Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taking a Guard at 10
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Taking a Guard at 10 Reply with quote

Just starting up some conversation.

Why take a guard at 10 when you can take a guy like Warford in the 2nd. He would be a starter at RG from day 1.

I think a top 10 pick needs to be a impact player at an impact position.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're guaranteed to get Warford in the second round, then I'm more than fine looking a different direction at No. 10. But there is no guarantee that he will be available and there's no guarantee that someone that we never thought would slip would drop to our second.

I'm not going to be broken up if we don't draft Chance, but if we view him as a 10-year starter and a future All-Pro, I don't care what position he plays, you plug him in and never think twice.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Warford is as good as you folks say he is, who says he will be available when our pick comes up in the second? Maybe some other teams rates him just there with Warmack, sees an immediate starter, and chooses him late first / early second before us?

Or on the flip side, maybe Warford is slightly overrated?

In the NFL Draft, there's no guarantee a player will fall to where you are sitting, unless you are one of the top few picks and the teams in front of you are near certain to take a certain position.

You build a big board, and you go with your BVA. If that so happens to be a guard in Warmack or Cooper, so be it. I'd rather us do that now, then if Locker turns out to be a bust, we can draft a QB next year and plug him in behind a line that can offer great protection and push in the ground game.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Finnerception

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me the BPA between DB and interior OL unless someone really talented falls.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
If Warford is as good as you folks say he is, who says he will be available when our pick comes up in the second? Maybe some other teams rates him just there with Warmack, sees an immediate starter, and chooses him late first / early second before us?

Or on the flip side, maybe Warford is slightly overrated?

In the NFL Draft, there's no guarantee a player will fall to where you are sitting, unless you are one of the top few picks and the teams in front of you are near certain to take a certain position.

You build a big board, and you go with your BVA. If that so happens to be a guard in Warmack or Cooper, so be it. I'd rather us do that now, then if Locker turns out to be a bust, we can draft a QB next year and plug him in behind a line that can offer great protection and push in the ground game.

I agree with titans0021 and the highlighted comment is spot on. You have a chance to build a monster OL in this single offseason you do it. I want Warmack or Cooper if Star does not fall. It all starts with a great OL & DL. The opportunity to solidify the OL for years is to good to pass up at #10. The big bad wolf in the AFC South right now is JJ Watt, you have to take out the big bad wolf when you can. A defensive pick at #10 is not going to nuetralize JJ Watt. For years the big bad wolf in the AFC South was 5-head, and the teams drafted accordingly.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruston just said on Local radio that the signing of Levitre makes it where we don't have to sign an OG in the 1st. Gives us "flexibility."

Said that "Starting OGs are available all the way through the 3rd round."

To me that says No to an OG in the 1st. Sure you can 'overkill' it and spend big money and then an 1st rounder, but it isn't needed.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Ruston just said on Local radio that the signing of Levitre makes it where we don't have to sign an OG in the 1st. Gives us "flexibility."

To me that says No to an OG in the 1st. Sure you can 'overkill' it and spend big money and then an 1st rounder, but it isn't needed.

I agree, but he is also right there are starting guards possibly even into the 4th. This may be the deepest draft in NFL history we need to take advantage of it, so Ruston start working on trading down Exclamation

Props to Kempes ^
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

I agree, but he is also right there are starting guards possibly even into the 4th. This may be the deepest draft in NFL history we need to take advantage of it, so Ruston start working on trading down Exclamation

Yep...am I wrong in assuming that the RG doesn't have to do as much as the LG?
He said Levitre will be doing more of the pulling and things of that nature. So I'm guessing a RG won't have to do as much...so a rookie can fit right in...

I'm convinced that we won't go OG in the 1st.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

He said Levitre will be doing more of the pulling and things of that nature. So I'm guessing a RG won't have to do as much...so a rookie can fit right in...

Agreed, unless they fall I would throw Cooper and Warmack off our board. The first guard I would target is Warford and I would go from there, but you have players like Dallas Thomas, Kyle Long, Justin Pugh, Matt Summers-Gavin, Barrett Jones, Brian Winters, Brian Schwenke, David Quessenberry, David Bakiatari and Travis Fredrick are players that could fall between the 2nd and 5th and all have starting potential and all but Quessenberry and Bakiatari could start from day one.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

I am ok with that if they address RG in the 2nd round.

I believe Kyle Long is a sleeper pick for the Titans. He reminds me of Big Country with the nasty streak he plays with. Maybe he is mad he is balding prematurely and he cannot rock the flat top like his old man. Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the WR flirtation I'm starting to think they are unsure of Britt and want more reliable options. Think they might try to get Cord in the 1st then do something like Tank in the 2nd, Barrett Jones in the 3rd?

I'm all for taking a G at 10, but, like everyone else has stated, feel he will only be the pick if Star, Ansah, Milliner, Richardson have all been picked. Maybe a trade down and pick up Cooper?
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:
With all the WR flirtation I'm starting to think they are unsure of Britt and want more reliable options. Think they might try to get Cord in the 1st then do something like Tank in the 2nd, Barrett Jones in the 3rd?

I'm all for taking a G at 10, but, like everyone else has stated, feel he will only be the pick if Star, Ansah, Milliner, Richardson have all been picked. Maybe a trade down and pick up Cooper?

I have little to no interest in Patterson in the 1st, honestly I would rather take Tavon Austin. Patterson is a great player but he might be the biggest gamble of this entire draft. I like Tank in the 2nd.

Honestly the only what we should stay at 10 is if Milliner or Ansah is on the board. Otherwise we should try our best to trade down.

Props to Kempes ^
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also thinking the same thing regarding wr. It seems they are merely looking for slot guys.
I'm starting to really hope we can get Dee in the 1st, Tank in 2nd then a G in the 3rd sometime.

If we taking a G in the 1st you will hear no complaining from me, however.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
TheMonarch1110 wrote:

I have little to no interest in Patterson in the 1st, honestly I would rather take Tavon Austin. Patterson is a great player but he might be the biggest gamble of this entire draft. I like Tank in the 2nd.

Honestly the only what we should stay at 10 is if Milliner or Ansah is on the board. Otherwise we should try our best to trade down.
Laughing

How so?

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
TheMonarch1110 wrote:

Austin has talent... but we took his slower clone last year in the draft. Back to back first round picks on short receivers isn't the brightest idea. Both are better fitted in the slot.

That being said, Austin's not slow or fat like Wright, but I would absolutely still hate the pick.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: