Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We have 5 QB's all "fighting for a spot"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
What's interesting about the QB situation is that a lot of continue to assume that Kelly will just run the spread option because he did it in college and that restructuring Vicky and signing Dixon proves that. However, the current rumor is that Kelly is leaning towards something a little more similar to what the Patriots do. If that's the case, then Foles, or possibly Edwards, is the best QB on the team and the best fit. This is also supported by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE (when combined with Kelly's comments afterwards).

So really, the best we can do is say "We're not sure what he's gonna do".



I don't follow. He never had a Brady like Qb running his offense in Oregon so why would Edwards or Foles be the best choice? I don't think he will run his "run up the field" offense from Oregon, but he has said in interviews he will try to score as many points as possible as fast as possible. I am actually one of the few people who like Foles and what he showed late last year. I don't want to hold the guy hostage if he went to the Jets or Billss right now he would automatically be the best QB on the roster.


I'm frankly not sure what is confusing about this at all. I can see that you fall into the first category I mentioned and assume Kelly is going to use the same offense he did at Oregon. That is certainly a possibility. It also looks as if you are assuming that the restructure of Vick and the signing of Dixon are proof of that as well as his recruiting at Oregon. Fair enough.

However, there are currently legitimate hints that Kelly is going to go with something similar to what the Patriots use. That offense requires better QB skills. Further, Kelly has had success with pocket passers previous to his time at Oregon. Vick and Dixon are better athletes but Foles and Edwards have better pure QB skills and thus would be better fits in that scenario. The point is that we don't know for sure what offense the Eagles are going to use yet. I'd be willing to bet that Kelly doesn't yet either. He likely is prepping for both (or even more) scenarios and will decide after he feels he has had a sufficient look at the talent on the roster.


No, I was saying I don't think he run the Oregon offense. I bolded that part. I was saying though words from his mouth is that he will play high paced smashmouth football, now if you feel that is what the Pats play then I guess that fits the bill. I guess ATL and NE are probably two of the faster teams in the league, but when Peyton gets going with Denver they are also pretty fast. The thing is, we are a much faster team than NE, we just had probably the slowest minded coach in the game. Kelly is going to be calling plays that stretch the field and get us using that world class speed we have to score points.

Brady's offense doesn't work because he is a pocket passer, it works because he is brady lol. He is a HOF QB, 3 time superbowl champ, multiple time division champion, he makes everyone on his team better including coaches and schemes. Put Peyton, Eli, A-Rod, etc on that scheme and they can run it too, because they are all the best QB's in the game. We can run the offense with Dixon IF we use the option and work to his strengths. No one in the league throws like Brady, NE coaches know this. We could copy exactly what they do, but until we've got a top 5 QB back there it doesn't matter. That's why I don't think Chip will try that..


First, I'm not making a prediction as to what offense Kelly will use. It's the current rumor and is backed up by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE and Kelly's comments regarding using a 2 TE set often. True? I don't know. I already said that I tend to think he has several offensive schemes in mind that he will implement based on what sees once he really gets to work with the team.

Second, it's not about how good Brady is, it's about the skill set required to run that style (not the same offense, that style of offense - there is a difference there) of offense. It requires good QB skills. Foles (and possibly Edwards) have better pure "QB skills" than either Vick or Dixon. At least based on what we know currently. That makes them better fits if Kelly chooses to use that style of offense. Period.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6857
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I LIKE MCDONALD'S!


2) I LIKE BURGER KING!


3) WHAT'S FOR DINNER?


4) GENO'S!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 7945
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
What's interesting about the QB situation is that a lot of continue to assume that Kelly will just run the spread option because he did it in college and that restructuring Vicky and signing Dixon proves that. However, the current rumor is that Kelly is leaning towards something a little more similar to what the Patriots do. If that's the case, then Foles, or possibly Edwards, is the best QB on the team and the best fit. This is also supported by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE (when combined with Kelly's comments afterwards).

So really, the best we can do is say "We're not sure what he's gonna do".



I don't follow. He never had a Brady like Qb running his offense in Oregon so why would Edwards or Foles be the best choice? I don't think he will run his "run up the field" offense from Oregon, but he has said in interviews he will try to score as many points as possible as fast as possible. I am actually one of the few people who like Foles and what he showed late last year. I don't want to hold the guy hostage if he went to the Jets or Billss right now he would automatically be the best QB on the roster.


I'm frankly not sure what is confusing about this at all. I can see that you fall into the first category I mentioned and assume Kelly is going to use the same offense he did at Oregon. That is certainly a possibility. It also looks as if you are assuming that the restructure of Vick and the signing of Dixon are proof of that as well as his recruiting at Oregon. Fair enough.

However, there are currently legitimate hints that Kelly is going to go with something similar to what the Patriots use. That offense requires better QB skills. Further, Kelly has had success with pocket passers previous to his time at Oregon. Vick and Dixon are better athletes but Foles and Edwards have better pure QB skills and thus would be better fits in that scenario. The point is that we don't know for sure what offense the Eagles are going to use yet. I'd be willing to bet that Kelly doesn't yet either. He likely is prepping for both (or even more) scenarios and will decide after he feels he has had a sufficient look at the talent on the roster.


No, I was saying I don't think he run the Oregon offense. I bolded that part. I was saying though words from his mouth is that he will play high paced smashmouth football, now if you feel that is what the Pats play then I guess that fits the bill. I guess ATL and NE are probably two of the faster teams in the league, but when Peyton gets going with Denver they are also pretty fast. The thing is, we are a much faster team than NE, we just had probably the slowest minded coach in the game. Kelly is going to be calling plays that stretch the field and get us using that world class speed we have to score points.

Brady's offense doesn't work because he is a pocket passer, it works because he is brady lol. He is a HOF QB, 3 time superbowl champ, multiple time division champion, he makes everyone on his team better including coaches and schemes. Put Peyton, Eli, A-Rod, etc on that scheme and they can run it too, because they are all the best QB's in the game. We can run the offense with Dixon IF we use the option and work to his strengths. No one in the league throws like Brady, NE coaches know this. We could copy exactly what they do, but until we've got a top 5 QB back there it doesn't matter. That's why I don't think Chip will try that..


First, I'm not making a prediction as to what offense Kelly will use. It's the current rumor and is backed up by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE and Kelly's comments regarding using a 2 TE set often. True? I don't know. I already said that I tend to think he has several offensive schemes in mind that he will implement based on what sees once he really gets to work with the team.

Second, it's not about how good Brady is, it's about the skill set required to run that style (not the same offense, that style of offense - there is a difference there) of offense. It requires good QB skills. Foles (and possibly Edwards) have better pure "QB skills" than either Vick or Dixon. At least based on what we know currently. That makes them better fits if Kelly chooses to use that style of offense. Period.


This is the part you aren't getting, Foles nor Edwards is anything remotely as effecient as Brady. Again...Brady is a 3 times superbowl QB, two times superbowl MVP, 2 times NFL NVP, 8 time pro bowler, 3 times AFC offensive player of the year. I could go on and on and on.. Comparing him to Foles and saying "They can be just as efficient as brady" simply because they are both pocket passers does not work in this situation bro. I'm not trying to argue with you that just isn't logical..

I think you are slighly underestimating how much Brady does for that team with intangibles. He has arguably been running that same offense for almost 10 years now. He like's a puppeteer, no one else is doing that except for a HOF GOAT QB like Brady.

I would rather have a losing season running Chips Oregon offense with Dixon, than trying to have Foles or Edwards recreate what Brady and Ryan do. Neither of them can do that. You are trying to make a crazy that all pocket passers can run that offense which makes no sense. If they all could do it, they all would be doing it in the league. It takes a top 5-10QB to run both ATL and NE are top 5 teams in this league. Your right dixon and Vick would be much worse at running it than Foles and Edwards. But that's not saying much seeing as how if Foles/Edwards ran it might not be =/= Dixon running the option. If that makes sense.

I think Dixon can win us 7-9 games running the option with a good draft.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
What's interesting about the QB situation is that a lot of continue to assume that Kelly will just run the spread option because he did it in college and that restructuring Vicky and signing Dixon proves that. However, the current rumor is that Kelly is leaning towards something a little more similar to what the Patriots do. If that's the case, then Foles, or possibly Edwards, is the best QB on the team and the best fit. This is also supported by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE (when combined with Kelly's comments afterwards).

So really, the best we can do is say "We're not sure what he's gonna do".



I don't follow. He never had a Brady like Qb running his offense in Oregon so why would Edwards or Foles be the best choice? I don't think he will run his "run up the field" offense from Oregon, but he has said in interviews he will try to score as many points as possible as fast as possible. I am actually one of the few people who like Foles and what he showed late last year. I don't want to hold the guy hostage if he went to the Jets or Billss right now he would automatically be the best QB on the roster.


I'm frankly not sure what is confusing about this at all. I can see that you fall into the first category I mentioned and assume Kelly is going to use the same offense he did at Oregon. That is certainly a possibility. It also looks as if you are assuming that the restructure of Vick and the signing of Dixon are proof of that as well as his recruiting at Oregon. Fair enough.

However, there are currently legitimate hints that Kelly is going to go with something similar to what the Patriots use. That offense requires better QB skills. Further, Kelly has had success with pocket passers previous to his time at Oregon. Vick and Dixon are better athletes but Foles and Edwards have better pure QB skills and thus would be better fits in that scenario. The point is that we don't know for sure what offense the Eagles are going to use yet. I'd be willing to bet that Kelly doesn't yet either. He likely is prepping for both (or even more) scenarios and will decide after he feels he has had a sufficient look at the talent on the roster.


No, I was saying I don't think he run the Oregon offense. I bolded that part. I was saying though words from his mouth is that he will play high paced smashmouth football, now if you feel that is what the Pats play then I guess that fits the bill. I guess ATL and NE are probably two of the faster teams in the league, but when Peyton gets going with Denver they are also pretty fast. The thing is, we are a much faster team than NE, we just had probably the slowest minded coach in the game. Kelly is going to be calling plays that stretch the field and get us using that world class speed we have to score points.

Brady's offense doesn't work because he is a pocket passer, it works because he is brady lol. He is a HOF QB, 3 time superbowl champ, multiple time division champion, he makes everyone on his team better including coaches and schemes. Put Peyton, Eli, A-Rod, etc on that scheme and they can run it too, because they are all the best QB's in the game. We can run the offense with Dixon IF we use the option and work to his strengths. No one in the league throws like Brady, NE coaches know this. We could copy exactly what they do, but until we've got a top 5 QB back there it doesn't matter. That's why I don't think Chip will try that..


First, I'm not making a prediction as to what offense Kelly will use. It's the current rumor and is backed up by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE and Kelly's comments regarding using a 2 TE set often. True? I don't know. I already said that I tend to think he has several offensive schemes in mind that he will implement based on what sees once he really gets to work with the team.

Second, it's not about how good Brady is, it's about the skill set required to run that style (not the same offense, that style of offense - there is a difference there) of offense. It requires good QB skills. Foles (and possibly Edwards) have better pure "QB skills" than either Vick or Dixon. At least based on what we know currently. That makes them better fits if Kelly chooses to use that style of offense. Period.


This is the part you aren't getting, Foles nor Edwards is anything remotely as effecient as Brady. Again...Brady is a 3 times superbowl QB, two times superbowl MVP, 2 times NFL NVP, 8 time pro bowler, 3 times AFC offensive player of the year. I could go on and on and on.. Comparing him to Foles and saying "They can be just as efficient as brady" simply because they are both pocket passers does not work in this situation bro. I'm not trying to argue with you that just isn't logical..

I think you are slighly underestimating how much Brady does for that team with intangibles. He has arguably been running that same offense for almost 10 years now. He like's a puppeteer, no one else is doing that except for a HOF GOAT QB like Brady.

I would rather have a losing season running Chips Oregon offense with Dixon, than trying to have Foles or Edwards recreate what Brady and Ryan do. Neither of them can do that. You are trying to make a crazy that all pocket passers can run that offense which makes no sense. If they all could do it, they all would be doing it in the league. It takes a top 5-10QB to run both ATL and NE are top 5 teams in this league. Your right dixon and Vick would be much worse at running it than Foles and Edwards. But that's not saying much seeing as how if Foles/Edwards ran it might not be =/= Dixon running the option. If that makes sense.

I think Dixon can win us 7-9 games running the option with a good draft.



You are completely missing what I am saying. Completely. I am not, nor did I in any way, compare the talent level of Foles or Edwards to Brady. Not once. You are the one who brought up Brady. What I said was that Foles or Edwards, from a skill set standpoint, are the best fits on the roster if Kelly were to run an offense similar to what the Pats run. If. Skill set. On the roster.

You keep running with some half-cocked assumption that I am saying Kelly will definately use this offense, that Foles or Edwards would be perfect for it, and that they would perform as well as Brady. I have zero idea where this came from. You have completely missed the original point I was making and should go back and re-read my posts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6857
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody was a bigger Dixon fan than I.
However, his current role is reduced to a marginal back-up with limited upward mobility.

The fantasy notion that he will lead the Eagles to any wins is "pure-jort-magic" at this point.*

I just don't see it.
Please describe, in four-part harmony, how that will happen.


*Inside joke. Join FF Insiders by sending me a check for $29.99 every Friday.
P.O. Box BABYATEMYDINGO Intercourse, PA 17534


Note: There is no such PO Box.
Feel free to send a check anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 7945
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
What's interesting about the QB situation is that a lot of continue to assume that Kelly will just run the spread option because he did it in college and that restructuring Vicky and signing Dixon proves that. However, the current rumor is that Kelly is leaning towards something a little more similar to what the Patriots do. If that's the case, then Foles, or possibly Edwards, is the best QB on the team and the best fit. This is also supported by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE (when combined with Kelly's comments afterwards).

So really, the best we can do is say "We're not sure what he's gonna do".



I don't follow. He never had a Brady like Qb running his offense in Oregon so why would Edwards or Foles be the best choice? I don't think he will run his "run up the field" offense from Oregon, but he has said in interviews he will try to score as many points as possible as fast as possible. I am actually one of the few people who like Foles and what he showed late last year. I don't want to hold the guy hostage if he went to the Jets or Billss right now he would automatically be the best QB on the roster.


I'm frankly not sure what is confusing about this at all. I can see that you fall into the first category I mentioned and assume Kelly is going to use the same offense he did at Oregon. That is certainly a possibility. It also looks as if you are assuming that the restructure of Vick and the signing of Dixon are proof of that as well as his recruiting at Oregon. Fair enough.

However, there are currently legitimate hints that Kelly is going to go with something similar to what the Patriots use. That offense requires better QB skills. Further, Kelly has had success with pocket passers previous to his time at Oregon. Vick and Dixon are better athletes but Foles and Edwards have better pure QB skills and thus would be better fits in that scenario. The point is that we don't know for sure what offense the Eagles are going to use yet. I'd be willing to bet that Kelly doesn't yet either. He likely is prepping for both (or even more) scenarios and will decide after he feels he has had a sufficient look at the talent on the roster.


No, I was saying I don't think he run the Oregon offense. I bolded that part. I was saying though words from his mouth is that he will play high paced smashmouth football, now if you feel that is what the Pats play then I guess that fits the bill. I guess ATL and NE are probably two of the faster teams in the league, but when Peyton gets going with Denver they are also pretty fast. The thing is, we are a much faster team than NE, we just had probably the slowest minded coach in the game. Kelly is going to be calling plays that stretch the field and get us using that world class speed we have to score points.

Brady's offense doesn't work because he is a pocket passer, it works because he is brady lol. He is a HOF QB, 3 time superbowl champ, multiple time division champion, he makes everyone on his team better including coaches and schemes. Put Peyton, Eli, A-Rod, etc on that scheme and they can run it too, because they are all the best QB's in the game. We can run the offense with Dixon IF we use the option and work to his strengths. No one in the league throws like Brady, NE coaches know this. We could copy exactly what they do, but until we've got a top 5 QB back there it doesn't matter. That's why I don't think Chip will try that..


First, I'm not making a prediction as to what offense Kelly will use. It's the current rumor and is backed up by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE and Kelly's comments regarding using a 2 TE set often. True? I don't know. I already said that I tend to think he has several offensive schemes in mind that he will implement based on what sees once he really gets to work with the team.

Second, it's not about how good Brady is, it's about the skill set required to run that style (not the same offense, that style of offense - there is a difference there) of offense. It requires good QB skills. Foles (and possibly Edwards) have better pure "QB skills" than either Vick or Dixon. At least based on what we know currently. That makes them better fits if Kelly chooses to use that style of offense. Period.


This is the part you aren't getting, Foles nor Edwards is anything remotely as effecient as Brady. Again...Brady is a 3 times superbowl QB, two times superbowl MVP, 2 times NFL NVP, 8 time pro bowler, 3 times AFC offensive player of the year. I could go on and on and on.. Comparing him to Foles and saying "They can be just as efficient as brady" simply because they are both pocket passers does not work in this situation bro. I'm not trying to argue with you that just isn't logical..

I think you are slighly underestimating how much Brady does for that team with intangibles. He has arguably been running that same offense for almost 10 years now. He like's a puppeteer, no one else is doing that except for a HOF GOAT QB like Brady.

I would rather have a losing season running Chips Oregon offense with Dixon, than trying to have Foles or Edwards recreate what Brady and Ryan do. Neither of them can do that. You are trying to make a crazy that all pocket passers can run that offense which makes no sense. If they all could do it, they all would be doing it in the league. It takes a top 5-10QB to run both ATL and NE are top 5 teams in this league. Your right dixon and Vick would be much worse at running it than Foles and Edwards. But that's not saying much seeing as how if Foles/Edwards ran it might not be =/= Dixon running the option. If that makes sense.

I think Dixon can win us 7-9 games running the option with a good draft.



You are completely missing what I am saying. Completely. I am not, nor did I in any way, compare the talent level of Foles or Edwards to Brady. Not once. You are the one who brought up Brady. What I said was that Foles or Edwards, from a skill set standpoint, are the best fits on the roster if Kelly were to run an offense similar to what the Pats run. If. Skill set. On the roster.

You keep running with some half-cocked assumption that I am saying Kelly will definately use this offense, that Foles or Edwards would be perfect for it, and that they would perform as well as Brady. I have zero idea where this came from. You have completely missed the original point I was making and should go back and re-read my posts.


I did. Your posts are slightly confusing, butI see what you are saying now. My bad..


You did however mention NE and since Brady is there QB that's where I got Brady from.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 7945
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Nobody was a bigger Dixon fan than I.
However, his current role is reduced to a marginal back-up with limited upward mobility.

The fantasy notion that he will lead the Eagles to any wins is "pure-jort-magic" at this point.*

I just don't see it.
Please describe, in four-part harmony, how that will happen.


*Inside joke. Join FF Insiders by sending me a check for $29.99 every Friday.
P.O. Box BABYATEMYDINGO Intercourse, PA 17534


Note: There is no such PO Box.
Feel free to send a check anyway.



1. Dixon works with Vick in the offseason to improve intanglibles and morality with team


2. Runs read option similar to SF and Kaep, focusing on freeing up Lesean for runs and freezing the defense.


3. Get an everydown receiver to put next to Desean, I prefer Robert Woods out of USC, Conner Vernon from Duke, Tavon Austin from WVU if he's still in the 2nd

4. Spend every other pick aside from the WR one on O- Line and get the best remaining o line free agents available.


I think if we do that along with Kelly's scheme and coaching ability we can win 7-9 games. Remember that if Vick hadn't have gotten injured we might have had a 7-9 season, but between injuries and inconsistency we couldn't win games. It's not like we don't have skill position players though, our situation is similar to the Bills all we need is a good coach(position filled) and a good QB( position pending, but Dixon isn't that bad).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thebeyonder


Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me why Chip brought Dixon in if the former isn't going to implement an Oregon-like scheme?

Laughing

The denial here is delicious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeyonder wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Chip brought Dixon in if the former isn't going to implement an Oregon-like scheme?

Laughing

The denial here is delicious.


He's a cheap QB with NFL experience that Kelly is familiar with? No wait, that couldn't be it...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6857
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:
Nobody was a bigger Dixon fan than I.
However, his current role is reduced to a marginal back-up with limited upward mobility.

The fantasy notion that he will lead the Eagles to any wins is "pure-jort-magic" at this point.*

I just don't see it.
Please describe, in four-part harmony, how that will happen.


*Inside joke. Join FF Insiders by sending me a check for $29.99 every Friday.
P.O. Box BABYATEMYDINGO Intercourse, PA 17534


Note: There is no such PO Box.
Feel free to send a check anyway.



1. Dixon works with Vick in the offseason to improve intanglibles and morality with team


2. Runs read option similar to SF and Kaep, focusing on freeing up Lesean for runs and freezing the defense.


3. Get an everydown receiver to put next to Desean, I prefer Robert Woods out of USC, Conner Vernon from Duke, Tavon Austin from WVU if he's still in the 2nd

4. Spend every other pick aside from the WR one on O- Line and get the best remaining o line free agents available.


I think if we do that along with Kelly's scheme and coaching ability we can win 7-9 games. Remember that if Vick hadn't have gotten injured we might have had a 7-9 season, but between injuries and inconsistency we couldn't win games. It's not like we don't have skill position players though, our situation is similar to the Bills all we need is a good coach(position filled) and a good QB( position pending, but Dixon isn't that bad).


How does Dixon improve morality?
Is he secretly the new pope?
Seriously, what do you now about Dixon's morals?
This I gotta hear.

The run-option has nothing to do with some guy coming in and teaching it four years after he last ran it.
Not a read-option, but how is a draw that different?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ7RVpdM9J4

So, the three receivers you "fancy" make this team better.
Everybody has their preferences.
Oddly enough, you chose a 6'1" with a 4.5, a 6'0" with a 4.7 and a 5'8" with a 4.3.
You don't seem to have a philosophy except that you like who you like and use that to justify all of your opinions as evidenced by your response.
We all have opinions.
Mine are sometimes deft.
Other times they are retarded.
I was stone-cold right on Russell Wilson, much to the dismay of others.
I was dead wrong on Patrick Willis, much to my dismay.
Purporting your receiver favorites as justification for your philosophy when they have no congruent similarity is specious to say the least.
Put some meat in your stew, son.

Your comment about the O-Line was somewhat indiscernible.
Please re-phrase.
However, I am the biggest proponent of an offensive tackle named Joeckel if he is there of anybody...right or wrong. I stand by it and I can justify if you like.....quid pro quo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2107/michael-vick
Quote:
ESPN's Ron Jaworski predicts new Eagles coach Chip Kelly will have to "adapt" his spread-option offense in the NFL and that it "categorically" will not work if Kelly doesn't make schematic changes.
Jaws is an avid game-tape watcher and his opinion is always notable. "The offense we saw at Oregon will not be run in the NFL," said Jaworski. "I will tell you that right now. Categorically, it will not work. And I probably spoke to 20 scouts today, some head coaches, and what everyone is doing right now is preparing to stop this read option. Either a quarterback's gonna get crushed, or someone's gonna stop it. And I think it'll be a combination of both."

_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5488
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:



1. Dixon works with Vick in the offseason to improve intanglibles and morality with team


2. Runs read option similar to SF and Kaep, focusing on freeing up Lesean for runs and freezing the defense.


3. Get an everydown receiver to put next to Desean, I prefer Robert Woods out of USC, Conner Vernon from Duke, Tavon Austin from WVU if he's still in the 2nd

4. Spend every other pick aside from the WR one on O- Line and get the best remaining o line free agents available.


I think if we do that along with Kelly's scheme and coaching ability we can win 7-9 games. Remember that if Vick hadn't have gotten injured we might have had a 7-9 season, but between injuries and inconsistency we couldn't win games. It's not like we don't have skill position players though, our situation is similar to the Bills all we need is a good coach(position filled) and a good QB( position pending, but Dixon isn't that bad).


1.Dixon working with Vick? As big of a Vick hater as I am even I can acknowledge how ridiculous that sounds. Dixon isn't half the QB Vick is, and he really doesn't have anything to teach Vick IMO. Dixon is here for stability, nothing more.

2.SF's read option works because Kaep can throw the ball well enough. Vick is the worst decision maker in the NFL at the QB position. No scheme or run style can hide that.

3. You just listed three receivers that have similar skill sets and sizes to the players we already have. Makes no sense... We need a bigger guy, 6'3 200+ lb's.

4. SPEND EVERY PICK ON O-LINE?! REALLY? Do I need to even bring up how ridiculous that sounds?

5. We need more then just a QB. We need at least one new WR, we need another safety, another corner, at least one more SAM, a RT, and at least one more guard for depth. And Dixon isn't good, he is at best a backup, likely a third string QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 7945
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:



1. Dixon works with Vick in the offseason to improve intanglibles and morality with team


2. Runs read option similar to SF and Kaep, focusing on freeing up Lesean for runs and freezing the defense.


3. Get an everydown receiver to put next to Desean, I prefer Robert Woods out of USC, Conner Vernon from Duke, Tavon Austin from WVU if he's still in the 2nd

4. Spend every other pick aside from the WR one on O- Line and get the best remaining o line free agents available.


I think if we do that along with Kelly's scheme and coaching ability we can win 7-9 games. Remember that if Vick hadn't have gotten injured we might have had a 7-9 season, but between injuries and inconsistency we couldn't win games. It's not like we don't have skill position players though, our situation is similar to the Bills all we need is a good coach(position filled) and a good QB( position pending, but Dixon isn't that bad).


1.Dixon working with Vick? As big of a Vick hater as I am even I can acknowledge how ridiculous that sounds. Dixon isn't half the QB Vick is, and he really doesn't have anything to teach Vick IMO. Dixon is here for stability, nothing more.

2.SF's read option works because Kaep can throw the ball well enough. Vick is the worst decision maker in the NFL at the QB position. No scheme or run style can hide that.

3. You just listed three receivers that have similar skill sets and sizes to the players we already have. Makes no sense... We need a bigger guy, 6'3 200+ lb's.

4. SPEND EVERY PICK ON O-LINE?! REALLY? Do I need to even bring up how ridiculous that sounds?

5. We need more then just a QB. We need at least one new WR, we need another safety, another corner, at least one more SAM, a RT, and at least one more guard for depth. And Dixon isn't good, he is at best a backup, likely a third string QB.


You are basically just saying a bunch of negative stuff that everyone already knows.. I am just telling you how it is. What I would do if I were Kelly.

4 is your opinion, we need O linemen. Or do you want to have another losing season because our O line is paper mache and gets injured and then we have to play terrible practice squad backups for O linemen.

Also you say Vick is a terrible QB and Dixon isn't even half the QB Vick is. So basically what you are saying is we have no QB? Again, wow news to me(sarcasm) I am just trying to work with what we've got. I don't like Vick either, but we've got him and Dixon and we're stuck with them so we have to play them..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rememberthevet


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 1538
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeyonder wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Chip brought Dixon in if the former isn't going to implement an Oregon-like scheme?

Laughing

The denial here is delicious.

LOL, so you are saying that Chip is going to build his new offense around Dixon then? You do realize he was a practice squad player last year, right? I like Dixon, I really do, but acquiring him has absolutely no bearing on what the main offense is going to look like. He could be here for gadget plays. Who knows? Dixon's signing carries very little weight, I don't think anyone is in denial. Actually, you are delusional if you really think Dixon's signing had that much of an impact.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19077
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Phire wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
What's interesting about the QB situation is that a lot of continue to assume that Kelly will just run the spread option because he did it in college and that restructuring Vicky and signing Dixon proves that. However, the current rumor is that Kelly is leaning towards something a little more similar to what the Patriots do. If that's the case, then Foles, or possibly Edwards, is the best QB on the team and the best fit. This is also supported by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE (when combined with Kelly's comments afterwards).

So really, the best we can do is say "We're not sure what he's gonna do".


This is absolutely true and something we all need to keep in mind. The 'option offense' isn't a guarantee, and would make the Pat Shurmur hire a complete waste of time, money, and space.
I disagree. Shumur was brought in IMO to help develop a pro style passing game. The biggest fall of Oregon was the passing game wasn't elite under Chip.

The thing about Chip not running a zone read offense doesn't make sense to me. Why bring the best run game/option HC in NCAA to run a prostyle offense? If that is the case then Holgorson or someone should have been brought in.

Chip recruited dual threat QBs and speed backs for a reason. He never recruited any statues such as Foles at Oregon. Never. If he would adjust as much as you guys say he woulda recruited the best overall not best dual.


Chip's being brought in to be the head coach, and isn't necessarily the chief executive of the offense. Could he be, and is it likely? Yes.

But it's also likely Chip's going to design something new, something more professional.

Chip didn't recruit "statues", but that was also the type of culture Oregon already had. Dennis Dixon was already at Oregon for years before Chip Kelly got there.

Kelly just continued what they were good at, a team with speed but he maximized it by implementing the various skills and tools he offers as a head coach. Brilliantly efficient practice schedules, sports science methods, sports education, health education, upbeat environment... etc.
Oreogn had 2 players that were starters that alternated. Brady Leaf and Dixon. he went spreadoption despite the fact his backups were pocket passers. That is why when Dixon got hurt they couldnt score crap. Not until they had 2 months off to prep Roper a true frosh who was a statue. So despite the fact all his QBs but 1 were statues he chose option offense. The next year Leaf was gone and Dixon was gone. He ran the option again using Harper who became a WR for KSU and is in the draft as a WR. 4 QBs got hurt and he used Masoli to finish the year. NOthing Oregon had said he needed to option as much as he did. But its a superior style of play so he uses it.

Jaws is like Billick. Billick said Chip shouldn't become a pro HC because he can't do it. Jaws is scared of changes and since he didn't run the option he hates it. Trent Dilfer who I trust more thinks its phenominal and thinks it will open passing games all over.

The coaches can try to stop the RO all they want. Its a numbers game and in order to get more than 1-1 with the RB you have to sacrifice others. Even then you leave 1-1 coverage.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group