Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We have 5 QB's all "fighting for a spot"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19465
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
thebeyonder wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Chip brought Dixon in if the former isn't going to implement an Oregon-like scheme?

Laughing

The denial here is delicious.

LOL, so you are saying that Chip is going to build his new offense around Dixon then? You do realize he was a practice squad player last year, right? I like Dixon, I really do, but acquiring him has absolutely no bearing on what the main offense is going to look like. He could be here for gadget plays. Who knows? Dixon's signing carries very little weight, I don't think anyone is in denial. Actually, you are delusional if you really think Dixon's signing had that much of an impact.
WHy does he have to build around Dixon instead of using Dixon as a style of QB he wants for a backup? He brought Dixon in because he wants a mobile QB to take over if Vick /Geno get hurt so he doesn't have to change his RO offense.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
thebeyonder wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Chip brought Dixon in if the former isn't going to implement an Oregon-like scheme?

Laughing

The denial here is delicious.

LOL, so you are saying that Chip is going to build his new offense around Dixon then? You do realize he was a practice squad player last year, right? I like Dixon, I really do, but acquiring him has absolutely no bearing on what the main offense is going to look like. He could be here for gadget plays. Who knows? Dixon's signing carries very little weight, I don't think anyone is in denial. Actually, you are delusional if you really think Dixon's signing had that much of an impact.
WHy does he have to build around Dixon instead of using Dixon as a style of QB he wants for a backup? He brought Dixon in because he wants a mobile QB to take over if Vick /Geno get hurt so he doesn't have to change his RO offense.


There is nothing that proves or guarantees Kelly will use the read option based offense. Of course that isn't the same as saying he won't use it or at least incorporate parts of it it into whatever he uses. Signing Dixon literally points to nothing in particular other than he is a QB that has played in the NFL that Kelly is familiar with. That's it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19465
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
thebeyonder wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Chip brought Dixon in if the former isn't going to implement an Oregon-like scheme?

Laughing

The denial here is delicious.

LOL, so you are saying that Chip is going to build his new offense around Dixon then? You do realize he was a practice squad player last year, right? I like Dixon, I really do, but acquiring him has absolutely no bearing on what the main offense is going to look like. He could be here for gadget plays. Who knows? Dixon's signing carries very little weight, I don't think anyone is in denial. Actually, you are delusional if you really think Dixon's signing had that much of an impact.
WHy does he have to build around Dixon instead of using Dixon as a style of QB he wants for a backup? He brought Dixon in because he wants a mobile QB to take over if Vick /Geno get hurt so he doesn't have to change his RO offense.


There is nothing that proves or guarantees Kelly will use the read option based offense. Of course that isn't the same as saying he won't use it or at least incorporate parts of it it into whatever he uses. Signing Dixon literally points to nothing in particular other than he is a QB that has played in the NFL that Kelly is familiar with. That's it.
He knows Dixon but Oregon's offense under Chip as HC was different then when he was OC. Vastly different.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
thebeyonder wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Chip brought Dixon in if the former isn't going to implement an Oregon-like scheme?

Laughing

The denial here is delicious.

LOL, so you are saying that Chip is going to build his new offense around Dixon then? You do realize he was a practice squad player last year, right? I like Dixon, I really do, but acquiring him has absolutely no bearing on what the main offense is going to look like. He could be here for gadget plays. Who knows? Dixon's signing carries very little weight, I don't think anyone is in denial. Actually, you are delusional if you really think Dixon's signing had that much of an impact.
WHy does he have to build around Dixon instead of using Dixon as a style of QB he wants for a backup? He brought Dixon in because he wants a mobile QB to take over if Vick /Geno get hurt so he doesn't have to change his RO offense.


There is nothing that proves or guarantees Kelly will use the read option based offense. Of course that isn't the same as saying he won't use it or at least incorporate parts of it it into whatever he uses. Signing Dixon literally points to nothing in particular other than he is a QB that has played in the NFL that Kelly is familiar with. That's it.
He knows Dixon but Oregon's offense under Chip as HC was different then when he was OC. Vastly different.


So what's your point?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 44381
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 QB option.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19465
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
thebeyonder wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Chip brought Dixon in if the former isn't going to implement an Oregon-like scheme?

Laughing

The denial here is delicious.

LOL, so you are saying that Chip is going to build his new offense around Dixon then? You do realize he was a practice squad player last year, right? I like Dixon, I really do, but acquiring him has absolutely no bearing on what the main offense is going to look like. He could be here for gadget plays. Who knows? Dixon's signing carries very little weight, I don't think anyone is in denial. Actually, you are delusional if you really think Dixon's signing had that much of an impact.
WHy does he have to build around Dixon instead of using Dixon as a style of QB he wants for a backup? He brought Dixon in because he wants a mobile QB to take over if Vick /Geno get hurt so he doesn't have to change his RO offense.


There is nothing that proves or guarantees Kelly will use the read option based offense. Of course that isn't the same as saying he won't use it or at least incorporate parts of it it into whatever he uses. Signing Dixon literally points to nothing in particular other than he is a QB that has played in the NFL that Kelly is familiar with. That's it.
He knows Dixon but Oregon's offense under Chip as HC was different then when he was OC. Vastly different.


So what's your point?
My point is how comfortable is he with Dixon in reality if he isn't running an option based offense? He knows Dixon is nifty and can throw. While leaving 1 statue on the roster. I don't see how anyone can look at these QBs and think they are not going to run a read option based offense, using Shurmur as an adviser to help with complex route tree and QB development.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5836
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
My point is how comfortable is he with Dixon in reality if he isn't running an option based offense? He knows Dixon is nifty and can throw. While leaving 1 statue on the roster. I don't see how anyone can look at these QBs and think they are not going to run a read option based offense, using Shurmur as an adviser to help with complex route tree and QB development.


How do you know though? Vick has run a pro style offense ever since he has been in the league. Same with Foles and Edwards. Dixon was a backup for the Steelers... another pro style offense. Just because these guys can run, doesn't necessarily mean we are running a read option offense. Will there be read option plays and formations that involve it? I am sure, but that doesn't mean that we are running an offense based off the read option. Everything your saying is just as much speculation as anyone's opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6270
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that we have 5 QB's on the roster, and very well may add another in draft, pretty much verifies Kelly doesn't think he has a QB that will be able to run is offense effectively.
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
The fact that we have 5 QB's on the roster, and very well may add another in draft, pretty much verifies Kelly doesn't think he has a QB that will be able to run is offense effectively.


Or it verifies that he wants his QB to win the job, not be handed it. Particularly because the Eagles were not going into the season with the starter established regardless of who was coach.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
He knows Dixon but Oregon's offense under Chip as HC was different then when he was OC. Vastly different.


So what's your point?[/quote]My point is how comfortable is he with Dixon in reality if he isn't running an option based offense? He knows Dixon is nifty and can throw. While leaving 1 statue on the roster. I don't see how anyone can look at these QBs and think they are not going to run a read option based offense, using Shurmur as an adviser to help with complex route tree and QB development.[/quote]

Your previous statement doesn't do anything to make this point, though. At all. You're jumping all over the place.

AZ handled the rest of the response well enough for me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7762
Location: York PA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming we don't draft a QB this year, the three QBs will be Vick, Foles and Dixon.

Most likely in that order until Chip realizes how much Vick sucks and cuts him.
_________________
Andy constantly was drafting slower, undersized guys with hearts of gold who loved helping old ladies across the street. Unfortunately for them he couldn't teach them how not to get run over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6270
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
The fact that we have 5 QB's on the roster, and very well may add another in draft, pretty much verifies Kelly doesn't think he has a QB that will be able to run is offense effectively.


Or it verifies that he wants his QB to win the job, not be handed it. Particularly because the Eagles were not going into the season with the starter established regardless of who was coach.


When you have 5 below average players on the roster, does it really matter who wins the starting job? Of all the QB's on this roster only Vick could start for another team in this league and then he could only start for maybe 3 teams.
Great, competition between 5 below average QB's. Sorry if I can't get excited over that.
People that think Kelly's scheme is going to somehow make bad players good are in for a long, long season.
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 9475
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
The fact that we have 5 QB's on the roster, and very well may add another in draft, pretty much verifies Kelly doesn't think he has a QB that will be able to run is offense effectively.


Or it verifies that he wants his QB to win the job, not be handed it. Particularly because the Eagles were not going into the season with the starter established regardless of who was coach.


When you have 5 below average players on the roster, does it really matter who wins the starting job? Of all the QB's on this roster only Vick could start for another team in this league and then he could only start for maybe 3 teams.
Great, competition between 5 below average QB's. Sorry if I can't get excited over that.
People that think Kelly's scheme is going to somehow make bad players good are in for a long, long season.



I don't think anyone disagrees with you. We all know they are below average QB's. But in certain schemes, certain C level players can become B level players. While other C level players become D level. I wouldn't ask Tom Brady to run the read option because he runs like a 6.0 40. It would make an A level QB turn to like a D level QB. However, if you make a scheme around the talent of your players it will make them better. That's why Kelly was so well regarded at Oregon. He helped his players succeed. He wasn't "forcing schemes" on him like some other teams do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
The fact that we have 5 QB's on the roster, and very well may add another in draft, pretty much verifies Kelly doesn't think he has a QB that will be able to run is offense effectively.


Or it verifies that he wants his QB to win the job, not be handed it. Particularly because the Eagles were not going into the season with the starter established regardless of who was coach.


When you have 5 below average players on the roster, does it really matter who wins the starting job? Of all the QB's on this roster only Vick could start for another team in this league and then he could only start for maybe 3 teams.
Great, competition between 5 below average QB's. Sorry if I can't get excited over that.
People that think Kelly's scheme is going to somehow make bad players good are in for a long, long season.


You sure made an effort to put words in my mouth and throw out a lot of pure opinion/speculation didn't you?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34605
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Assuming we don't draft a QB this year, the three QBs will be Vick, Foles and Dixon.

Most likely in that order until Chip realizes how much Vick sucks and cuts him.


Agreed except benches for either Foles or Dixon.
_________________
"Break the rules, but first break the rulers."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group