Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We have 5 QB's all "fighting for a spot"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: We have 5 QB's all "fighting for a spot" Reply with quote

So we've got

1. Vick

2. Dixon

3. Edwards

4. Foles

5. Kinne

I mean good jesus we've got a carousel back there. It's not gonna be long before ESPN and NFL Network shift there attention from the FA Market to us.

After seeing Vick last year struggle in an Andy Reid type offense I'm not sure he can mentally keep up with the game to run this offense this year. So I say start Dixon. He's got a good arm and ran the Oregon offense before. Even if Kelly doesn't decide to run the exact same offense he ran at Oregon, it's even remotely up tempo Dixon should be the one to run it. I would like to see Edwards and Vick mentor Foles and Dixon.

We spend this entire draft getting weapons to put around the QB position, and if we suck yet again then we can draft Bridgewater, Manziel, or Chip's former QB Mariota. Either one of the three is dramatically better than what we have now.

What Dennis Dixon can do for our offense - Once this guy gets those wheels going he's GONE. Kaepernick was able to freeze up defenses with that element which led to his 7-3 record. Dixon is arguably faster than him.

PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: We have 5 QB's all "fighting for a spot" Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:

Look at B-Rex getting freaked on. Laughing
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 dudes who are cover a wide spectrum of skill-sets but none of whom are that great of NFL quarterbacks.

Vick sucks if you ask him to play fundamental quarterback. Which is totally insane because that just happens to be the position he plays. And don't tell me about Vick somehow becoming the golden child for the "option offense", the reason teams are going toward those types of offenses with your RG3s, Wilsons and Kaepernicks is because they did it in college and so they had a familiarity with it. Did Vick even run that in college? He certainly hasn't done it at the pro level, so to preclude that he already will make an easy transition to that style of offense is hopeful at best.

Dixon has accomplished nothing.

Edwards has accomplished nothing.

Foles has accomplished nothing.

And as it stands Kinne is nothing.

I doubt the media makes a big deal of our QB situation, it's really not that interesting because all five guys are not interesting.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
5 dudes who are cover a wide spectrum of skill-sets but none of whom are that great of NFL quarterbacks.

Vick sucks if you ask him to play fundamental quarterback. Which is totally insane because that just happens to be the position he plays. And don't tell me about Vick somehow becoming the golden child for the "option offense", the reason teams are going toward those types of offenses with your RG3s, Wilsons and Kaepernicks is because they did it in college and so they had a familiarity with it. Did Vick even run that in college? He certainly hasn't done it at the pro level, so to preclude that he already will make an easy transition to that style of offense is hopeful at best.

Dixon has accomplished nothing.

Edwards has accomplished nothing.

Foles has accomplished nothing.

And as it stands Kinne is nothing.

I doubt the media makes a big deal of our QB situation, it's really not that interesting because all five guys are not interesting.

Did you read my post at all? Where was I in support of Vick at all? If you were agreeing with me, then yes

I agree. And Vick has just gotten worse ever since he became the focal point of the offense. We need to get that run game going with shady and BB and run options with Dixon. Dixon can run that Rg3/Kaep/Russell Wilson offense and be successful as he already did it.

@ Powerelite

LOL Very Happy didn't even notice.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh yeah I was making my own points.

I've always been in favor of getting a quarterback who can play quarterback for the Eagles. I see Dennis Dixon as no more than your typical gimmick player who has to resort to funky option styles to compensate for the simple fact that if you asked him to play quarterback... he would fail miserably.

And yeah, Dixon's done the option offense... half a decade ago in college. College success means nothing at the pro level. Having successfully ran the option offense in college does not necessarily mean he's going to have an easy time against NFL defenses.

It's the same no matter what style of QB you have. A few guys can beat NFL defensive game plans more often than they are defeated by it, and the vast majority fall into that latter category.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Uhh yeah I was making my own points.

I've always been in favor of getting a quarterback who can play quarterback for the Eagles. I see Dennis Dixon as no more than your typical gimmick player who has to resort to funky option styles to compensate for the simple fact that if you asked him to play quarterback... he would fail miserably.

And yeah, Dixon's done the option offense... half a decade ago in college. College success means nothing at the pro level. Having successfully ran the option offense in college does not necessarily mean he's going to have an easy time against NFL defenses.

It's the same no matter what style of QB you have. A few guys can beat NFL defensive game plans more often than they are defeated by it, and the vast majority fall into that latter category.

Your negative view does nothing but reinforce what ever Eagles fan already knows. You think I don't know this? You think Kelly doesn't know this? Hell Dixon and Vick themselves know. Look...we've got who we got. And we're going to have to deal with it in order to build up this year and draft a franchise QB next year.

I don't like this situation anymore than any other fan does, but just repeating the same stuff over and over and being negative about it is not only boring, but it's depressing. Have some team passion. We've got good players, a much better coach( IMO) and we might be able to do some damage this year if we draft as well as I expect. If KC chiefs fans were that garbage and can still laugh and try to find the best situation for their team there is absolutely no reason why you can't. Who knows Dixon might win us some games with those legs.
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reserve the right to be proven wrong, and the players reserve the right to prove me wrong.

Until that happens, I'm calling things how I see it.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

team passion≠blindless optimism
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's interesting about the QB situation is that a lot of continue to assume that Kelly will just run the spread option because he did it in college and that restructuring Vicky and signing Dixon proves that. However, the current rumor is that Kelly is leaning towards something a little more similar to what the Patriots do. If that's the case, then Foles, or possibly Edwards, is the best QB on the team and the best fit. This is also supported by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE (when combined with Kelly's comments afterwards).

So really, the best we can do is say "We're not sure what he's gonna do".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I reserve the right to be proven wrong, and the players reserve the right to prove me wrong.

Fair enough..

But what is your opinion on who should start? I think a Dennis Dixon shady combo is great. We should try to get a WR like Robert Woods from USC or Conner Vernon from Duke out of the draft to help out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly Draft Kenyon for slot/KR late. I would like Tyrann Mathieu anywhere late in the draft, I think he's changed his life around. We can do some work in those later rounds.
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
What's interesting about the QB situation is that a lot of continue to assume that Kelly will just run the spread option because he did it in college and that restructuring Vicky and signing Dixon proves that. However, the current rumor is that Kelly is leaning towards something a little more similar to what the Patriots do. If that's the case, then Foles, or possibly Edwards, is the best QB on the team and the best fit. This is also supported by the signing of Casey specifically as a TE (when combined with Kelly's comments afterwards).

This is absolutely true and something we all need to keep in mind. The 'option offense' isn't a guarantee, and would make the Pat Shurmur hire a complete waste of time, money, and space.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:

True, the window to move Foles for best value seems to have come and gone. At this point, and not to sound too contradictory to previous statements I've made about him, I would rather give Foles a chance to start than run with Vick again. I have no issue paying that $3.5M guaranteed and having Vick ride the pine.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:

I don't follow. He never had a Brady like Qb running his offense in Oregon so why would Edwards or Foles be the best choice? I don't think he will run his "run up the field" offense from Oregon, but he has said in interviews he will try to score as many points as possible as fast as possible. I am actually one of the few people who like Foles and what he showed late last year. I don't want to hold the guy hostage if he went to the Jets or Billss right now he would automatically be the best QB on the roster.
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Phire wrote:

Fair enough..

But what is your opinion on who should start? I think a Dennis Dixon shady combo is great. We should try to get a WR like Robert Woods from USC or Conner Vernon from Duke out of the draft to help out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly Draft Kenyon for slot/KR late. I would like Tyrann Mathieu anywhere late in the draft, I think he's changed his life around. We can do some work in those later rounds.

I'm always going to want the best player we have to start. If that ends up being Kinne, then so be it. If it's Vick, then so be it.

As long as the team doesn't get attached to the hip with a bad quarterback.

I don't honestly know if the future Eagles quarterback is on the roster at this moment. I really, really, really think the new regime will select the face of the franchise in either this year's draft or next year's draft.

Sure, some new head coaches never get their guy. But I think there's a higher tendency for new regime coaches to acquire their own quarterback to play on their team. We listed all the examples of this happening in another thread that's been lost into the abyss.

Andy Reid drew a bad hand and had to leave the poker table.
He had a "7 of Vicks", "4 of Foles" and neither was good enough to remain on the table.
So he got up and left.
Chip Kelly filled his seat on invitation and picked up those same cards. Vick, Foles, and Edwards are Andy Reid's greasy leftovers.

At some point Chip's going to draw a strong card, and even if we don't know what that's going to be, at least that feeling is probably there.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 QB system.

Foles in the Patriots offense. Dixon or Vick in the oregon offense, winning

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: