Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cap space
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermertne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Cap space Reply with quote

I know the giants can't have that much space but does anyone know if their gonna start reconstructing some contracts or make some cuts?..... Like Eli, Rolle Deihl or tuck
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli wont be touched as of now they made it clear he deserves his money. They recently said they want deihl back next year idk why but yea. No word on rolle or tuck yet.
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we need to move money to future years?

Giants are not going after any big FA. They will get their bargain players as they always do. Moving money just hurts us in the future
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Why do we need to move money to future years?

Giants are not going after any big FA. They will get their bargain players as they always do. Moving money just hurts us in the future

Resign own free agents. Cruz and Nicks. Also right now they wouldnt even have enough space to pay the players they draft. They need at least 5 million worth of space.
ESKY008

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snee is the guy for me who needs to take pay cut. $11 mill cap hit for a good OG who seems to be regressing.

After RFAs but not including Ross, our top 51 is $119,869,531.00

Releasing Diehl would free roughly $4.5 mill
Still 9 guys more than likely wont make the team another $4.5 mill
Realistically could be as much as $14 mill under not including anymore restructures. Eli, Snee, Rolle ???
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Snee is the guy for me who needs to take pay cut. $11 mill cap hit for a good OG who seems to be regressing.

Realistically could be as much as $14 mill under not including anymore restructures. Eli, Snee, Rolle ???

snee wont be touched because to restructure they would have to extend him which hurts us in the future. Cut deihl out right
ESKY008

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
ESKY008 wrote:

snee wont be touched because to restructure they would have to extend him which hurts us in the future. Cut deihl out right

I agree on Diehl but I think Snee should take an outright paycut. With all these S's turning up in FA I'd be asking Rolle for couple million as well.
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to make a move just to sign all our players from the draft class for 4 million. So yea we need to do something quite soon.

Off topic but does anyone else think Diehl has like dirty pictures or like some significant information he is holding over the giants front office? I mean I just don't understand why hes still here, unless they want to wait and see if Boothe leaves. But even then I would rather have a cardboard cutout of Diehl than actually see him play anymore. The guy is just god awful at this point.
Ermertne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theirs too many valuable players becoming FA agents in the next couple of years that are gonna command top dollar Nicks Cruz and JPP some of the declining players should reconstruct their contract Imo
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
We need to make a move just to sign all our players from the draft class for 4 million. So yea we need to do something quite soon.

Off topic but does anyone else think Diehl has like dirty pictures or like some significant information he is holding over the giants front office? I mean I just don't understand why hes still here, unless they want to wait and see if Boothe leaves. But even then I would rather have a cardboard cutout of Diehl than actually see him play anymore. The guy is just god awful at this point.

Diehl can back up every spot on the line outside of center, not well...but he'd be a good backup.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
Theirs too many valuable players becoming FA agents in the next couple of years that are gonna command top dollar Nicks Cruz and JPP some of the declining players should reconstruct their contract Imo

This makes no sense. Restructuring would hurt future years caps. Gotta leave the contacts as is to have cap space for nicks jpp and others in future years.

Eli's already restructured multiple times which is why his cap amount is so high now.

Not too many great opportunities to restructure plus there are no FAs besides our re-signing our own worth freeing up cap space for. They need to play it conservative which is what they are doing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

This makes no sense. Restructuring would hurt future years caps. Gotta leave the contacts as is to have cap space for nicks jpp and others in future years.

Eli's already restructured multiple times which is why his cap amount is so high now.

Not too many great opportunities to restructure plus there are no FAs besides our re-signing our own worth freeing up cap space for. They need to play it conservative which is what they are doing

Exactly, the reason Eli's contract ballooned up to 20.5 mil this year alone were because of restructuring his contract. If we keep restructuring it's just gonna hemorrhage our ability to sign anyone in the future.
Ermertne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
GMENNATION wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

Exactly, the reason Eli's contract ballooned up to 20.5 mil this year alone were because of restructuring his contract. If we keep restructuring it's just gonna hemorrhage our ability to sign anyone in the future.

Gotcha I don't really know how the cap works I was just ask about options and it's not about bringing in big names in even tho it would be nice I'm pretty familiar of how they go about FA
ESKY008

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk overall with others but alot of the time I use the term "restructure" I'm usually mean that Reece works his thing wether it be an actual restructure, resigning new deal or just a pay cut.

Example-
Webster was to take a pay cut.
Rolle would be to resign to ?? 5 y $25 mill deal using the guarnteed money on current contract as a roster/signing bonus on new deal.
Kiwi and Baas have already restructured .
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:

Diehl can back up every spot on the line outside of center, not well...but he'd be a good backup.

I dont care. I appreciate his time he had with the giants. He was a good Tackle in his prime but now he is useless. Cut him, i'd rather have an undrafted rookie Tackle than Diehl. All you have to show is the sack he gave up against atlanta.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: