Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign former Bronco DE Jason Hunter
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Raiders sign former Bronco DE Jason Hunter Reply with quote

29yrs old, 6'4" 271lbs

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4069/jason-hunter

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders sign former Bronco DE Jason Hunter Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
29yrs old, 6'4" 271lbs

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4069/jason-hunter

ehh
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth. Competition. Probably cheap and was going to start for Denver last year prior to injury. Can't complain.
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen him a few times and he appeared pretty average. We need bodies though so whatever.

Nickname for Sio Moore and Khalil Mack.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lets review the DL:
DE: Houston/Crawford/Hunter
DT: Kelly/Bilukudi/Sims

Blehhhhh. We need some upgrayedds (spelled with 2 D's for a double dose of pimpin).

Smack on the new sig
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are basically going to keep signing guys cheap that are past their prime in hope they can give us something. We can't afford the good FA's, and nobody wants to play here, so we have to settle for all the "journeyman" type players that are looking for a chance to prove themselves.

Our team next season could be anywhere from a disaster to below average...nothing more. Basically there's no potential with our current roster to get even close to .500

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
We are basically going to keep signing guys cheap that are past their prime in hope they can give us something. We can't afford the good FA's, and nobody wants to play here, so we have to settle for all the "journeyman" type players that are looking for a chance to prove themselves.

Our team next season could be anywhere from a disaster to below average...nothing more. Basically there's no potential with our current roster to get even close to .500

We have absolutley no clue what our opening day roster will look like. Still a ton of time left. But I get what you're saying.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

We have absolutley no clue what our opening day roster will look like. Still a ton of time left. But I get what you're saying.

Yea, I know. It's just hard to watch other teams signing all these great players and we're stuck in the back of the line signing guys like this...

holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

Yea, I know. It's just hard to watch other teams signing all these great players and we're stuck in the back of the line signing guys like this...

Maybe they are signing better players. But they''r sure overpaying most of the time. And who knows, by the time they get all this "talent" to gel, they will have to cut these guys to deal with all the money they are tossing around. Miami just absolutely tossed their money around, so did Cleveland ala Philly. Ask Philly how it worked out. Then you have KC who tossed around all kinds of money and draft picks, and how much better did they really get? Look at the names tied to those dollars, they're not gonna change the game over there...

I reaaaallllly would rather not chase the overspending teams right now. I don't care who they are getting. The best teams in the NFL are cutting and losing guys right now mostly. The average or loser teams are doing the chasing right now. That says something.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

How did signing all that "talent" work out for the Eagles? Rolling Eyes

You have to realize that this type of signing isn't the end all, be all for our offseason. There is still a ton of time left in free agency. Then we have the draft and the UDFA signings. If we can get someone defensively as a UDFA that is comparable to what Streater gave us then watch out. And that is gravy on top of what we are able to do in the draft.

Save the negativity for the season when we actually see what the roster ends up looking like.

Maybe you wanna sign Danny Amendola for 5 years and $31M like the Pats just did??? Shocked Confused

Raider X hooked me with the sig
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

How did signing all that "talent" work out for the Eagles? Rolling Eyes

You have to realize that this type of signing isn't the end all, be all for our offseason. There is still a ton of time left in free agency. Then we have the draft and the UDFA signings. If we can get someone defensively as a UDFA that is comparable to what Streater gave us then watch out. And that is gravy on top of what we are able to do in the draft.

Save the negativity for the season when we actually see what the roster ends up looking like.

Maybe you wanna sign Danny Amendola for 5 years and $31M like the Pats just did??? Shocked Confused

As far as the Eagles go, it doesn't matter how much "talent" you have if basically the entire Offensive Line is injured the whole season. They were expected to make it to the playoffs last season, but injuries ruined any chance of that for them.

I get we don't want to overpay, but I guess we'll have to take the wait and see approach.

DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's all I'm saying. Wait and see.

We have no idea how any of these guys will play or if they will even be here when the season starts. And that goes for all teams. Right now we need warm bodies that will come in and compete for jobs. That is going to be the key for what could turn out to be a pretty young team.

Big Rob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth, nothing less nothing more...
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was running as the starter on the Denver defense before he got hurt last year. So who knows what he can give. If he is an upgrade over Shaugnessey and Carter then we will be in a much better position in terms of competition when camp comes around.

NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
He was running as the starter on the Denver defense before he got hurt last year. So who knows what he can give. If he is an upgrade over Shaugnessey and Carter then we will be in a much better position in terms of competition when camp comes around.

yea we are so weak at de he might end up starting lol

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: