You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taking a Guard at 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 42289
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the first 2 picks the Titans make are a combination of any of the following positions then I'll be happy: WR, TE, OG, C, DT, DE, CB, S.
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 43935
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
As long as the first 2 picks the Titans make are a combination of any of the following positions then I'll be happy: WR, TE, OG, C, DT, DE, CB, S.


No... no TE please.

Remove that, keep the rest and I'm fine with it.
_________________

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14792
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
As long as the first 2 picks the Titans make are a combination of any of the following positions then I'll be happy: WR, TE, OG, C, DT, DE, CB, S.


I'll be fine with no OG/C in the first two. Don't see the need for a TE either.

Outside of that I'm good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


FF Fanatic

Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 12030
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've purposely not said much this year about our direction in the draft mainly because I haven't had as much time to research the prospects as in years past. So thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge here!

I'm getting more and more comfortable with the idea of Warmack at 10 though. Coupled with the Levitre signing and the anticipated return to health of Stewart, I think we could have the best OLine in the league. At that point, you've removed the excuses for Locker and CJ2K. We find out for sure if Jake is the future and are well-equipped for another young QB to succeed if Jake fails.

The other thing I like about Warmack is he seems to be a near-unanimous "safest pick". When you're picking that high in the draft, I'd rather have a 90% chance that someone will be great - even at a position of perhaps less influence - than a 40% chance that someone will be great at a more impactful position.

Do we need help on the DLine and in the secondary? Of course. But if the talent (in FA and the Draft) lends itself toward offensive improvement this year, then worst case is we watch our offense win some shootouts this year and get that side of the ball set for the next 5 years. We can spend more resources on defense next year. Anyone who dreams of a Lombardi trophy in 11 months is probably not looking at things realistically. Sure it could happen, but there's no reason to reach for a prospect in the hopes of plugging all your holes in one offseason when you can grab a more sure-fire 10 year starter. If Warmack is the real deal like everyone seems to agree, let's plug him in and start dominating the trenches week in and week out!

I will add this though - based on our visits and interviews list, it looks like we may try to find a guard in rounds 2-4 instead of spending #10 on one. I'll be ok with that - I just object to ruling out guard in the 1st simply on the basis of not having enough of a perceived impact on the game.
_________________


Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Niznag74


Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Posts: 7104
Location: Huntersville, NC
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to take the person you think is the best person on the board when its your turn to pick. If that is a C, OG, TE, or whoever is there you have to take them. With the rookie pay scale you don't have to spend a top 10 pick on someone that is going to be a star position on the field, now you can just take the best that is in the draft. If OG is the best at 10 I want us to take that G or trade back. I don't think we should take someone else just bc they are a CB or a WR. You should take the best that is there not the flashiest position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 9378
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick I have to agree with you that Warmack is likely the safest pick in this draft....with that being said it came out today that we are not looking to go guard in the first.
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
titanrick I have to agree with you that Warmack is likely the safest pick in this draft....with that being said it came out today that we are not looking to go guard in the first.
It came out today that we no longer view a guard in the first two rounds as a must now that we have Levitre, doesn't mean that we won't consider one if we consider them the BPA.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 2679
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine and all as long as we have a plan in place to sure up that RG spot. We can't go plug some garbage in the spot and think we're good to go. Then again, not taking an OG in the 1st could just be a lot of public lip service to throw the other teams off in the draft. Remember that. I still think we should make a play for Willie Colon from the Steelers if we're really not going after a Guard in the high rounds.
But now my question is, what and who do we plan to take in the first two rounds?

_________________
HEALTH STATEMENT: I'm not "fat", just well nutritioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
titanrick


FF Fanatic

Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 12030
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niznag74 wrote:
I think you have to take the person you think is the best person on the board when its your turn to pick. If that is a C, OG, TE, or whoever is there you have to take them. With the rookie pay scale you don't have to spend a top 10 pick on someone that is going to be a star position on the field, now you can just take the best that is in the draft. If OG is the best at 10 I want us to take that G or trade back. I don't think we should take someone else just bc they are a CB or a WR. You should take the best that is there not the flashiest position.


Another important point that I meant to mention, but forgot. A couple years ago you could rightly argue that you can't pay a OG top 10 money in the draft. That would necessarily hinder your ability to address other positions. Now, the new rookie pay scale has made that much less of a concern.
_________________


Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 1566
Location: Mariota Marriott
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
... not taking an OG in the 1st could just be a lot of public lip service to throw the other teams off in the draft.



I have no trouble believing HoF Offensive lineman Munch could take Warmack at #10.
_________________


2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 15568
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to become the leader of the Sheldon Richardson train.

I really think he could come in and make an impact day 1.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 43935
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a glance over at the other thread where we've visited / talked to players, all the interior linemen that the team has spoken to / given a closer look at are projected in the 2-4 round range, with nothing regarding Warmack, Cooper, or Warford.

While there is still time for them to do so, and I wouldn't necessarily be against it, but it seems like the Titans have no intentions of using the #10 pick on an interior lineman at this time. Second round is a possibility.
_________________

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32991
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
I think I'm going to become the leader of the Sheldon Richardson train.

I really think he could come in and make an impact day 1.


Jump on the back because I've been driving the Richardson to Titans hype train for months now.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 15568
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
I think I'm going to become the leader of the Sheldon Richardson train.

I really think he could come in and make an impact day 1.


Jump on the back because I've been driving the Richardson to Titans hype train for months now.


Shotgun?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32991
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
I think I'm going to become the leader of the Sheldon Richardson train.

I really think he could come in and make an impact day 1.


Jump on the back because I've been driving the Richardson to Titans hype train for months now.


Shotgun?


You got it.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group