Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A different Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_rent87

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: A different Mock Reply with quote

Denver trades #28 to the Bills for their 3rd and a 1st next year.
Denver trades #58 and #90 and a 5th next year to the Cardinals for #38

#38 (from Cards) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama

#71 (from Bills) Alex Okafor DE UT

#126 Shawn Williams S UGA

#161 Jordan Hill DT Penn State

#240 Branden Smith CB UGA

Props to Jamison on the sig
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really like Okafor. He reminds me alot of Ayers. He will be solid, but we need a all out pass rushing DE.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's right, Okafor is an Ayers clone but more productive. He's not good enough as a pass rusher for me.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
b_rent87

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
He's right, Okafor is an Ayers clone but more productive. He's not good enough as a pass rusher for me.

Who would you take at #71 then?

Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

I have Sam Montgomery falling there and would gladly take him.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
b_rent87

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

I have Sam Montgomery falling there and would gladly take him.

He was the other guy I was considering.

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this "A Different Mock"? This is identical to every mock now a days. Broncos fans are gushing over Eddie Lacy. Yuck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like trading this years first we are a hybrid team in a win now mode/get young players for the future. If anything I think we trade down. Whoever supports the trade for next years first better of not of disliked the Oz pick last year.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
How is this "A Different Mock"? This is identical to every mock now a days. Broncos fans are gushing over Eddie Lacy. Yuck.
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

Eddie Lacy is a solid power back between the tackles. Faster than you give him credit for. Yes, he had a great OL. But still. He's better than Ingram but not Trent Richardson.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

Eddie Lacy is a solid power back between the tackles. Faster than you give him credit for. Yes, he had a great OL. But still. He's better than Ingram but not Trent Richardson.

You mean the same Trent Richardson that had a 3.6 YPC and didnt reach 1,000 yards? Oh yeah, he was worth a top-5 pick for sure!

Lacy is average. He doesnt have elite speed, nor elite quickness. Hes not the strongest, nor the toughest. Hes like (almost) every single Alabama player that plays in the NFL today. Theyre all a product of an excellent football program (pains me to say it) and playing with extraordinary COLLEGE TALENT.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Broncos fans are gushing over Eddie Lacy. Yuck.

This!

b_rent87 wrote:
Denver trades #28 to the Bills for their 3rd and a 1st next year.
Denver trades #58 and #90 and a 5th next year to the Cardinals for #38

#38 (from Cards) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama

#71 (from Bills) Alex Okafor DE UT

#126 Shawn Williams S UGA

#161 Jordan Hill DT Penn State

#240 Branden Smith CB UGA

Buffalo doesn't make that trade. Marrone needs picks to put his stamp on the team, they'll want their first next year.

I think Lacy will be a good player, but I think we can get a better player at a more important position with our top pick and take a RB in the 3rd.

We already have Alex Okafor on the team, his name is Robert Ayers.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Lacy will be a good player, but I think we can get a better player at a more important position with our top pick and take a RB in the 3rd.

I really think that Lacy's affiliation with Ingram and Richardson is causing some to underrate him. People talk about the other 'power backs' in this class but Eddie is far and away the best.

Le'Veon Bell doesnt play nearly as tough as he looks.

Christine Michael is a walking injury (Ya, we really need another RB like that) who played with two top 5 OT's and a QB that relied a spy every play (Taking pressure off Christine).

Montee Ball has 1,000+ carries, isnt great in pass protection and played with a comparable line to Lacy.

Stepfan Taylor showed worse athleticism at the combine than any successful RB in recent history, and he played on a OL with NFL talent.

I am not a huge die hard 'DRAFT LACY IN THE FIRST' guy, but he is far and away the best fit for this team. He has low miles, runs very tough (He has holes open from his OL but watch his toughness at the second level, great spin move and knows when to initiate contact and when to evade) and has decent hands.

I want him as a Bronco, but only with a trade down. He should be available between picks 30-45 IMO.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Says the Auburn Fanatic.

You mean the same Trent Richardson that had a 3.6 YPC and didnt reach 1,000 yards? Oh yeah, he was worth a top-5 pick for sure!

Lacy is average. He doesnt have elite speed, nor elite quickness. Hes not the strongest, nor the toughest. Hes like (almost) every single Alabama player that plays in the NFL today. Theyre all a product of an excellent football program (pains me to say it) and playing with extraordinary COLLEGE TALENT.

The Trent Richardson who WAS THE WHOLE BROWNS OFFENSE AND THE ONLY STARTING CALIBER SKILL PLAYER?!

You seriously give no credit. No to mention he was playing through broken ribs and knee injuries. So ignorant. The only good run blockers they have are Alex Mack and a rookie, Mitchell Schwartz.

So ignorant and biased.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

I really think that Lacy's affiliation with Ingram and Richardson is causing some to underrate him. People talk about the other 'power backs' in this class but Eddie is far and away the best.

Le'Veon Bell doesnt play nearly as tough as he looks.

Christine Michael is a walking injury (Ya, we really need another RB like that) who played with two top 5 OT's and a QB that relied a spy every play (Taking pressure off Christine).

Montee Ball has 1,000+ carries, isnt great in pass protection and played with a comparable line to Lacy.

Stepfan Taylor showed worse athleticism at the combine than any successful RB in recent history, and he played on a OL with NFL talent.

I am not a huge die hard 'DRAFT LACY IN THE FIRST' guy, but he is far and away the best fit for this team. He has low miles, runs very tough (He has holes open from his OL but watch his toughness at the second level, great spin move and knows when to initiate contact and when to evade) and has decent hands.

I want him as a Bronco, but only with a trade down. He should be available between picks 30-45 IMO

This, and if we don't fill Dumervil's spot by resigning him or signing or trading for someone else, I'll prefer we get a Pass Rusher who isn't as bad against the run to replace him in the first round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: