Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sims a Raider

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3436
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Sims a Raider Reply with quote

DT Pat Sims was signed today by the Raiders.

Shame we lost a major player in the run game. Still/Thompson need to fill the big guys shoes. I think the numbers showed that when big Pat was in there we were a full yard better on run D.

Will we fill the hole ?
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6064
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Thompson is a very similiar player. It would have been a waste to keep Sims and prevent the younger guys from contributing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ark23


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 1559
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Brandon Thompson is a very similiar player. It would have been a waste to keep Sims and prevent the younger guys from contributing

This is how I feel. Thompson got a redshirt year last year and Still barely played after Sims came back from injury. They are both very promising and I think we drafted them with the knowledge that it wasn't likely Sims would return. We'll be fine at DT with Geno, Peko, Still and Thompson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16791
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Brandon Thompson is a very similiar player. It would have been a waste to keep Sims and prevent the younger guys from contributing

This is how I feel. Thompson got a redshirt year last year and Still barely played after Sims came back from injury. They are both very promising and I think we drafted them with the knowledge that it wasn't likely Sims would return. We'll be fine at DT with Geno, Peko, Still and Thompson.


Devon Still putting in some offseason work with Geno: http://instagram.com/p/XAj20Vp6mz/

Color me excited...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ocho Cinco


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 1142
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Brandon Thompson is a very similiar player. It would have been a waste to keep Sims and prevent the younger guys from contributing

This is how I feel. Thompson got a redshirt year last year and Still barely played after Sims came back from injury. They are both very promising and I think we drafted them with the knowledge that it wasn't likely Sims would return. We'll be fine at DT with Geno, Peko, Still and Thompson.


Devon Still putting in some offseason work with Geno: http://instagram.com/p/XAj20Vp6mz/

Color me excited...


Make that 2 of us. I wont lie, if Still became a Geno clone I would probably cry myself to sleep out of pure excitement every night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15722
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocho Cinco wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Brandon Thompson is a very similiar player. It would have been a waste to keep Sims and prevent the younger guys from contributing

This is how I feel. Thompson got a redshirt year last year and Still barely played after Sims came back from injury. They are both very promising and I think we drafted them with the knowledge that it wasn't likely Sims would return. We'll be fine at DT with Geno, Peko, Still and Thompson.


Devon Still putting in some offseason work with Geno: http://instagram.com/p/XAj20Vp6mz/

Color me excited...


Make that 2 of us. I wont lie, if Still became a Geno clone I would probably cry myself to sleep out of pure excitement every night.


If Still can become half the player Geno is, then the front 4 pass rush is going to-be filthy.

Dunlap
Still
Atkins
Johnson
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16791
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Ocho Cinco wrote:
Make that 2 of us. I wont lie, if Still became a Geno clone I would probably cry myself to sleep out of pure excitement every night.


If Still can become half the player Geno is, then the front 4 pass rush is going to-be filthy.

Dunlap
Still
Atkins
Johnson


Would be funny if our DT's are the better pass rushers though... Laughing
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ocho Cinco


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 1142
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Ocho Cinco wrote:
Make that 2 of us. I wont lie, if Still became a Geno clone I would probably cry myself to sleep out of pure excitement every night.


If Still can become half the player Geno is, then the front 4 pass rush is going to-be filthy.

Dunlap
Still
Atkins
Johnson


Would be funny if our DT's are the better pass rushers though... Laughing


My fiance and I have a bet. We're going to the Patriots Bengals game this year and she agreed that if Geno can get a sack on Tom we will name our first child AJ. I dont know quite how that ties in but it does somehow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sonic Raider


Joined: 01 Nov 2011
Posts: 620
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can you tell me about Pat Sims? Is he a good locker room guy? a team player?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Raider wrote:
What can you tell me about Pat Sims? Is he a good locker room guy? a team player?


When he's in there he's really effective stopping the run. Never really had any problems besides maybe being a little overweight come training camp. He's also had some ankle/knee concerns too if i remember correctly but its nothing major.
_________________
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16791
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Raider wrote:
What can you tell me about Pat Sims? Is he a good locker room guy? a team player?


Good locker room guy, the other players on the team always said good things about him. Does have a motivation issue. Pretty much every year he has shown up to camp out of shape. Which may or may not have lead to his subsequent injuries.

Once he's in shape, he's great on the field. A really good run stuffer and provides some pass rush ability as well (In terms of collapsing the pocket and creating opportunities for others). I think you guys will really like him. Hate to see him go but with the nagging injuries I understood why the Bengals moved on and drafted Still/Thompson to replace him...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15722
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sims may show up to camp like this:


_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5674
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Sims may show up to camp like this:



So much for enjoying my breakfast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group