You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Season Week 3 STL @ DEN
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Pre-Season Week 3 STL @ DEN Reply with quote

Pre-Season Week 3 STL @ DEN

August 24 6:00PM MTN

Things I'd like to see this game

1. Limit the mistakes, starters will be playing the majority of the game I thought both sides of starters actually played quite well last week minus the turnovers.

3. Tackle and Special Teams, I'm not worried about ST but tackling on D and ST does need to improve, too sloppy last week and I'm sure the coaches drove that point home.

3. This is the last week for those competing for a starting position/backups. Who will step up and claim their spot on this team?

I'm most interested in the OL and LB.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass rush from our base 4-3 is a big one for me. We need Sly and Malik to give us some interior pocket push on 3rd down; now moreso than ever with Von being out for 6 games.

Hopefully Clady is back, even though Chris Clark wasn't THAT bad against Seattle.

We need to improve on our Special Teams coverage units, no doubt.

MUFC OK
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be an important game for Lilja/Ramirez and Omar Bolden. Center is up for grabs and Bolden needs to have a good showing to stay on this team.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see a clean game, where everyone is on the same page. Some sight of a consistent running attack would be nice, and the first team defense should dominate the Rams first team offense in my opinion. Are Clady and DRC playing? Would like to see at least one get a little time in
bobdevine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great 15-minute interview of John Elway for ESPN radio gives some hints for the team's direction.
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9594720

My guess is that this 3rd preseason game will lock-in the starters for the season opener. Those starting players are likely to play into the 3rd quarter before substitutions happen.

Team roster cut-downs are coming quickly. Some players will be fighting for a job. I am still uncertain how many RBs and TEs the team will carry.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real curious to see how they man both fronts and who rotates in.

Once again, I won't be able to see the game but I'd appreciate it if someone would keep an eye on the defensive sub-packages.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
This will be an important game for Lilja/Ramirez and Omar Bolden. Center is up for grabs and Bolden needs to have a good showing to stay on this team.

Bolden is an interesting one, I agree. Kayvon Webster was our #4 CB against Seattle, and with DRC out, that means the staff see Bolden as our #6 CB.

MUFC OK
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Great 15-minute interview of John Elway for ESPN radio gives some hints for the team's direction.

My guess is that this 3rd preseason game will lock-in the starters for the season opener. Those starting players are likely to play into the 3rd quarter before substitutions happen.

Team roster cut-downs are coming quickly. Some players will be fighting for a job. I am still uncertain how many RBs and TEs the team will carry.

How much time you think Manning gets? I mean There's no way he stays in for that long especially with Clark protecting his blind side. I'd love to see Brock against ones with ones for a couple drives

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

How much time you think Manning gets? I mean There's no way he stays in for that long especially with Clark protecting his blind side. I'd love to see Brock against ones with ones for a couple drives

All of the starters, Peyton included, will play a series or two into the third quarter, Fox said so yesterday.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it doesn't appear we've corrected our two glaring weaknesses displayed against the Ravens IE: running the ball and stopping the run.

Running the ball to a point can still be blamed on a patchwork OL. Can't say the same defensively. Curious to see how Jackson fills in for Wolfe. Will he make it hard for the coaches when Wolfe is healthy?

Our new LB alignment should be interesting. We've got some serious speed there. Can our DL keep WW clean?

Anyway, if we're going to have a special season, those areas need to be drastically improved.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
So far it doesn't appear we've corrected our two glaring weaknesses displayed against the Ravens IE: running the ball and stopping the run.

Running the ball to a point can still be blamed on a patchwork OL. Can't say the same defensively. Curious to see how Jackson fills in for Wolfe. Will he make it hard for the coaches when Wolfe is healthy?

Our new LB alignment should be interesting. We've got some serious speed there. Can our DL keep WW clean?

Anyway, if we're going to have a special season, those areas need to be drastically improved.
Actually I think our run defense has been pretty good, maybe the backups have boosted up the YPC but when you look to the players who will be running the ball come Week 1 we actually did a fairly good job. Granted Gore didn't play against us but James/Dixon had 15 carries for 54 yards for about 3.7 YPC. Now onto Seattle Lynch had 2 carries for 1 yard and Turbin 9 for 35 and 3.9 YPC. Kaep and Wilson each had 1 carry for 6 and 10 yards on broken plays.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I'll look for in tonight's game (assuming I can view it here in the heart of Packer-country)

1) RBs
It's clear that the team will use running-back-by-committee this year but which RB gets what role is still unclear. With the so-so performance by Hillman and Montee Ball, I think the team might carry 5 RBs on the 53-man roster. Moreno may be the starter because he pass-blocks better. Lance Ball looks like he'll get a spot if he plays well.

2) With Welker not playing, who starts?
Will Trindon Holliday or Quincy McDuffie be in the slot?

3) WRs
This game might be a make/break game for Andre Caldwell.

4) OL blocking scheme
The players have a reputation as better pass blocking than run blocking. If the team can't get short yard runs, will a fullback role come back? Maybe the coaches put a big body, like Unrein, in to blast holes.

Last edited by bobdevine on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Things I'll look for in tonight's game (assuming I can view it here in the heart of Packer-country)

1) RBs
It's clear that the team will use running-back-by-committee this year but which RB gets what role is still unclear. With the so-so performance by Hillman and Montee Ball, I think the team might carry 5 RBs on the 53-man roster. Moreno may be the starter because he pass-clocks better. Lance Ball looks like he'll get a spot if he plays well.

2) With Welker not playing, who starts?
Will Trindon Holliday or Quincy McDuffie be in the slot?

3) WRs
This game might be a make/break game for Andre Caldwell.

4) OL blocking scheme
The players have a reputation as better pass blocking than run blocking. If the team can't get short yard runs, will a fullback role come back? Maybe the coaches put a big body, like Unrein, in to blast holes.

Andre had a year to prove his worth and he hasn't. He's gone IMO.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Actually I think our run defense has been pretty good, maybe the backups have boosted up the YPC but when you look to the players who will be running the ball come Week 1 we actually did a fairly good job. Granted Gore didn't play against us but James/Dixon had 15 carries for 54 yards for about 3.7 YPC. Now onto Seattle Lynch had 2 carries for 1 yard and Turbin 9 for 35 and 3.9 YPC. Kaep and Wilson each had 1 carry for 6 and 10 yards on broken plays.

Well, we're seeing it a bit differently. SF got almost half their rushing total on their 1st drive (starters) at 4+ per carry. Seattle consistently ran the ball from the 1st possession on. Turbin was Sea's feature back with the 1's and he gouged us.

As far as our rushing attack, all our RB's not named CJ Anderson have accounted for 109 yds in the last two games with 2.4 ypc.

Not good on either side IMO.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Well, we're seeing it a bit differently. SF got almost half their rushing total on their 1st drive (starters) at 4+ per carry. Seattle consistently ran the ball from the 1st possession on. Turbin was Sea's feature back with the 1's and he gouged us.

As far as our rushing attack, all our RB's not named CJ Anderson have accounted for 109 yds in the last two games with 2.4 ypc.

Not good on either side IMO.

After that first drive SF had, they went from looking nice to mediocre. L. James who had one good run then fumbled the next series.

Turbin's stats that game were 9 carries for 35 yards (3.9 avg) and M. Lynch went for 2 carries for 1 yard. I watched that game and Seattle did alright in the run game. Mind you Wolfe went out too and we had Bradley playing MLB. I don't think Turbin "gouged us" to be honest. His longest run went 8 yards. If he broke a big one and took it to the house, then he "gouged us".

As for our rushing attack, its been horrible against two great defensive fronts with good young talent. If we do horrible tonight again, then I am really concerned. The Rams defensive front is good but not on par with the two other teams.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: