's hilarious to see that you have to resort to personal attacks.

Me being a Detroit fan has nothing to do with your backup quarterback, I haven't said one bad thing about you, your team, or your starting quarterback. I simply asked why not Rex Grossman. I think you guys need to stop being bitter and learn to discuss like adults.


This is getting sad. You basically said: 'Rex Grossman owns Matt Cassel because he won an AFC champ game'. By that logic, Rex Grossman owns Matt Stafford. Your argument makes no sense from whatever angle you wish to approach it.

Now I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think you really think that Rex Grossman is better than Matt Cassel. A cursory glance at their career stats reveals that Cassel has a TD/INT ration of 1.4, whereas Sexy Rexy has a TD/INT ratio of 0.9.

In other words, Rex Grossman throws more friggin' interceptions than touchdowns. To put it into perspective, Grossman has played one less season than Cassel. Yet he has thrown 7 more picks, and 26 less touchdowns in that period. While also throwing for 23% less bulk yardage.

Pretty much every career stat is significantly in favor of Cassel. Only the biggest Grossman homer would argue otherwise (I don't think you are a Grossman homer).

So to the ordinary Vikings fan, your statement that Quinn (lol) and Grossman would have been better options than Cassel,

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Brady Quinn or Rex Grossman would've probably been a better 'reaction'...


seems rather disparaging towards the Vikings. There are two options, either you think Grossman and Quinn really are better, in which case you don't know what you're talking about, or you're just said it to diss the Vikings.

And If you are indeed not ignorant on the subject, then surely you can take a playful jab yourself. Gotte be able to recieve if you want to dish out


Who's the best WR Grossman ever played with? best RB? how was his O Line?

Cassel has played with Moss, Bowe, Welker, Charles in their primes....not to mention Belicek and Charlie Weis.
Bernard Berrian, Thomas Jones, really good in 06. The issue w/ Grossman is, he'll throw 2-3 TDs, but he is equally likely to throw 2-3 INTs. There's a reason he's basically a .500 QB b/c for all the good he brings, he brings a lot of bad too.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kparty69


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 888
Location: Minnesota/Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
To all the uninformed: this is purely a reaction to Joe Webb's performance in that play-off game.


Brady Quinn or Rex Grossman would've probably been a better 'reaction'...


Nice try,

but no.

You can look up their respective career stats and see why you're wrong.


NFCC win.

Grossman: 1
Cassel: 0


Stafford: 0


Not sure how Stafford got in this conversation. Please stick to the subject at hand.


You're argument literally makes no sense.

NFC Championship games.

Cassell played for New England and Kansas City.

Neither of those teams are in the NFC.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Michael Vick, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, (Matt Stafford), Josh Freeman, Alex Smith and Sam Bradford have never helped their team get past the NFC Championship game...

So I guess that means they're all worse than Grossman, right?

Laughing

try again.


It means Rex Grossman is an experienced veteran with playoff experience and if you guys seriously can't understand that then have fun with Cassel!


but that still doesn't make Grossman any more valuable/expierenced than other QBs.

Grossman was terrible throughout his career. Just because his defense/ST carried his team to the SB back in 06 doesn't mean we should recognize him as a great QB! He's barely average!


If I'm choosing between 2 awful QB's to be my backup QB I'm going to choose the one who is already a backup, won't cost as much, and has playoff experience.


Playoffs, playoffs? Meh... I'd rather have the QB with Pro Bowl experience because then he plays against all of the top players at each position! You can't pay for that type of experience!!! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group