Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want At #28?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grizmo78

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic wrote:
Depending on who else we may or may not sign, I seriously think we could go with a CB if we stay at 28.

They have been talking about taking a cb to groom for the future replacement for Champ. I would serioiusly consider Desmond Trufant or Xavier Rhodes. Champ can't play forever, and though we all love him, he will be 35 this year and asking him to blanket the elite young wideouts game in and game out is tough.

Elway is on record as saying you can never have enough good corners. I would not be overly disappointed if we got one of those 2 guys.

I would also consider a DE or a safety at 28, but NOT a running back.

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

1.) Best option for me would be to trade down for a future pick. Something like Mid 2nd + next years 2nd for our first
If this happens, players I'd target are Arthur Brown, Carradine, Amerson (as a safety)

2.) Next best would be Xavier Rhodes, Cooper (guards always drop), Hankins, Jarvis Jones (if he drops)

I wouldn't be too upset with a trade up for Ansah either. We need players who are capable of winning 1v1 and he has the athletic ability to do that.

Whats everyone's thoughts for Amerson as a saftey if picked in the mid second?

Also, I'm not a fan of Trufant as a first round pick. As someone who attends UW, he was a really good player but always had a little too much contact down the field. I see him as a second round player who would be a decent-really good 2nd CB depending on the team around him but never a #1 CB.

I hate going RB in the first couple rounds, probably best option for me would be Lattimore in the 3rd. Equally hate TE's anywhere in this draft. Also not quite the fan of going Safety too early. If not Amerson in the mid second then id probably hold off till the 4th for Earl Wolff
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys will be available after #28, but I just watched Sam Montgomery and Leveon Bell on NFL AM; pretty impressive kids. I wouldn't mind the Broncos drafting both of those guys.

Leveon Bell was just a tad shorter than Sam Montgomery. I am not sure if that is good or bad. I know he runs hard though.

This would make me think that BPA at #28 is the best idea.
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
These guys will be available after #28, but I just watched Sam Montgomery and Leveon Bell on NFL AM; pretty impressive kids. I wouldn't mind the Broncos drafting both of those guys.

Leveon Bell was just a tad shorter than Sam Montgomery. I am not sure if that is good or bad. I know he runs hard though.

I have studied Bell alot if recent days. I am not that impressed. Has good wiggle for a big man, but he isn't that powerful for someone who is as big as he is. Kind of like Ron Dayne.

Montgomery looks pretty good on film, but what he revealed at combine is very troubling. No player should ever admit to taking games off against lesser opponents.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

I have studied Bell alot if recent days. I am not that impressed. Has good wiggle for a big man, but he isn't that powerful for someone who is as big as he is. Kind of like Ron Dayne.

Montgomery looks pretty good on film, but what he revealed at combine is very troubling. No player should ever admit to taking games off against lesser opponents.
He's basically a slightly faster, smaller TJ Duckett.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Thank you so much. LeVeon Bell is the last RB I want on this team.

Regarding Bjoern Werner, he's very much like Chris Long except he's not as big of a player. High Motor, Hard Working, Great Effort guy. I'd love to pick him if he were to be available.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Regarding Bjoern Werner, he's very much like Chris Long except he's not as big of a player. High Motor, Hard Working, Great Effort guy. I'd love to pick him if he were to be available.

Yeah, I have a feeling Dumervil won't take enough of a pay vut and Denver will be in the market for a pass rusher. I'd like Werner if that comes about.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Yeah, I have a feeling Dumervil won't take enough of a pay vut and Denver will be in the market for a pass rusher. I'd like Werner if that comes about.
Agreed.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
OrangeNBlue86#2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Alec Ogletree, Shariff Floyd or Cooper or Warmack. But that is not going to happen. With what will be available a DT/DE would be nice (Richardson, Williams, Werner for me) or an OL like Warford or Pugh if the Broncos rate them that high.

Otherwise, trade the pick and get a LB in the second. In this order I would want:
1. Te'o
2. Greene
3. Minter

Do not draft Lacy with first pick. Maybe in the second. I think RB is a crapshoot and we could just as well wait and go for Bell, Bernard, Knile Davis (5th-7th).
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrangeNBlue86#2 wrote:
I want Alec Ogletree, Shariff Floyd or Cooper or Warmack. But that is not going to happen. With what will be available a DT/DE would be nice (Richardson, Williams, Werner for me) or an OL like Warford or Pugh if the Broncos rate them that high.

Otherwise, trade the pick and get a LB in the second. In this order I would want:
1. Te'o
2. Greene
3. Minter

Do not draft Lacy with first pick. Maybe in the second. I think RB is a crapshoot and we could just as well wait and go for Bell, Bernard, Knile Davis (5th-7th).

That must have been the Broncos philosophy last year when they passed over Doug Martin.
Macgregor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson is and has been my guy, but there's no way he'll be around when Denver picks.

Carradine would be awesome, awesome, awesome.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players I would be okay with that I think are obtainable.

-Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas (Probably going to be a Cowgirl though)

-Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State (Think Chris Long, but smaller.)

-Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama (Can't trust Moreno, McGahee fumbles all the time and is getting injured. And He's old. Lacy would fit well with Hillman.)

-Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M (Solid player besides his combine. His tape is good which is what matters most. He's also very close friends with Von Miller, who is currently mentoring Moore.)

-Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia (Very gifted MLB. Needs to add strength but he can still lay the wood pretty hard. Stewart Bradley couldn't even start over Paris Lenon and Nate Irving is unproven)

Any Defensive Tackle. I feel like that is hardest positon to evaluate for myself. So I trust the coaches with this one.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Broncos should trade out of this pick; historically bad picks in this slot. The only good players picked #28 that I saw in the last 10 years were: Joe Stately, Mercedes Lewis, and Chris Gamble.

The others kind of blow!
kansas bob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I would say a RB or a DE but I want to wait to see how the rest of free agency plays out. I have a feeling Doom and Elway will figure something out that is best for the team. This is a great year for good but not great players in the draft. Lots of them in this draft. lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, depending on what happens with Doom. That is a big question mark at this moment.
Domontre Moore was considered a top 10 lock until the combine. His tape is great against good competition. He is someone I wouldn't mind going after if we lose Doom.
If we restructure Doom I would say BPA at #28 in one of these positions.
In order:
S
CB
ILB
DT

I'm not a huge Lacy fan but I wouldn't throw a fit if we drafted him. I think I could have got 1,000 yards behind that oline (assuming I wasn't injured and crying after my first hit from an SEC linebacker)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with a S like Vaccaro or Elam, a CB like Trufant, Rhodes or Banks or just about defensive lineman. I would be happy with a WR too and I could probably get on board with Ertz or Eifert.

I don't think RB would be a good option. There are position in the NFL where you need elite talent but I don't believe RB is one of them. I think we can get by with what we've got plus a mid-round player like Bell, Taylor or Ball. Lacy is good but I wouldn't be comfortable taking him in the first.

jsthomp2007 wrote:
OrangeNBlue86#2 wrote:

That must have been the Broncos philosophy last year when they passed over Doug Martin.

Honestly I think he was one of the players we were targeting. When we traded down I think they were shocked at Dove Valley when Tampa Bay took him. I think he was someone they thought would last to #35 but they got caught with their pants down when the Bucs took him.

Or, you could be right and Elway shares the same view I do on the RB position and its value in the draft.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: