Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm getting impatient..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Man I gotta be honest, I don't see Rhodes as a good fit for our Deff.
He is much more of a Man to Man / Bruising thug than a nimble tactician neede in our 4/3 zone.

Sug

I'm not a huge Rhodes fan....I watch a lot of FSU football (wife is an alum) and Rhodes never stood out, we never memorable in any game. I watched a UF game and Elam was noticeable I would find myself mentioning him...."That Elam is a freaking Manimal"....I never did that with Rhodes. He may be very good and had all the intangibles, but if I'm drafting in the top 15 I want a player that makes an impact.....a noticeable impact...

Yeah both my parents are/were alums too.
If we were playing the 3/4 Deff I would be more inclined but unfortunately we don't so ...

Besides the Big - Thug Bruiser CB playing press are "a flag waiting to happen" in today's NFL.
You even look at a WR funny & it's un sportsman like conduct.

It is so much easier to identify nimble footed CBs that are smart enough to play zone.

Vontae Davis = not smart enough to play zone
Sean Smith = not nimble footed / can't catch a cold

We need something in between

sug
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:
He is much more of a Man to Man / Bruising thug than a nimble tactician neede in our 4/3 zone.

Sug

I'm not a huge Rhodes fan....I watch a lot of FSU football (wife is an alum) and Rhodes never stood out, we never memorable in any game. I watched a UF game and Elam was noticeable I would find myself mentioning him...."That Elam is a freaking Manimal"....I never did that with Rhodes. He may be very good and had all the intangibles, but if I'm drafting in the top 15 I want a player that makes an impact.....a noticeable impact...

I can't say I know anythign about Rhodes to be honest, but for the most part the less you notice a CB, the better job he is usually doing. Generally that means that nobody is even daring to throw the ball his way cause he has blanket coverage. That's the sort of thing you wouldn't notice unless you watched him specifically on every play for a couple of different games that he played a team with a strong passing game and a great QB.

But I do think we need a guy that fits our scheme and I see a few second round guys people have talked about on here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Sug

I can't say I know anythign about Rhodes to be honest, but for the most part the less you notice a CB, the better job he is usually doing. Generally that means that nobody is even daring to throw the ball his way cause he has blanket coverage. That's the sort of thing you wouldn't notice unless you watched him specifically on every play for a couple of different games that he played a team with a strong passing game and a great QB.

But I do think we need a guy that fits our scheme and I see a few second round guys people have talked about on here.

He wasn't a shut down corner and benefited quite a bit from having perhaps the best pass rush in college football. By noticeable I mean he wasn't a play maker (or maybe he didn't get the opportunity because the QB's were normally running for their lives and checked down more often then not). For me I just don't see him as a top 15 player....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Sug

Yeah in my opinion anyone of the philosophy that a CBs value compares to that of a top 15 draft pk pass rusher is likely to stop at at a drugstore to stock up on bandaides on his way to a gunfight ... Rolling Eyes

Priorities & Value
Sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Sug

Yeah in my opinion anyone of the philosophy that a CBs value compares to that of a top 15 draft pk pass rusher is likely to stop at at a drugstore to stock up on bandaides on his way to a gunfight ... Rolling Eyes

Priorities & Value
Sug

A QB rushing a throw does wonders to make a DB look good....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Sug

If we were playing the 3/4 Deff I would be more inclined but unfortunately we don't so ...

Besides the Big - Thug Bruiser CB playing press are "a flag waiting to happen" in today's NFL.

It is so much easier to identify nimble footed CBs that are smart enough to play zone.

sug

And here you go, not 24 hrs after I posted my opinion.
Not that I am some wizard or anything like that but it's obvious he doesn't necessarily fit the
scheme we are currently operating under.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/03/dolphins-have-opened-some-draft-possibilities-closed-others.html

CB - Rhodes is a nice fit for a 3/4 Deff.

sug
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
SUG wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Sug

sug

Not that I am some wizard or anything like that but it's obvious he doesn't necessarily fit the

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/03/dolphins-have-opened-some-draft-possibilities-closed-others.html

sug

This is why I like a trade down for Trufant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
SUG wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Sug

sug

sug
I got a gut feeling as I explained a week ago if a player like sheldon richardson is there BPA they will take him. A different type DT we have had here one who penetrates the backfield like geno atkins. wake starks odrick richardson causing havic
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we draft either a WR or CB in round 1 while we have Philbin as our HC, Sherman as our OC and Coyle as our DC. Coyle has made a habit of making okay CBs pretty good. We don't need top tier talent at CB. We have the safeties, LBers, and DTs.. now we need another top flight DE and some solid CBs.

OL remains the biggest concern for me. Although I think Ireland has set it up so that we can go BPA in the draft.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I doubt we draft either a WR or CB in round 1 while we have Philbin as our HC, Sherman as our OC and Coyle as our DC. Coyle has made a habit of making okay CBs pretty good. We don't need top tier talent at CB. We have the safeties, LBers, and DTs.. now we need another top flight DE and some solid CBs.

OL remains the biggest concern for me. Although I think Ireland has set it up so that we can go BPA in the draft.

I think we'd be fools not to come out of pk #12 without a top tier OL or Pass Rushing DE.

CB can wait till selection #2B or 3rd rnd
Hell even Nolan Carroll wasn't selected nearly that high he finds a way on to the field. Were talkin a bunch of Nickle CBs/Safetys here for the love of Jobe !

sug
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very possible if we sign Winston and grimes and Ireland goes BPA at 12 it could come down to Johnathon Cooper or Sheldon Richardson. Ireland loves D-lineman and Starks and Soliai are getting up there and in contract years and Richardson whole game is based off quickness and penetrating and he can get into the backfield from anywhere on the line.

I could live with a LT martin LG cooper C pouncey RG incognito RT winston line
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

People always say the WR thing based on the history of Green Bay, but I don't recall there being a bunch of first round world beaters on their O-lines either?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green bay drafted O-LINE in 1st round back to back years in 2010 and 2011 are they world beaters that remains to be seen I guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: