Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A different Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
How is this "A Different Mock"? This is identical to every mock now a days. Broncos fans are gushing over Eddie Lacy. Yuck.
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

Eddie Lacy is a solid power back between the tackles. Faster than you give him credit for. Yes, he had a great OL. But still. He's better than Ingram but not Trent Richardson.

You mean the same Trent Richardson that had a 3.6 YPC and didnt reach 1,000 yards? Oh yeah, he was worth a top-5 pick for sure!

Lacy is average. He doesnt have elite speed, nor elite quickness. Hes not the strongest, nor the toughest. Hes like (almost) every single Alabama player that plays in the NFL today. Theyre all a product of an excellent football program (pains me to say it) and playing with extraordinary COLLEGE TALENT.

The Trent Richardson who WAS THE WHOLE BROWNS OFFENSE AND THE ONLY STARTING CALIBER SKILL PLAYER?!

You seriously give no credit. No to mention he was playing through broken ribs and knee injuries. So ignorant. The only good run blockers they have are Alex Mack and a rookie, Mitchell Schwartz.

So ignorant and biased.

So what do you tell to the ACTUAL NFL scouts that say hes nothing more than a average player? Do you call them ignorant too? You left out Joe Thomas, so that makes 3/5 of a very solid line. Simmer down and stop offering up excuses. Richardson had a lower YPC than Hardesty. Whats your excuse there?

Listen. You may be right. Im probably right. Lets just call it what it is. But dont call me names. I guarantee Ive watched more football in my teams film room over the last month than you have over the last year. Difference of opinion happens all the time. Learn to deal with it. You cant change other peoples opinions. The sooner you realize that the better your life will be.

Lacy is no better than an average NFL RB. Id take 2 RB's over him (Ellington and Bernard) this year. Just calling it as I see it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Broncos fans are gushing over Eddie Lacy. Yuck.

This!

b_rent87 wrote:
Denver trades #28 to the Bills for their 3rd and a 1st next year.
Denver trades #58 and #90 and a 5th next year to the Cardinals for #38

#38 (from Cards) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama

#71 (from Bills) Alex Okafor DE UT

#126 Shawn Williams S UGA

AAA what is ur twiter acct if u have one....like to follow all broncos insiders

#161 Jordan Hill DT Penn State

#240 Branden Smith CB UGA

Buffalo doesn't make that trade. Marrone needs picks to put his stamp on the team, they'll want their first next year.

I think Lacy will be a good player, but I think we can get a better player at a more important position with our top pick and take a RB in the 3rd.

We already have Alex Okafor on the team, his name is Robert Ayers.
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
How is this "A Different Mock"? This is identical to every mock now a days. Broncos fans are gushing over Eddie Lacy. Yuck.
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

Eddie Lacy is a solid power back between the tackles. Faster than you give him credit for. Yes, he had a great OL. But still. He's better than Ingram but not Trent Richardson.

You mean the same Trent Richardson that had a 3.6 YPC and didnt reach 1,000 yards? Oh yeah, he was worth a top-5 pick for sure!

Lacy is average. He doesnt have elite speed, nor elite quickness. Hes not the strongest, nor the toughest. Hes like (almost) every single Alabama player that plays in the NFL today. Theyre all a product of an excellent football program (pains me to say it) and playing with extraordinary COLLEGE TALENT.

Alabama is also playing against extraordinary college talent. His best games were against defenses that possess an awful lot of high profile defensive players.

I don't think Lacy is anything special, but i also don't think he is trash. He's fully capable of having a good YPC as well as being a 3 down RB.

As far as Richardson, if you watched the Browns you would realize their entire offense was a joke. Not only that, the dude played 2 months of the season with broken ribs. I have never had them, but saw an uncle with them and they seemed damn near unbearable. I can't imagine playing running back in the NFL with such an injury, especially in Cleveland where Richardson was the only real threat and the key to the offense, even at 3.6 YPC.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

The Trent Richardson who WAS THE WHOLE BROWNS OFFENSE AND THE ONLY STARTING CALIBER SKILL PLAYER?!

You seriously give no credit. No to mention he was playing through broken ribs and knee injuries. So ignorant. The only good run blockers they have are Alex Mack and a rookie, Mitchell Schwartz.

So ignorant and biased.

So what do you tell to the ACTUAL NFL scouts that say hes nothing more than a average player? Do you call them ignorant too? You left out Joe Thomas, so that makes 3/5 of a very solid line. Simmer down and stop offering up excuses. Richardson had a lower YPC than Hardesty. Whats your excuse there?

Listen. You may be right. Im probably right. Lets just call it what it is. But dont call me names. I guarantee Ive watched more football in my teams film room over the last month than you have over the last year. Difference of opinion happens all the time. Learn to deal with it. You cant change other peoples opinions. The sooner you realize that the better your life will be.

Lacy is no better than an average NFL RB. Id take 2 RB's over him (Ellington and Bernard) this year. Just calling it as I see it.

I left out Thomas because he's not a good run blocker. I didn't call you names. I just think your opinion contains ignorance.

Really? He had a lower YPC than Hardesty? God forbid. He also had way more carries and when Richardson was on the field, people knew who was getting the ball. The Hardesty excuse is an absolute joke.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

Alabama is also playing against extraordinary college talent. His best games were against defenses that possess an awful lot of high profile defensive players.

I don't think Lacy is anything special, but i also don't think he is trash. He's fully capable of having a good YPC as well as being a 3 down RB.

As far as Richardson, if you watched the Browns you would realize their entire offense was a joke. Not only that, the dude played 2 months of the season with broken ribs. I have never had them, but saw an uncle with them and they seemed damn near unbearable. I can't imagine playing running back in the NFL with such an injury, especially in Cleveland where Richardson was the only real threat and the key to the offense, even at 3.6 YPC.

This is what I mean^ He provides facts on why he didn't fufill his full potential. And with solid reason. He just doesn't look at his stat sheet on nfl.com and say he's average or he sucks.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

He wasnt the only real threat germ. Weeden threw for 3K+ yards. Little is a good WR as is Gordon. Sure the Browns arent very good, and Im not saying they are, but to say Trent was anything special is simply wrong.

I disagree that Lacy is a 3-down back. Nothing about his straight project him to be that. Hes a Beanie Wells clone.

To argue your point on the talent he player.... Whats your excuse for a guy like Julio Jones? AJ Green? Patrick Peterson? They all played in the SEC and were all drafted high like Trent but all performed on their respective bad teams. Dont give excuse because you disagree with my opinions.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

He wasnt the only real threat germ. Weeden threw for 3K+ yards. Little is a good WR as is Gordon. Sure the Browns arent very good, and Im not saying they are, but to say Trent was anything special is simply wrong.

I disagree that Lacy is a 3-down back. Nothing about his straight project him to be that. Hes a Beanie Wells clone.

To argue your point on the talent he player.... Whats your excuse for a guy like Julio Jones? AJ Green? Patrick Peterson? They all played in the SEC and were all drafted high like Trent but all performed on their respective bad teams. Dont give excuse because you disagree with my opinions.

Cornerback don't depend on an offensive line to play good. Andy Dalton isn't completely inept and was a pretty prospect than Trent Richardson anyway. Julio Jones is on a bad team? That's news to me.

Josh Gordon has potential. Greg Little can't catch. Brandon Weeden also isn't good enough to make me respect his arm or his play enough to not be 8-9 guys in the box to stop Richardson.
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JerseysFinest27"]
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I don't care how many yards Weeden threw for, nevermind that throwing for 3000 isn't a monumental achievement. Greg Little isn't a reliable receiver and i wouldn't consider him anything more than an average #2. Now Josh Gordon has some potential and big play ability. It will be interesting to see how he develops, but even then, the Browns passing attack of Weeden, Gordon, Little, and their below average TE's was dreadful.

I've also never claimed that Trent Richardson was anything special, so i have no idea where that came from.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

What doesn't project him to be that? Lacy is a solid all around player. His size/explosiveness make him capable of being an effective runner, while he is also a solid receiver out of the backfield. He also has the makings of becoming an effective blocker out of the backfield. By 3 down player i don't mean a workhorse RB, but instead mean he is fully capable of being on the field in any situation.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

1. Julio Jones has played on a bad team in the NFL? What? Laughing
2. None of those 3 players have played on an offensive or defensive unit as pitiful as the Browns offense last season.

I haven't given an excuse i have given legitimate reasons as to why you are wrong. Instead you continue blowing smoke out your arse using your bias against Alabama to try and bring their prospects down...and have done so using some rather poor examples and a huge lack in any sort of analysis.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="germ-x"]
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I don't care how many yards Weeden threw for, nevermind that throwing for 3000 isn't a monumental achievement. Greg Little isn't a reliable receiver and i wouldn't consider him anything more than an average #2. Now Josh Gordon has some potential and big play ability. It will be interesting to see how he develops, but even then, the Browns passing attack of Weeden, Gordon, Little, and their below average TE's was dreadful.

I've also never claimed that Trent Richardson was anything special, so i have no idea where that came from.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

What doesn't project him to be that? Lacy is a solid all around player. His size/explosiveness make him capable of being an effective runner, while he is also a solid receiver out of the backfield. He also has the makings of becoming an effective blocker out of the backfield. By 3 down player i don't mean a workhorse RB, but instead mean he is fully capable of being on the field in any situation.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

1. Julio Jones has played on a bad team in the NFL? What? Laughing
2. None of those 3 players have played on an offensive or defensive unit as pitiful as the Browns offense last season.

I haven't given an excuse i have given legitimate reasons as to why you are wrong. Instead you continue blowing smoke out your arse using your bias against Alabama to try and bring their prospects down...and have done so using some rather poor examples and a huge lack in any sort of analysis.

Reminds me of the Nick Fairley/Marcel Dareus Debates.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I really get started into Alabama players in the NFL?

Hows Marcel Dareus? James Carpenter? Mark Ingram? Rolando McClain? Kareem Jackson? Do I really have to continue... Overrated.

Lets start here and end here... I have tons of respect for the Alabama program. Just because I root for their arch rival doesnt mean I cant call a spade. The program is elite, not the players. Identifying the players as anything more than that shows poor analysis. Not saying YOU but merely anyone. (almost) every player is a product of that system. Theyre in a system that dominates every team, not players that dominate.

I really dont think youve watched Lacy play if you are defending his work out of the backfield or his pass protection. Hes sub-par in both. Then partner that with his slow feet and poor top end speed. Hes also way too brittle to be taken in the 1st, let alone his very average skills.

I really dont know why I mentioned Julio and playing on a bad team. That was a product of staying up late the last 3 nights for work and practice. But you cannot argue that Arizonas defense and ST's werent terrible before Peterson came in nor that Cincy had an threat to its receiver core before he got there. They were bottom-5 worst in both categories. Sure the Browns suck, doesnt mean Trent Richardson is any better. What would you say about Cam Newton then? SEC player and went to the worst offensive team in the NFL in 2010. Whats the excuse now..

If you want to know my analysis capabilities... Ill be in the film room at red banks football film room from 6-9pm every night for the next 3 weeks before spring ball starts. Meet me there. We just got done studying Texas A&M's offense and Im fully capable of showing you tape instead of all this pounding your chest because I give a different opinion then you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy to me looks like a poor man's Marion Barber.

Kareem Jackson had a good season last year by the way.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Reminds me of the Nick Fairley/Marcel Dareus Debates.

Thats funny because I came out right on that one too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify something posted ^

Hardesty had a higher YPC because be hit the holes harder and didn't dance. Trent was also hurt and our guards are terrible run blockers. Also Greg Little didn't drop any passes after Josh Gordon became the starter. Greg can become a damn good player, especially since he will play the slot now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Hows Marcel Dareus? James Carpenter? Mark Ingram? Rolando McClain? Kareem Jackson? Do I really have to continue... Overrated.

Lets start here and end here... I have tons of respect for the Alabama program. Just because I root for their arch rival doesnt mean I cant call a spade. The program is elite, not the players. Identifying the players as anything more than that shows poor analysis. Not saying YOU but merely anyone. (almost) every player is a product of that system. Theyre in a system that dominates every team, not players that dominate.

I really dont think youve watched Lacy play if you are defending his work out of the backfield or his pass protection. Hes sub-par in both. Then partner that with his slow feet and poor top end speed. Hes also way too brittle to be taken in the 1st, let alone his very average skills.

I really dont know why I mentioned Julio and playing on a bad team. That was a product of staying up late the last 3 nights for work and practice. But you cannot argue that Arizonas defense and ST's werent terrible before Peterson came in nor that Cincy had an threat to its receiver core before he got there. They were bottom-5 worst in both categories. Sure the Browns suck, doesnt mean Trent Richardson is any better. What would you say about Cam Newton then? SEC player and went to the worst offensive team in the NFL in 2010. Whats the excuse now..

If you want to know my analysis capabilities... Ill be in the film room at red banks football film room from 6-9pm every night for the next 3 weeks before spring ball starts. Meet me there. We just got done studying Texas A&M's offense and Im fully capable of showing you tape instead of all this pounding your chest because I give a different opinion then you.

I haven't been pounding my chest. You are the one that got defensive because i didn't agree with you opinion and then had to make a comment about making excuses because of it.

Your main complaint over Eddie Lacy is because he comes from Alabama as opposed to providing evidence as to why he won't be a capable NFL player. In almost every post you bring up that he is from Alabama and have a list of supposed failures, or bring up other SEC players and their successes. To be honest, i really don't care and have never brought any of that up because it doesn't matter.

Again, as i have stated before i feel that Eddie Lacy's skill set will fit well in the NFL and with the Denver Broncos. I don't think he will be anything special in the NFL at RB, but i do think he can be a strong and steady player for a long time. From what i have seen he has good vision, runs hard and with power, can churn out yards after contact, has decent ability to make players miss for his size, i think he is solid out of the backfield, and is fully capable of developing into a good pass protector at the position. What keeps him from being an elite RB or even a feature back is that he doesn't have great speed and he isn't incredibly explosive.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I haven't been pounding my chest. You are the one that got defensive because i didn't agree with you opinion and then had to make a comment about making excuses because of it.

Your main complaint over Eddie Lacy is because he comes from Alabama as opposed to providing evidence as to why he won't be a capable NFL player. In almost every post you bring up that he is from Alabama and have a list of supposed failures, or bring up other SEC players and their successes. To be honest, i really don't care and have never brought any of that up because it doesn't matter.

Again, as i have stated before i feel that Eddie Lacy's skill set will fit well in the NFL and with the Denver Broncos. I don't think he will be anything special in the NFL at RB, but i do think he can be a strong and steady player for a long time. From what i have seen he has good vision, runs hard and with power, can churn out yards after contact, has decent ability to make players miss for his size, i think he is solid out of the backfield, and is fully capable of developing into a good pass protector at the position. What keeps him from being an elite RB or even a feature back is that he doesn't have great speed and he isn't incredibly explosive.

germ, doesnt everyone say you dont draft a USC QB high? Or that Penn St LBers always come well coached? Or that Wisconsin and Michigan breed solid OL? All these teams are categorized throughout the NFL based on their history at particular positions. Whether you want to believe that or not is on you.

Also, I have no problem that you disagree with my opinion or that you think a player is better than I do. But I will still respect it. Remember that.

Final question: Would you be comfortable drafting Eddie Lacy in the 1st?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: