Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Panthers pre-draft thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/4/8/4196956/2013-nfl-draft-clemson-wide-receiver-deandre-hopkins-meeting-carolina-panthers

Meeting with Hopkins again. Beginning to think he's an option at 14.

I think he's more of an option if we trade back. There will be better receiving options on the table at 14 like Patterson and Austin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Quote:
WFNZ AM ‏@wfnz 7m Sylvester Williams: “The Panthers Have Shown A Lot Of Interest In Me” « CBS Charlotte http://cbsloc.al/11JG7yd

He would be a great 2nd round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Cypher wrote:
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/4/8/4196956/2013-nfl-draft-clemson-wide-receiver-deandre-hopkins-meeting-carolina-panthers

I think he's more of an option if we trade back. There will be better receiving options on the table at 14 like Patterson and Austin.

If Patterson is gone I'd love to trade back. We could come out like bandits with three picks in the late first and second rounds. I like Hopkins a lot.
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Cypher wrote:

I'd take Hopkins over Austin at 14 without blinking.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
boondock wrote:
Cypher wrote:

I believe 14 is a bit too high to take Hopkins, given I do think he has the best hands in the draft and is the most NFL ready. Trade back and snag him.

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
boondock wrote:
Cypher wrote:

I believe 14 is a bit too high to take Hopkins, given I do think he has the best hands in the draft and is the most NFL ready. Trade back and snag him.

If 14 is too high to take Hopkins, top-20 is too high for Tavon. Laughing 5'8 receiver with a 32 inch vert = career slot receiver.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
boondock wrote:
Cypher wrote:

If 14 is too high to take Hopkins, top-20 is too high for Tavon. Laughing 5'8 receiver with a 32 inch vert = career slot receiver.

We don't need a "career slot receiver" we need a #1 who can take over for Smitty in a year or two

Gamecocks
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
boondock wrote:
Cypher wrote:

We don't need a "career slot receiver" we need a #1 who can take over for Smitty in a year or two

Which is kind of my point. Alle, Hopkins and Patterson fit that bill. Patterson's question marks put him behind both of those guys for me.

NS922 wrote:
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be really disappointed if he was our pick in the first.

Not even that I think he's bad. I think he can be a solid #2 or even potentially #1 receiver in the NFL and a nice redzone threat but not much more than that and when you consider the rest of the receivers in this draft, there isn't much reason why he should go in the first rather than the second.

Plus, he ran a 4.57. Which isn't the be all, end all obviously and he appears to be more quick when you watch him, but it still concerns me. If I'm going to take a wide receiver in the first round (because lets be honest - you kind of want a true, impact wide receiver with one of your top 15 picks) I expect better than a 4.57.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
Quote:
WFNZ AM ‏@wfnz 7m Sylvester Williams: “The Panthers Have Shown A Lot Of Interest In Me” « CBS Charlotte http://cbsloc.al/11JG7yd

He would be a great 2nd round pick.

Great second round pick? He'd be an absolute slam dunk 2nd round pick.

I think he'd be a good 1st round pick. While I would rather get him after trading back to the 18-20 range, I actually wouldn't mind him at 14.

I was always impressed with him when I saw him at UNC. I'd probably have him about equal to Richardson. DT is so crazy deep this year, we better get a good one.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeting with Notre Dame safety Zeke Motta.

Cool name should bump him up a few points imo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ron Rivera just asked for a private meeting with Allen. Also looked like Rams were asking about his schedule

This is the prospect that worries me most in this draft.[/quote]

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Moody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
boondock wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Yeah, I see Hopkins as a contributor early and I put high value on that but we could get him later and another player along with him. That would maximize our draft position.
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
boondock wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Yeah, I see Hopkins as a contributor early and I put high value on that but we could get him later and another player along with him. That would maximize our draft position.

This exactly. If we could move back and grab Hopkins with another I would love it.

Gamecocks
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't take Allen or Austin.
Just wait for a 2nd rd WR! Dobson, Woods, Bailey, Hunter, Hopkins, all better values, if there.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: