Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We have 5 QB's all "fighting for a spot"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
5 dudes who are cover a wide spectrum of skill-sets but none of whom are that great of NFL quarterbacks.

Vick sucks if you ask him to play fundamental quarterback. Which is totally insane because that just happens to be the position he plays. And don't tell me about Vick somehow becoming the golden child for the "option offense", the reason teams are going toward those types of offenses with your RG3s, Wilsons and Kaepernicks is because they did it in college and so they had a familiarity with it. Did Vick even run that in college? He certainly hasn't done it at the pro level, so to preclude that he already will make an easy transition to that style of offense is hopeful at best.

Dixon has accomplished nothing.

Edwards has accomplished nothing.

Foles has accomplished nothing.

And as it stands Kinne is nothing.

I doubt the media makes a big deal of our QB situation, it's really not that interesting because all five guys are not interesting.

1st -Yes Vick did run the option in College. He also ran an option hybrid offense in Atlanta the year they went to the NFC championship. It was frowned upon in those days.

2nd- Dixion for a back up accomplished the ultimate goal. He saved out season one year. They year Big Ben was suspended for 5 games..he helped us win some important games untill he got hurt.

3rd- I recently got a promotion and i haven't been paying attention to the off season like I usually do. I knew Dixion was out there..but i had no idea where he was going.

4th- So, I want my back up QB back. Return him in 24 hours. He is on the wrong side of Penn State. Return him now. Seriously.

5th- All this talk about option..i knew it would work years ago..but still..you need a line to run the option also. No more qb threads until you get a Oline..capeesh!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:

5th- All this talk about option..i knew it would work years ago..but still..you need a line to run the option also. No more qb threads until you get a Oline..capeesh!

I feel like we have a pretty decent O-Line. Better then the other team in PA at least... ha.

But in all seriousness, Peters-Mathis-Kelce is a good start. If we draft an OT and move the Todfather inside, I don't see how that isn't a good starting O-Line. I would be happy with it, as long as we add depth at G and T.
Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

I feel like we have a pretty decent O-Line. Better then the other team in PA at least... ha.

But in all seriousness, Peters-Mathis-Kelce is a good start. If we draft an OT and move the Todfather inside, I don't see how that isn't a good starting O-Line. I would be happy with it, as long as we add depth at G and T.

Yea our OL is solid, we just need to stay healthy. I'm thinking we'll end up signing Eric Winston so we can put him at RT which would move Herremans back inside, where I think he's better suited anyway. If that were to occur, our OL would look like:

Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Herremans-Winston

As I said, we just need to stay healthy. I'd still like to draft an OT within the first 3 rounds, I'm not ready to rely on Peters after coming off the ACL injuries.

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Anyone else? No just me? Alright
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our line was great and better than yours..it's our Andy Reid wanna be of an OC that hindered us. Plus we had some injuries too..decastro is going to be a beast.

I do like your line coming in those..what happened to that og you draft early last year though..was he from baylor? i forget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
Our line was great and better than yours..it's our Andy Reid wanna be of an OC that hindered us. Plus we had some injuries too..decastro is going to be a beast.

I do like your line coming in those..what happened to that og you draft early last year though..was he from baylor? i forget

Our offensive line was ranked second in the league last time it was healthy. That was with danny watkins being garbage at guard.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:

Watkins is pretty bad, but it'll help him to play in a more balanced offense. He can be a decent run blocker.

I'm very confident in the other four starters, assuming they're healthy (Mathis was the only one who didn't have a season-ending injury last year). We do need to draft at least one OL, but that's more for depth/the future than an immediate need -- though it would certainly be nice to be able to bench Watkins.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
2 QB system.

Foles in the Patriots offense. Dixon or Vick in the oregon offense, winning

Chip don't do da 2 QB bizness.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 201 rush yds(9.6), 235 rec yds(13.1), 3 TDs
Tyner: 175 rush yds(4.4), 31 rec yds(4.4), 1 TD
Freeman: 261 rush yds(5.4), 33 rec yds(11.0), 5 TDs
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of those guys are camp bodies.

And we will know a lot more about the situation depending on who the Eagles draft.

If they take an EJ Manuel then Foles is probably gone. If they don't take a QB then Foles will still compete with Vick.

Vick has the edge because the added element of the zone read that is simply not a threat with Foles in the game.

Chip Kelly's playbook in the NFL won't be 100% zone read but with a Foles it would have to be 0% zone read which would completely take away an element of success and familiarity.

Basically it's Vick's job to lose.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Vick wrote:

And we will know a lot more about the situation depending on who the Eagles draft.

If they take an EJ Manuel then Foles is probably gone. If they don't take a QB then Foles will still compete with Vick.

Vick has the edge because the added element of the zone read that is simply not a threat with Foles in the game.

Chip Kelly's playbook in the NFL won't be 100% zone read but with a Foles it would have to be 0% zone read which would completely take away an element of success and familiarity.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Marcus Vick wrote:

FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

Foles has actually came out and said he can run kelly's zone read if that matters. It was on ESPN the other day. Apparentely he's trying not to fall behind Vick to much in line for the starting spot.
Blahman88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Marcus Vick wrote:

Stealing my jokes........hmmm

And 2 QB system, of course RCB suggested that, idiot.

oland11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we cut Vick by the end of the pre-season.

The depth chart for QB should be Foleswalker, Dennis Dixon, 3rd string

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: