Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lousy for Clowney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
To the man who said Teddy is a running/read option QB... I revoke you from ever talking about Teddy again until you watch some film. If you watched at least ONE of his games you would know that is not the case. The man had less than 30 yards rushing on the season.

For telling people what they can and cannot do about the guy, you should be a little more informed yourself b/c this is entirely inaccurate. Hell, he had 75 in one game alone LOL.

Sacks come off the QBs rushing total in college while passing totals in the pros. His sacks lessened his rushing total for the years but he had plenty more than 30 rushing yards LOL

so Andrew Luck had almost 500 yards rushing in 1 season, does that make him a read option quarterback

Luck is actually pretty athletic and can run the read option. However it would be dumb for him to run it because he's more likely to be injured.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
To the man who said Teddy is a running/read option QB... I revoke you from ever talking about Teddy again until you watch some film. If you watched at least ONE of his games you would know that is not the case. The man had less than 30 yards rushing on the season.

For telling people what they can and cannot do about the guy, you should be a little more informed yourself b/c this is entirely inaccurate. Hell, he had 75 in one game alone LOL.

Sacks come off the QBs rushing total in college while passing totals in the pros. His sacks lessened his rushing total for the years but he had plenty more than 30 rushing yards LOL

so Andrew Luck had almost 500 yards rushing in 1 season, does that make him a read option quarterback

Luck is actually pretty athletic and can run the read option. However it would be dumb for him to run it because he's more likely to be injured.

Sure but doeshe need it? Is it the primary reason for his success as a passer? That's what they're getting at with Bridgewater.
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

Sure but doeshe need it? Is it the primary reason for his success as a passer? That's what they're getting at with Bridgewater.

Ok I get you. Although the sack thing raises up another question, how many sacks does he take?

He seems pretty elusive in his highlight videos but then again that's just highlights. Anyone know?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

Don't know and don't care. That wasn't the point of my post.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

Precisely why these QBs will not last. Their shelf lives are so much shorter than a traditional pocket passer. Give me Peyton Manning over RGIII 15 times out of 10.

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

Imo, it's a travesty how under-appreciated Luck is as an athlete
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer "Join the Clown Parade". Does Lousy for Clowney even rhyme? I'm old.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

lol never said he wasn't an athlete
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

lol never said he wasn't an athlete

My comment has nothing to do with yours. I was coat-tailing JTagg
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy Bridgewater is NOT a read option QB. Nor is he run first. Stop this nonsense NOW.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Teddy Bridgewater is NOT a read option QB. Nor is he run first. Stop this nonsense NOW.

This. Dude looks looks like a pro playing QB. Great arm strength, great accuracy, and great pocket awareness.
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

I dont understand your point. My point is that Teddy is a pocket QB. If you want a reference point for his 26 yards rushing... that number ranks him 173rd in all of college football.

And if you want to factor in the sack yardage. He threw for 286 yards per game and ran for 18 yards per game.

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
91jmay wrote:

This. Dude looks looks like a pro playing QB. Great arm strength, great accuracy, and great pocket awareness.

I thought all QB's that look like him were run first QBs though ? Laughing

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Raiders/Warriors/A's
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that I expect us to pick no lower then number 5-6 next year, and im ok with it. Were in a full on rebuild, we lack talent, and depth. Were in for another terrible year next year. Now I hope thats not the case, I hope that we show some real signs of improvement, but I dont see it being realistic.

And while I will never root for us to lose, I cant say I hate the idea of landing a guy like Clowney next year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo_This_Man wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

I dont understand your point. My point is that Teddy is a pocket QB. If you want a reference point for his 26 yards rushing... that number ranks him 173rd in all of college football.

And if you want to factor in the sack yardage. He threw for 286 yards per game and ran for 18 yards per game.

Bridgewater ran for much more than 26 yards last season. MUCH more and his sack yardage is already included, so there is no "if".

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: