Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Johnathan Banks?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Johnathan Banks? Reply with quote

Since the recent departure of veteran CB, Antoine Winfield, the Vikings now have a need for another CB. With 2 first round picks and Banks declining stock, due to perform at the combine, the pair seem like a match made in heaven. Banks is a long CB, who is very physical against the run and is most comfortable playing zone coverage. If he falls to 23 or 25, I think we should take him.

Thoughts and/or opinions.
fishtanked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Johnathan Banks? Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
Since the recent departure of veteran CB, Antoine Winfield, the Vikings now have a need for another CB. With 2 first round picks and Banks declining stock, due to perform at the combine, the pair seem like a match made in heaven. Banks is a long CB, who is very physical against the run and is most comfortable playing zone coverage. If he falls to 23 or 25, I think we should take him.

I wouldn't mind that. Go Allen, Banks, Sylvester, Dobson, Kiko, Winters... holes plugged!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see the Vikings get David Amerson. Had 13 interceptions in 2011, he's a playmaker something we lack at the corner position. Cook and Robinson combined for 2 ints last year. If the first 4 picks go Justin Hunter, Sylvester Williams, David Amerson, and Robert Woods/Quinton Patton I think we're solid. I also like the idea of the Vikings signing Urlacher and Jennings to fill the holes on this team. But I do trust Spielman to make big moves, we'll wait and see what he does come draft time.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Johnathan Banks? Reply with quote

fishtanked wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

I wouldn't mind that. Go Allen, Banks, Sylvester, Dobson, Kiko, Winters... holes plugged!

I'd take Hunter over Allen. Hunter and Dobson/Rogers/Bailey would make my life complete lol. I am excited to see how Kiko does tomorrow at Oregon's pro day. Dobson killed it today.
Freakout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Banks a lot but I think corner is one position in this draft that is fairly deep.

I think Jordan Poyer is tailor made as a slot corner in a zone scheme. Though he has had some off the field issues and I question his desire as a tackler.

If you want an outside zone coverage corner I would rather wait until the third round and get a guy like Dwayne Gratz. He is very similar to Chris Cook and a young Cedric Griffin.

David Amerson just does not fit our scheme at all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/david-amerson?id=2540170

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/johnthan-banks?id=2539262

Amerson is a late 2nd early 3rd. His doesn't have the greatest hips, and if you watched the Tennessee game, you can see my boy Zach Rogers burning him.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Darius Slay, Dwayne Gratz, or Will Davis in the third more than Banks in the 2nd.
Boda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me the Honey Badger in the 4th, possibly the 3rd depending how the draft plays out.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplepride323 wrote:
I'd rather see the Vikings get David Amerson. Had 13 interceptions in 2011, he's a playmaker something we lack at the corner position. Cook and Robinson combined for 2 ints last year. If the first 4 picks go Justin Hunter, Sylvester Williams, David Amerson, and Robert Woods/Quinton Patton I think we're solid. I also like the idea of the Vikings signing Urlacher and Jennings to fill the holes on this team. But I do trust Spielman to make big moves, we'll wait and see what he does come draft time.

Banks has the school record with 16 picks, at MSU. He's no slouch, trust me. He works best in man coverage against bigger WRs, and take a look around the divison, Megatron, Nelson, Marshall, Jeffery.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
Give me the Honey Badger in the 4th, possibly the 3rd depending how the draft plays out.

That would be too good to be true. I like him a lot, watched every game he played in at LSU. I would only take him with our 4th round pick, not the early DET pick though.

Last edited by KeithVikings28 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:

If we take the honey badger earlier than the 5th round, I will have lost all faith in Speilman.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who does everyone like better between Banks and Trufant?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKINGS101011 wrote:
Who does everyone like better between Banks and Trufant?

Trufant personally. He just seems like a much better natural athlete.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For our system? Banks, and it's not even close in my mind.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite CB in the draft by a long shot. And I believe he can play in any scheme.

Peppers90 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: