Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want At #28?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I would be happy with a S like Vaccaro or Elam, a CB like Trufant, Rhodes or Banks or just about defensive lineman. I would be happy with a WR too and I could probably get on board with Ertz or Eifert.

I don't think RB would be a good option. There are position in the NFL where you need elite talent but I don't believe RB is one of them. I think we can get by with what we've got plus a mid-round player like Bell, Taylor or Ball. Lacy is good but I wouldn't be comfortable taking him in the first.

jsthomp2007 wrote:
OrangeNBlue86#2 wrote:
Do not draft Lacy with first pick. Maybe in the second. I think RB is a crapshoot and we could just as well wait and go for Bell, Bernard, Knile Davis (5th-7th).

That must have been the Broncos philosophy last year when they passed over Doug Martin.

Honestly I think he was one of the players we were targeting. When we traded down I think they were shocked at Dove Valley when Tampa Bay took him. I think he was someone they thought would last to #35 but they got caught with their pants down when the Bucs took him.

Or, you could be right and Elway shares the same view I do on the RB position and its value in the draft.
I think Elway traded back with a few players in mind. They could of had three or four players with first round grades when they decided to go back to 36. In my estimation it would be foolish to move back and have only one player as your target.

Based on his impact and production it would appear early on that Elway got good value for Wolfe at #36 overall. One can dispute the compensation for the two trades, but the value itself and the pick are good.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I would be happy with a S like Vaccaro or Elam, a CB like Trufant, Rhodes or Banks or just about defensive lineman. I would be happy with a WR too and I could probably get on board with Ertz or Eifert.

I don't think RB would be a good option. There are position in the NFL where you need elite talent but I don't believe RB is one of them. I think we can get by with what we've got plus a mid-round player like Bell, Taylor or Ball. Lacy is good but I wouldn't be comfortable taking him in the first.

jsthomp2007 wrote:
OrangeNBlue86#2 wrote:
Do not draft Lacy with first pick. Maybe in the second. I think RB is a crapshoot and we could just as well wait and go for Bell, Bernard, Knile Davis (5th-7th).

That must have been the Broncos philosophy last year when they passed over Doug Martin.

Honestly I think he was one of the players we were targeting. When we traded down I think they were shocked at Dove Valley when Tampa Bay took him. I think he was someone they thought would last to #35 but they got caught with their pants down when the Bucs took him.

Or, you could be right and Elway shares the same view I do on the RB position and its value in the draft.

That is true. The RB position isn't that big of a deal. Elways knows he probably didn't need Terrell Davis to help him win those Super Bowls.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
That is true. The RB position isn't that big of a deal. Elways knows he probably didn't need Terrell Davis to help him win those Super Bowls.

Sarcasm noted and appreciated.

I'm not saying the position isn't important, just that you don't need an elite talent at RB to have a good running game.

Just tweeted by Les and Tom Nalen:
Quote:
"With acquisition of Welker, #Broncos are not concerned w/running game. They're very content w/McGahee, Hillman & Moreno." -

I don't know what Welker has to do with the running game, but it doesn't appear as if Dove Valley thinks we need to invest a premium pick or major free agent money on a RB.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Quote:
"With acquisition of Welker, #Broncos are not concerned w/running game. They're very content w/McGahee, Hillman & Moreno." -

I don't know what Welker has to do with the running game, but it doesn't appear as if Dove Valley thinks we need to invest a premium pick or major free agent money on a RB.

LOL. I usually don't like bashing people. But either these guys are misinformed or the guys in the suits haven't got much sleep since free agency started. Getting Welker makes the RB position irrelevant? Are we going to pass the ball 90% of the time?

Hey, if the F.O is comfortable with the same RB's we had last year, I'll trust them. All three guys played great at times. But the aquisition of Welker should have absolutely zero to do with how we view the RB position.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
b_rent87

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore or carradine now

Props to Jamison on the sig
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Quote:

LOL. I usually don't like bashing people. But either these guys are misinformed or the guys in the suits haven't got much sleep since free agency started. Getting Welker makes the RB position irrelevant? Are we going to pass the ball 90% of the time?

Hey, if the F.O is comfortable with the same RB's we had last year, I'll trust them. All three guys played great at times. But the aquisition of Welker should have absolutely zero to do with how we view the RB position.
I think what they're getting at is a short screen or underneath route is pretty much a substitute for 4 yard run.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Quote:

I think what they're getting at is a short screen or underneath route is pretty much a substitute for 4 yard run.

I read the average depth of Welker's routes last year was like less than 3 yards. That dink and dunk game that AAA loves so much, is Welker's game, and we'll be playing it. Difference is now we have an established guy to take the top off these defenses. We can hit weapons in any part of the field now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
I read the average depth of Welker's routes last year was like less than 3 yards. That dink and dunk game that AAA loves so much, is Welker's game, and we'll be playing it. Difference is now we have an established guy to take the top off these defenses. We can hit weapons in any part of the field now.

Welker's patterns for the Patriots typically have been short. Here's some data from a year ago:

Quote:
Wes Welker’s average depth of target actually jumped up 1.9 yards from 2010-to-2011, but he still saw just over two-thirds of his targets in the zero-to-nine yard range.

http://www.eagleseyeblog.com/2012-articles/july/average-depth-of-target-a-new-stat-for-eagles-and-nfl.html
hibdib31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Alec Olgetree?

Olgetree would be a three-down linebacker with two 330 lb defensive tackles in front of him. Linebacker is one of the "easier" positions to make the transitions from the pros, so Olgetree would be in a position to make an impact right away. Nate Irving hasn't captured the job like we had hoped, and Stewart Bradley is just alright.

Olgetree, a former strong safety, could stay in on 3rd downs next to Wesley Woodyard and would ideally use his size/length (6'3") to match up on TEs.

I think MLB is the position that Denver would get the most production out of with a draft choice, and Olgetree looks to be a potential impact player.
Winder23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
How about Alec Olgetree?

Olgetree would be a three-down linebacker with two 330 lb defensive tackles in front of him. Linebacker is one of the "easier" positions to make the transitions from the pros, so Olgetree would be in a position to make an impact right away. Nate Irving hasn't captured the job like we had hoped, and Stewart Bradley is just alright.

Olgetree, a former strong safety, could stay in on 3rd downs next to Wesley Woodyard and would ideally use his size/length (6'3") to match up on TEs.

I think MLB is the position that Denver would get the most production out of with a draft choice, and Olgetree looks to be a potential impact player.
The Broncos won't draft this kid. Just got a DUI last month and has been suspended at Georgia for soking pot.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such a toss-up now as to who we take at 28. I doubt it's Lacy personally, and I don't see us taking a WR in Round 1, Round 2 yes, but not Round 1.

DT is still a possibility, but I think that only happens if one drops. I don't see MLB happening. CB is again, a possibility because DRC is on, at best, a 2-year deal. S is a big possibility if the right one falls, and DE is also potentially a need.

I think S or DT are most likely right now, but that may change quick if we lose Doom.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Sarcasm noted and appreciated.

I'm not saying the position isn't important, just that you don't need an elite talent at RB to have a good running game.

Quote:

Hmmm...I suppose short, screen, bubble passes, to Welker and et al, will be the equivalent of a running game? Maybe? I don't know?

I like a strong running game. That is just me. That is just me noting the good ole days where you hand the ball to TD, and that setup the passing game...

Perhaps it's just conditioning and I need to work on dealing with change.
broncs4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore, Werner, Carradine, Vaccarro or Elam.

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncs4life wrote:
Moore, Werner, Carradine, Vaccarro or Elam.

Vacarro won't make it past Dallas. Carradine is ehhh. And Elam continues to be overrated.

Elam can't do anything besides play in the box. He'll never be able to cover the elite TE's in the playoffs.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: