Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is FA Done for the Broncos? Is Elway done dealing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I doubt that, Elway is actually is good at his job.

Good contribution. If Elway is "reaching out" to Dwight Freeney, I have to assume he would have "reached out" to Urlacher.

Context. Context. Context.

You're exactly right, context.

The context of us reaching out to Freeney et al. was a) to put leverage on Dumervil to re-negotiate and b) have a "worst case" scenario option. Elway & Co like our current talent crop at MLB a lot better than they do at pass rusher. If Bradley hadn't signed, there were other, better, younger options available (in both the draft and FA) to be the backup MLB (and SLB, Bradley will make the team on Von's backup while two of Mays, Irving and Johnson make the depth chart at MLB) and a special teams contributor than a soon-to-be 35 year-old Brian Urlacher.

I wouldnt say they like the crop at mlb more than passrusher. It just says market at MLB is much dryer. Abraham freeney etc can help and be big contributors in subpackages. I cant say the same for any MLB available. Based on Bears offer of 2 mill i dont think Urlacher is worth much at this point in his career. I'm all for over the hill vets in TC and earning a roster spot. But those guys are usually near minimum or signing under market value.
Also having Abraham visit you can see where his agency is setting the market for him. And Freeney is seeing for his agency at his age compared to Doom.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish the team would address RB someone like javon ringer would be a great add

Props to Jamison on the sig
CanadianBronco

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Urlacher, the intangibles argument makes him worthy of consideration. When it comes to playoff time it is great to have players like that in the room that the team can rally around. He would be playing his heart out knowing it may be the end for him ala Ray Lewis last season. Manning on one side of the ball and Urlacher on the other from a leadership standpoint would be fairly excellent.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of March 26th, the remaining cap space for the team is $8.8 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-26/

Assuming the team has to reserve $3-5 million for rookie contracts, that means the team can spend about $4 million on a new veteran contract.

I think that the team's free agent signings are nearly over. The remaining cap space will probably go to a DE.
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
As of March 26th, the remaining cap space for the team is $8.8 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-26/

Assuming the team has to reserve $3-5 million for rookie contracts, that means the team can spend about $4 million on a new veteran contract.

I think that the team's free agent signings are nearly over. The remaining cap space will probably go to a DE.
We still have some fat that can be trimmed.

Joe Mays 3.5 million
Chris Kuper 4.5 million
Willis McGahee 2.5 Million
Knowshon Moreno 1.7 million

A total of 12.2 million

Not saying all of these guys will be axed, but there is money to be had if need be.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep cap room won't be a problem we will give those players a chance to prove them in camp though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Skelton was released by the Cardinals, since Hanie's gone, would be a cheap backup ...thoughts ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
John Skelton was released by the Cardinals, since Hanie's gone, would be a cheap backup ...thoughts ?
I think they may rather pick one late in the draft or get one as an UDFA. Skelton isn't going to be more than he is now, which isn't even decent.
FabrizioHC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want Stokley back
copeland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FabrizioHC wrote:

Don't worry,
He will be on speed dial in case Welker goes down.
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
I think they may rather pick one late in the draft or get one as an UDFA. Skelton isn't going to be more than he is now, which isn't even decent.

You still want 3 or 4 QBs for camp. Skelton I think will try and go somewhere w/ weaker set of QBs if he'll be the #3 w/ a shot at being a #2. i'd get a rookie or 2(if not a cheap young QB) in camp and not make Manning throw alot. One will be released before first cutdowns and the rookie you cut at the end of camp unless he shows a lot that you really want to keep him. I'm always an advocate of 2 QB roster w/ a guy like Osweiler and Manning. I'd also have a 3rd QB be a guy on the PS unless you really like him and are afraid to lose him.
copeland wrote:
FabrizioHC wrote:

Don't worry,

I'd be shocked if he wasn't in camp in Denver(unless he changes his mind and retires).
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copeland wrote:
FabrizioHC wrote:

Don't worry,

For whatever reason Andre Caldwell and Greg Orton are still on the roster but Brandon Stokley isnt, is baffling.

Im thinking Stokes must be considering retirement. No reason to think those two scrubs would get a roster spot over him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
copeland wrote:
FabrizioHC wrote:

Don't worry,

For whatever reason Andre Caldwell and Greg Orton are still on the roster but Brandon Stokley isnt, is baffling.

Im thinking Stokes must be considering retirement. No reason to think those two scrubs would get a roster spot over him.

Caldwell will be cut. I think the reason is because Stokes doesn't offer any ST play. We need the 4/5 WRs to be capable STers and Stokley simply won't be.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
copeland wrote:
FabrizioHC wrote:

Don't worry,

Only reason is both Caldwell and Orton are under contract through 2013. Stokes was just a one year deal.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
copeland wrote:
FabrizioHC wrote:

Don't worry,

Because there's no market for Stokley and there's no point in cutting training camp bodies in April.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: