Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots sign WR Danny Amendola to 5-year, $27.7M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these Rams Wide Receivers who can't stay healthy with us always seem to find jobs elsewhere. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
green24 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
The Patriots agreed to a 5-year deal with Danny Amendola, source says. 5 years, $31M. $10 guaranteed. Avg: $6.1

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/311980994569838592
Laughing 100k more than Welker.

I honestly wonder if they threw that extra million in there just because.

The avg is 6.2/year, not 6.1

Just about to post that. Rapoport sucks at math. Laughing

Obviously that was Rapaport's mistake and not Billy's. I would expect a complex computer to not mess up a simple calculation.

Il appreciate the thanks for the update, minus your a computer jokes Cool

I will concede defeat based on the terrible grammar in that sentence Laughing

Or I could make another joke, like "Did your version of windown not come with spell check?" but I won't

Wink

In all honesty doe ur awesome for having these up so fast. Saves me from having to stay on twitter

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV

Last edited by JBURGE25 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Ecstatic he's not a Ram anymore, but I wouldn't be happy with my team paying this much for a severely injury-prone slot WR. Welker was the much better value.

Welker @ Welker production for 2 years, or Amendola at ? production for 5 years, at the same price.. hmmmm.....

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good signing for New England. Amendola probably has more upside than Welker going forward
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Good signing for New England. Amendola probably has more upside than Welker going forward

Great player but can he stay healthy?

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Ecstatic he's not a Ram anymore, but I wouldn't be happy with my team paying this much for a severely injury-prone slot WR. Welker was the much better value.

Welker @ Welker production for 2 years, or Amendola at ? production for 5 years, at the same price.. hmmmm.....

You're insinuating that the longer deal is a foregone benefit to the team, but I'm here to tell you that a long contract for an injury prone player can be just the opposite. I'd rather have Welker at his deal because I know exactly what I'm getting.
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Amendola has not proven he can stay healthy so welker.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

You're insinuating that the longer deal is a foregone benefit to the team, but I'm here to tell you that a long contract for an injury prone player can be just the opposite. I'd rather have Welker at his deal because I know exactly what I'm getting.

No, no, I was insinuating I would rather have Welker at his production for 2 rather than be locked into a 5 with Amendola. Sorry I didn't make that clear

I thought the ? production at the same price as Welker was clear enough that I liked the Welker deal more

Revel8 wrote:

Avicii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Amendola has only 10M in guarantees over 5 years while Welker has 12M in guarantees in 2 years.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated by many he has had injury trouble. Surprised he got more than Welker, but than again I guess he has more upside than him. He is faster than Welker.

I'm glad Amendola got paid.
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called this back in November.
But I'm ecstatic. Now if we sign Gibson we'll have an all Ram WRs except Matt Slater.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avicii wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Amendola has only 10M in guarantees over 5 years while Welker has 12M in guarantees in 2 years.

Not really a big deal to me. Being a 2 year contract and the type of player Welker is, wouldn't you fully expect him to make the 12 million in 2 years anyways? I would. Only negative there is it makes your owner's wallet a little thinner for the time being.
AJG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably better than having Welker at $10 million+/year, but I would still rather have Welker for 6 million/year for two years than this guy making the same money per year over 5 years. Main difference is that Welker would more than likely average 1200+ yards and 110 receptions with the Patriots. I think the Patriots would be lucky to see near that sort of production from Amendola, even if he is healthy.

Amendola might be a good addition for the Patriots, and if he, Gronkowski and Hernandez can stay healthy, this passing offense will be lethal. But that's a huge if. I think they need a little bit more depth if they're not going to have a go to guy like Welker on the field.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Great signing will replace the void left by Welker.
"replace the void"? Confused Laughing

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
I don't believe in coincidences. So: Welker leaves Patriots for $6M per year in Denver. Danny Amendola signs for $6.1M per year #Math

My response

Quote:
My name ‏@JamesPackFan195
@RapSheet Amendola signs for 5 years, 31 million. That's 6.2/year, not 6.1. #Math

Revel8 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: