You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos trade DL Sealver Siliga for Hawks OG John Moffitt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Broncos trade DL Sealver Siliga for Hawks OG John Moffitt Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle guard John Moffitt NOT traded to Cleveland, he has been traded to Denver Broncos

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/369942126378745856
Tom Brady Tribute
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the John Moffitt trade from yesterday? Didnt he get traded to Cleveland?
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...

This guy has always been a character on The Real Rob Report, not sure of him as a player, though.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
What happened to the John Moffitt trade from yesterday? Didnt he get traded to Cleveland?

Was voided because the Browns were worried about his knee.

Failed his physical.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Siliga wasn't going to make the team anyway, but I don't understand why you'd trade for a guy that just failed a physical on another franchise.

Moffitt if healthy is a high upside pick. 2nd rounder 2 years ago. I was high on him when he was in the draft. I think he goes into a dogfight with guys like Vallos, Lilja etc for roster places, but at this point he isn't too far from being in contention for snaps at Center.

Thankfully Vasquez seems okay and Kuper is getting healthy, because all reports say Lilja and Vallos failed to unseat Mitch Unrein. I wonder if Moffitt is next man up.

The physical thing bothers me though.

Fify.
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like adding damaged goods to make up for other damaged goods. But I can see him potentially being more valuable than Siliga to our team.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
I don't like adding damaged goods to make up for other damaged goods. But I can see him potentially being more valuable than Siliga to our team.
Yup.

Siliga is firmly behind Vickerson, Knighton, Sly, Unrein and all the DE/DT hybrids, but he's good enough to make the 53 on other teams.

I'd rather get something out of him than just wait and cut him. Worst thing that happens is we cut Moffitt and then the overall situation is the same. I kinda feel like when there is a guy that has no chance at making your team, and isn't PS eligible, you should take any offer at all.

Fify.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you recall Bunkley failed a physical for the Browns and was then traded to the Broncos maybe Cleveland has a tougher physical than other places.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Meeker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
John Moffitt is never going to become a great OG, but he will be serviceable for a while IMO. A Hawks fan recently compared him to Chris Gray, the Hawks RG during the 2000s, which is a very good comparison IMO; He is a great technician that lacks the dominating physical strength...something Seattle likes in their OL.

Thats what I said when he was traded to the Browns.

Siliga is listed at 6'2" 325lbs...so I would assume he is a space eater correct? Thats something were lacking atm, so its actually better that the Browns trade fell through lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Meeker wrote:
John Moffitt is never going to become a great OG, but he will be serviceable for a while IMO. A Hawks fan recently compared him to Chris Gray, the Hawks RG during the 2000s, which is a very good comparison IMO; He is a great technician that lacks the dominating physical strength...something Seattle likes in their OL.

Thats what I said when he was traded to the Browns.

Siliga is listed at 6'2" 325lbs...so I would assume he is a space eater correct? Thats something were lacking atm, so its actually better that the Browns trade fell through lol.

I suppose he is, but we've really not seen much of Siliga so it's tough to give a truly accurate assessment.

Thanks, Tzimisce
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing

Cool. A 2nd rounder Wisco O-linemen for a practice squad player. Couldn't trade Silga for a better player probably. For anyone wondering what I think of Silga- I saw him make one good play 5 yards downfield cuz he had a good motor. Welcome to Denver Moffitt!
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A familiar butt for Montee Ball to follow.
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If healthy he provides good depth. I hope this isn't an indictment on the health of Chris Kuper.
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Alex Gibbs coach the Seahawks line for a few years? If so, maybe he knows the guy and suggested we pick him up.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Well Siliga wasn't going to make the team anyway, but I don't understand why you'd trade for a guy that just failed a physical on another franchise.

Moffitt if healthy is a high upside pick. 2nd rounder 2 years ago. I was high on him when he was in the draft. I think he goes into a dogfight with guys like Vallos, Lilja etc for roster places, but at this point he isn't too far from being in contention for snaps at Center.

Thankfully Vasquez seems okay and Kuper is getting healthy, because all reports say Lilja and Vallos failed to unseat Mitch Unrein. I wonder if Moffitt is next man up.

The physical thing bothers me though.

The bold are untrue of him as a player.

Outside of that you get a solid OG for the bench and a great teammate. He'll contend for the funniest guy on your team, i promise Laughing

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: