Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want At #28?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Who Do You Want At #28? Reply with quote

I think we're done making major moves in veteran free agency. Maybe we make more significant signing (a RB?) and we still need to resolve the Dumervil issue, but I think what we've done this week us a clearer picture of which direction we can go in the draft.

So, who do you want at 28 and why?

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the BPA. But right now, I'd pick a Running Back or Pass Rusher.

I'll go with Eddie Lacy. Might be a bit of a reach but McGahee is old and injured and fumbles constantly. Moreno can't be trusted. Hillman is a speed/change of pace guy. Yes, I know RB's in the first round are stupid, especially with Peyton Manning. But there are times where you just have to run the ball. No matter who your QB is. I don't think we have a guy on the roster who can do that. When McGahee is given that opportunity, he fumbles. Plus we'll still have Lacy and Hillman together for when Osweiler takes over in 2014 or 2015.

Look at the game against Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Look at the NE game last year.

Lacy gives us a durable between the tackles power runner who goes good with Ronnie Hillman.

If we get rid of Dumervil, no chance we don't pickup a Right Defensive End. Probably someone like Damontre Moore. Even though his combine was in many shambles.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you go with Lacy, hopefuly after a small trade down. I hate the idea of another 1st round RB, but Lacy may be the BPA. People cite how good his line was, but watching him play downfield really shows that the guy has a good deal of shift for his size and can really truck folk.

Its very tempting to go with Eifert but IMO Elway has 'his guy' there in Virgil Green. Its clear that he doesnt like giving up on his picks so IMO he probably sees Green as the future at TE.
bailey24broncos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Elam ( if he falls to us)

I think he can have the most immediate impact on our defense covering tight ends and playing the run. He is an emotional guy and I think he can be the leader of this defense with a few years of experience. I would like to take a middle linebacker, but there aren't any worth taking in the first unless Ogletree is there. I would take Elam just because he would help our team the most in pass coverage and run support.

1.Matt Elam
2.Stepfan Taylor
3. Jordan Poyer
4. Joseph fauria

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bailey24broncos wrote:

I think he can have the most immediate impact on our defense covering tight ends and playing the run. He is an emotional guy and I think he can be the leader of this defense with a few years of experience. I would like to take a middle linebacker, but there aren't any worth taking in the first unless Ogletree is there. I would take Elam just because he would help our team the most in pass coverage and run support.

1.Matt Elam
2.Stepfan Taylor
3. Jordan Poyer
4. Joseph fauria
I don't want to see Matt Elam try and defend Gronkowski in the playoffs. Stepfan Taylor is meh.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
b_rent87

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say of who may be there... In the following order

Trade the Pick for a 1st next year
Tank Carradine
Tyler Eifert
Kawann Short
Eddie Lacy

Baccari Rambo
Shamarko Thomas

Props to Jamison on the sig
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Do You Want At #28? Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
So, who do you want at 28 and why?

Assuming the Broncos don't trade down from #28 (I think they will), I'd go with one of the DEs:
- Damontre Moore (Texas A&M) 6'5" 250lb
He has experience as a 4-3 DE. Good size and quickness.
- Datone Jones (UCLA) 6'4" 280lb
Kind of a tweener. Stronger but slower than Moore.
- Alex Okafor (Texas) 6'5" 265lb
Good player, not a speed-rusher
- Sam Montgomery (LSU) 6'3" 260lb
Good measurables.
- Ezekiel Ansah (BYU) 6'5" 270lb
Freakish athleticism. Raw skills.

These 5 DEs sould be available in the late first round.
bailey24broncos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
bailey24broncos wrote:

1.Matt Elam
2.Stepfan Taylor
3. Jordan Poyer
4. Joseph fauria
I don't want to see Matt Elam try and defend Gronkowski in the playoffs. Stepfan Taylor is meh.
who would you want to cover gronk then? I agree that's a scary matchup due to height but that's with everyone. I can see your concerns. maybe Lacy in the first and Reid in the second?

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our remaining needs I see as follows:

S)

Elam makes a lot of sense. Cyprien, too. The latter I like more because of his size but we could not go wrong with either one of them.

RB)

Lacy is too physical for his make-up; history of nagging injuries. Give me Bell in the 2nd. Perhaps selected too early, but oh well, so would be Lacy at 28. Stepfan Taylor would work in our offense as well, but I'd rather go after prospects with the potential of another Edgerrin James than simply Joseph Addai. Taylor would 'only' resemble the type of RB Addai was.

DE)

Damontre Moore would be nice if he falls all the way to the end of the 1st. College production seldomly lies. Tank Carradine would entice me, too. Dantone Jones has the (scheme) versatility JDR covets.

So at 28, safety or defensive end should be our choice!

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Elam at 28. There is a chance he will be there and we need to infuse talent in our safety corps. I dont see Adams being around after this season. So why not bring in another guy right now to get a season under his belt.

I would take Montee Ball in the 2nd round.

In the third, I go with a DE with an eye toward replacing DOOM in the future.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply want the best player available at any position other than:

QB
WR
OL - I don't mind finding depth later on but not in the first round
SLB

Anything else we could either add rotation or a future starter imo

I wouldn't be opposed to trading up for Kenny Vaccaro, maybe a DE if the Dumervil situation isn't rectified.
germ-x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, i want a great physical talent with high upside on the defensive side of the ball. Though, i don't know that one would be of great value at that pick, Tank Carradine and Jonathan Cyprien does come to mind though.

Based on what Denver's targets seem to be, i agree with many in the belief that Eddie Lacy could be very high (if not at the top) of Denver's wish list. He is a player that can come in and play a large role from day 1 on this team. I know some question him, and i don't know that he will ever be a top tier RB in the league, but he has a very well rounded game and can run between the tackles in Denver.
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these players for me

Kawann Short (Could have immediate impact creating inside pressure in nickle defense)
Jonathan Cyprien (Has showed teams alot in post-season workouts, might not be ready to start this year)
Matt Elam (Elam has good coverage skills. Height is a concern against 6-5 TE's)
Alex Okafor (Most pro ready DE in draft, but upside is limited)
Eddie Lacy (Would have instant impact and pair well with Hillman)
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO our 2 biggest needs are S and MLB but then im hoping we can sign adrian wilson in free agency then either trade down and take reddick

If tavon is still there i dont think we can pass on him hes not a strictly WR and will be dangerous for us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: