Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Round pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want?
Barrett Jones
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
D.J. Flunker
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Xavier Rhodes
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Justin Hunter
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Demontre Moore
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Kawann Short
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Tavan Austin
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Robert Woods
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

PeytonFan18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooche wrote:
Jonathan Cooper.

Yeah, that would be nice but you have to think there's a reason the writer of the poll put up Jones and not Cooper.

He's probably not going to be there at pick 24.

As for Jones, I just don't see the first round grade. Probably mid 2nd round is more appropriate ... certainly not 24. You have to be a pretty special talent at centre (or guard for that matter) to earn that grade. Just don't see it.

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeytonFan18 wrote:
Mooche wrote:
Jonathan Cooper.

Yeah, that would be nice but you have to think there's a reason the writer of the poll put up Jones and not Cooper.

He's probably not going to be there at pick 24.

As for Jones, I just don't see the first round grade. Probably mid 2nd round is more appropriate ... certainly not 24. You have to be a pretty special talent at centre (or guard for that matter) to earn that grade. Just don't see it.

I'm warming up to the idea of Rhodes. I like his ability to press/man and despite our CB signings, in today's league, you can never have too many good CBs or pass rushers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I think its going to be receiver. Probably not breaking news there considering Irsay tweeted that we were in negotiations to sign a significant receiver.

However, I think there could be pretty decent value at pick 24 with only Patterson and Austin likely picked before there. Then we're looking at multiple options:

Justin Hunter: 6' 4", 196 lbs and 4.44 speed. Hunter has the measurables to be a #1 WR in this league. Though he is still a work in progress, a year or two learning how to be a professional, and the nuances of the WR position by a guy like Reggie Wayne could make Hunter the best WR out of this class.

Keenan Allen: 6' 2", 206 lbs and big 10" hands. Allen fits best in a west coast style offense where he can use his big body and natural hands. Has some RB like skills after the catch. Could fit very well with Pep Hamilton's style, but may not have the deep speed coveted by most teams.

DeAndre Hopkins: 6' 1", 214 lbs, 10" hands and 4.57 speed. Pro day 40 will have to be better, but this is a big bodied guy who catches the ball naturally.

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: