Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Gibson to visit Friday!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FutureIsWhite


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 84
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Brandon Gibson to visit Friday!! Reply with quote

Well it's not jennings or amendola but he could be a good addition and if Washington is traded he could fill in rather nicely! http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33602/Brandon-Gibson-to-visit-the-Titans-on-Friday/Default.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2390
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he'll make it here. He has visits scheduled with the Jets and Dolphins before us.
_________________

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FutureIsWhite


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 84
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good possibility, this offseason has been insane. I thought we would start out fast from the gate but not this fast. After Getting levitre, hill, greene, fokou, and walker, getting Gibson would cover almost all are needs we had going into free agency just needing a de, safety (depth), cb, and a rg. We still would have Washington as trade bait, and the 10th pick in the draft . I'm thinking now we could go cb or de in the first, getting levitre changed the titans entire draft outlook. Lets Keep it going Titans , chips all in !!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 2891
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does "FutureIsWhite" refer to LenDale White?

I know that's completely off-topic, but I'm actually curious. Laughing

On topic..We've already got 3 receivers on the team who can give equal if not better production than him. No reason to add him, unless we get rid of Nate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FutureIsWhite


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 84
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@titanlegend , yea funny you say that I'm actually looking into changing it (quite the process) , I don't post that much but I've been on this site at least once a day for about seven years. I was at the draft in NY when we drafted young and white. Thought it was the greatest day ever ! Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VYoung10


Joined: 02 Oct 2008
Posts: 8790
Location: Billings-406
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FutureIsWhite wrote:
@titanlegend , yea funny you say that I'm actually looking into changing it (quite the process) , I don't post that much but I've been on this site at least once a day for about seven years. I was at the draft in NY when we drafted young and white. Thought it was the greatest day ever ! Lol

I still think it was, don't ever change.
A name makes you who you are.
Hell ask ET, boy was that boy blind. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finnerception


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 12985
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danario Alexander is there and ripe for the taking though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheMonarch1110


Joined: 09 Mar 2013
Posts: 129
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per rotoworld, he has left his visit with the Jets.

If we were to sign him it'd be kind of a "meh" signing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renndawg37


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 1439
Location: Toronto, ON
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FutureIsWhite wrote:
That's a good possibility, this offseason has been insane. I thought we would start out fast from the gate but not this fast. After Getting levitre, hill, greene, fokou, and walker, getting Gibson would cover almost all are needs we had going into free agency just needing a de, safety (depth), cb, and a rg. We still would have Washington as trade bait, and the 10th pick in the draft . I'm thinking now we could go cb or de in the first, getting levitre changed the titans entire draft outlook. Lets Keep it going Titans , chips all in !!


Don't forget George Wilson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9858
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
FutureIsWhite wrote:
That's a good possibility, this offseason has been insane. I thought we would start out fast from the gate but not this fast. After Getting levitre, hill, greene, fokou, and walker, getting Gibson would cover almost all are needs we had going into free agency just needing a de, safety (depth), cb, and a rg. We still would have Washington as trade bait, and the 10th pick in the draft . I'm thinking now we could go cb or de in the first, getting levitre changed the titans entire draft outlook. Lets Keep it going Titans , chips all in !!


Don't forget George Wilson.


I can live with Gibson i suppose if Danario Alexander is realy available i dont know why we havnt contacted him but if we do sign Gibson im cool with it i still want another DE if its Freeny Abraham or someone else
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ockham


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 3166
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to article on Gibson and a video of every target he had:

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/3/8/4073400/NFL-Free-Agents-St-Louis-Rams-Brandon-Gibson-2012-Review
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 6827
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Link to article on Gibson and a video of every target he had:

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/3/8/4073400/NFL-Free-Agents-St-Louis-Rams-Brandon-Gibson-2012-Review


Hmm..28 minute video..I'll watch if we sign him. Laughing
_________________


Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2401
Location: NC
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brandon Gibson coming off a good year. Turned 57.3% of his 75 targets into 1st downs or TDs. Highest % of any WR (only Gronk had higher %)


Of his 51 catches, 43 of them were for first down (84.3% first down rate).

For comparisons sake, here's our WR last year
Wright 64 catches, 38 1st downs (59.4 %)
Britt 45 catches, 24 1st downs (53.3%)
Washington 46 catches, 31 1st downs (67.4%)
Cook 44 catches, 24 1st downs (54.5%)


If nothing else Gibson's a chain mover which is what the coaching staff is looking for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
T1TANS f4n LIFE


Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 1674
Location: Manchester, TN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the video..Looks solid and physical - something Nate isn't. Some pretty athletic catches as well. Consistently beats his man on slants and you can tell Bradford trusts him when he's looking to move the chains that way. Looks like he runs similar routes to what Nate does here. I'll take him over Washington any day. I love Nate, but im so sick of seeing him go down on first contact. Dude can't break a tackle to save his life.

One negative... he had some miscues in the video with Bradford. With Nate, you know where he's going to be. So that's something to think about I guess. I'd still take him over #85.
_________________
[Sig by Sandwhich]
XBL: SupeR TIT4N
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FIVESTARTITAN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jdt3000


Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good target for Locker and can play tough in middle fields.If we get him release Hawk and Williams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group