Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Johnathan Banks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, corner was a big need before cutting Winfield....so ya, they need to sign one and draft one.....
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Either way, corner was a big need before cutting Winfield....so ya, they need to sign one and draft one.....

Oh I don't know... I think one or the other would be fine. You have to take calculated risks, and I think they are banking on the development of Jefferson and Robinson. Add another young guy and roll the dice. I think there are more pressing needs than that.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

Oh I don't know... I think one or the other would be fine. You have to take calculated risks, and I think they are banking on the development of Jefferson and Robinson. Add another young guy and roll the dice. I think there are more pressing needs than that.

Robinson I can understand, but Jefferson has been awful. I have not heard anyone outside the Vikings forum utter a positive thing about him, and he was burned left and right from all I saw of him (I watched nearly all our games last season).

Peppers90 on the sig.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

Robinson I can understand, but Jefferson has been awful. I have not heard anyone outside the Vikings forum utter a positive thing about him, and he was burned left and right from all I saw of him (I watched nearly all our games last season).

Id say that Jefferson seemed suitable in the slot. He was terrible in coverage down field along the side line.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Id say that Jefferson seemed suitable in the slot. He was terrible in coverage down field along the side line.

I agree, that's the best spot to take advantage of his obvious athletic ability.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we address CB until the 3rd or later, much like we did last year.
chuck44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

Then you saw how bad Robinson was too...everytime he entered the game ..opposing teams went right after him..Robinson got lost in zone coverage and beat man to man...he needs a ton of work...Jefferson needs to work on ball skills..his coverage is solid..he was a victim of alot of perfectly thrown balls imo...
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
I don't think we address CB until the 3rd or later, much like we did last year.

Then expect another 2011 season in terms of pass defense. People are severely underrating Antonie Winfield.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one here is undervaluing Winfield.

We are, however, taking the coaching staff at their word that he was going to receive a large decrease in snaps this year.
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

We are, however, taking the coaching staff at their word that he was going to receive a large decrease in snaps this year.

He would have still been the nickle back and would have been on the field for probably around 60% of the plays.

That is assuming Josh Robinson actually earns the starting position rather than having it handed to him. I am sorry but that has not worked out that well for us when we did the same with Guion and Brinkley.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took what Frazier said as Winfield even would have been rotating at the nickel spot.

Winfield will certainly be missed, but I think you're exaggerating when saying posters here undervalue him.
chuck44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

He would have still been the nickle back and would have been on the field for probably around 60% of the plays.

That is assuming Josh Robinson actually earns the starting position rather than having it handed to him. I am sorry but that has not worked out that well for us when we did the same with Guion and Brinkley.

He better earn it ...he was the worst corner in coverage with a -12.6 rating by profootballl focus...i cant figure out why everyone thinks he is that good...he was terrible last year ...he also gave up 6 tds as a part time player.. 2nd worst in the league
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I took what Frazier said as Winfield even would have been rotating at the nickel spot.

Winfield will certainly be missed, but I think you're exaggerating when saying posters here undervalue him.

So you think a player that started for us last season was going to have his snaps reduced that much? Our best corner back was going to suddenly split reps with the 4th corner on the team.

I listened to the Combine interview where Fraizer said they would like to reduce his snaps. They said the same thing about Jared Allen last season but it didn't happen because he is too important to the defense.

I don't believe I am exaggerating at all. This discussion reinforces that opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how the discussion we are having insinuates I undervalue Winfield.

Because I'm not freaking out at his release? Because I took the coaching staff at their word?
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I don't see how the discussion we are having insinuates I undervalue Winfield.

Because I'm not freaking out at his release?

I could be reading it wrong but you seem to be of the opinion that losing Winfield will hurt some but we will be fine because he wasn't going to play a lot anyway.

Is that accurate? If I am wrong I apologize.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: