Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fill in the blanks (offense)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2011, Wiz started at C against SD on TNF. The Raiders ran for 191 yards that day.
http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55294/SD_Gamebook.pdf
socallbraider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a fun game...that was The game that Got Wimbley a contract.

I still would prefer to bring in a C/G early in the draft provided we aquire additional picks and have a good old fashion sloberknocker competition for Center and the Guard spots...I m not so sure that Berg(or breisel for that matter) deserve to be ahead of Nix and Parsons...adding a guy Like Jones only raises the level of competition.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:

Wimbley was cut following the 2011 season.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

Embarassed he can't be wrong again surely? His opinion is always supported by statistical facts.....
#clueless
socallbraider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong thread.

Last edited by socallbraider on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
socallbraider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

yeah? and he got signed by Tennesse to a deal he hasnt earned...
did you think I meant the contract he got from Us?

If he doesnt have that game Im thinking he restructures...most agents know what kind of interest their clients will recieve regardless of "tampering" guidlines...he had dome nothing of note pretty much all year up till then...If I remeber correctly he had one other "good game" earlier in the year.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

If he doesnt have that game Im thinking he restructures...most agents know what kind of interest their clients will recieve regardless of "tampering" guidlines...he had dome nothing of note pretty much all year up till then...If I remeber correctly he had one other "good game" earlier in the year.

If you think a vet player got a contract off one game, you're even a worse GM than I thought.

Wimbley was a decent, not great pass rusher his entire career. He was overpaid by Oakland (hence cut) and overpaid again by a team desperate for a pass rusher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

If you think a vet player got a contract off one game, you're even a worse GM than I thought.

Wimbley was a decent, not great pass rusher his entire career. He was overpaid by Oakland (hence cut) and overpaid again by a team desperate for a pass rusher.

Pretty sure thats EXACTLY what happened when the raiders gave a guy they had traded a Third round pick for the franchise tag that pushed his "percieved" value to 10 million dollars becuase he had ONE YEAR of decent production as a Third down pass rusher....and complete stucnk in coverage or tackling.

If you cant follow a pretty obvious corellation like that your even less intelligent then I had given you credit for.

see how that work?
You kids love to filter/mod dodge pointless personal insult line by "toning" them down, as if that makes them any less inappropriate.
When someone retaliates with the same type of juevenile "needling" then you throw up the victim card or try to paint the respondent as needlessly insiting.

Grow up.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

Pretty sure thats EXACTLY what happened when the raiders gave a guy they had traded a Third round pick for the franchise tag that pushed his "percieved" value to 10 million dollars becuase he had ONE YEAR of decent production as a Third down pass rusher....and complete stucnk in coverage or tackling.

If you cant follow a pretty obvious corellation like that your even less intelligent then I had given you credit for.

see how that work?
You kids love to filter/mod dodge pointless personal insult line by "toning" them down, as if that makes them any less inappropriate.
When someone retaliates with the same type of juevenile "needling" then you throw up the victim card or try to paint the respondent as needlessly insiting.

Grow up.

Does every post have to finish with a life lesson Dr. Phil?

You, as is becoming a theme here, have no idea what you're talking about. The Chargers game in which Wimbley amassed 4 sacks was in 2011.

The Raiders tagged Wimbely after the 2010 season in which his rookie contract voided because he met minimum playing time standards. They were forced to franchise tag him or violate the 30% rule in the contract.

He was later resigned to an inflated Al Davis contract which led him to be cut because the production wasn't worth the price paid for Reggie's new regime.

Saying Wimbley had 1 year of production is misguided. He was a decent player in Cleveland prior to coming to Oakland. But he certainly didn't earn his money off one game against SD's backup tackle in 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:

The issue in Wimbley's contract was the amount about to be guaranteed which has nothing to do with that game.
socallbraider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wimbley was close to horrible in Cleveland.
he was a 13th overall pick and had one season of close to equivalant production.
The raiders gave a third for him and he put up 9 sacks while playing atrocious defense in both coverage and tackling....so where did his percieved value exist?
It wasnt as a Run stopping LBer or DE.
It wasnt in an ability to drop into coverage.

It was in the "potential" to rush the passser.
Now...where you get that the 30% rule has anything to do with playing time....well, ill just say your wrong. It has to do with salary increases.

when the league nixed the 5th year buy back based on the 30% rule, the Riders could have let the market set his value and it certainly wouldnt have been at the 10/11 million dollar figure(lol).
So they #1) did not by any means HAVE TO franchise tag him, they could have let him hit FA and then the 30% rule is invalidated...he is free to take any contract he agrees upon.
and #2) his value would have been in line with his worth.

After his tagged season ,he recieved the even more foolish contract to keep him off the franchise tag but the point I was making is that his ONLY value continued to be as a third down pass rushing DE...

He was even worse in coverage and tackling,his Franchised year.
IF NOT FOR THE 4 SACK PERFORMANCE AGAINST THE CHARGERS HE WOULD HAVE HAD A THREE SACK SEASON.

The Raiders approached him about a restructure and he refused.
he hit the FA market and TENN GAVE HIM A DEAL

a STUPID deal...5 year 35 million

Not as bad as the Raiders Offer, but far more then a guy who was good for 16 tackles and 6 sacks while starting @ DE the entire year

without THAT 4 sack performance..I dont see a 51 tackle three sack, three down defensive starter getting 5/35 million FROM ANYONE...maybe you do....
I would characrterize that evaluation in a negative way if you, or anyone else for that matter did, but to a greater point...this is another matter of opinion and as such is not quantifiable, once again your argument is Im "right" based on the greatness of me...
good luck with that....
socallbraider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and on the matter of Life lessons...
I spent 12 years in the Armed Forces.I also grew up in a world that lacked "electronic" communication.In that world, people tended to treat others with respect and if you chose to use confrontational language then you could expect a confrontation.

In my unit,if a guy ran his mouth like you do, he could expect to be walking around with a shiner..Given the fact that we will never meet, I find it decidely childish for you to "pop" stupid behind the safety of a computer..it is the hight of cowardice.It is Tantamount to a child taunting other children from between his mother legs.
Given that we are not in a psoition to resolve any "issues" in the way men, reslove issues, It is my opinion that showing each other the proper respect is paramount.
If that isnt something you can do, then dont respond to my posts.
But continually engaging me in discussion,with aserbic and "in your face" comments is about as punk a move as you could make.

Grow up.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
Wimbley was close to horrible in Cleveland.
he was a 13th overall pick and had one season of close to equivalant production.
The raiders gave a third for him and he put up 9 sacks while playing atrocious defense in both coverage and tackling....so where did his percieved value exist?
It wasnt as a Run stopping LBer or DE.
It wasnt in an ability to drop into coverage.

It was in the "potential" to rush the passser.
Now...where you get that the 30% rule has anything to do with playing time....well, ill just say your wrong. It has to do with salary increases.

when the league nixed the 5th year buy back based on the 30% rule, the Riders could have let the market set his value and it certainly wouldnt have been at the 10/11 million dollar figure(lol).
So they #1) did not by any means HAVE TO franchise tag him, they could have let him hit FA and then the 30% rule is invalidated...he is free to take any contract he agrees upon.
and #2) his value would have been in line with his worth.

After his tagged season ,he recieved the even more foolish contract to keep him off the franchise tag but the point I was making is that his ONLY value continued to be as a third down pass rushing DE...

He was even worse in coverage and tackling,his Franchised year.
IF NOT FOR THE 4 SACK PERFORMANCE AGAINST THE CHARGERS HE WOULD HAVE HAD A THREE SACK SEASON.

The Raiders approached him about a restructure and he refused.
he hit the FA market and TENN GAVE HIM A DEAL

a STUPID deal...5 year 35 million

Not as bad as the Raiders Offer, but far more then a guy who was good for 16 tackles and 6 sacks while starting @ DE the entire year

without THAT 4 sack performance..I dont see a 51 tackle three sack, three down defensive starter getting 5/35 million FROM ANYONE...maybe you do....
I would characrterize that evaluation in a negative way if you, or anyone else for that matter did, but to a greater point...this is another matter of opinion and as such is not quantifiable, once again your argument is Im "right" based on the greatness of me...
good luck with that....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakland-raiders-kamerion-wimbley-franchise-tag-022411

Quote:
Wimbley’s rookie contract was set to void because he met minimum playing time standards set forth in the deal.

That voided the rookie deal. Then came the 30% clause came into effect.

Finally, Wimbley puts pressure on the QB. It's not all about sacks. His ability to pressure the QB (ranked among the top pass rushers in applying pressure) is what got him paid. He'd been doing it for years in the NFL. It was not a single game that put him on the map. That's just blind if you truly believe that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great. One of these guys.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
and on the matter of Life lessons...
I spent 12 years in the Armed Forces.I also grew up in a world that lacked "electronic" communication.In that world, people tended to treat others with respect and if you chose to use confrontational language then you could expect a confrontation.

In my unit,if a guy ran his mouth like you do, he could expect to be walking around with a shiner..Given the fact that we will never meet, I find it decidely childish for you to "pop" stupid behind the safety of a computer..it is the hight of cowardice.It is Tantamount to a child taunting other children from between his mother legs.
Given that we are not in a psoition to resolve any "issues" in the way men, reslove issues, It is my opinion that showing each other the proper respect is paramount.
If that isnt something you can do, then dont respond to my posts.
But continually engaging me in discussion,with aserbic and "in your face" comments is about as punk a move as you could make.

Grow up.

Practice what you preach. You're condescending know it all attitude is really just the ultimate sign of respect right?

You're not respecting anyone else's opinion. Talking down to them, etc. and you want respect?

And I find it hilarious with all your age and wisdom and know it all behavior you still are not above bickering with kids on the internet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: