Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign Pat Sims to one year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Now lets resign Shaggy to play LE move Houstan to UT.

Please. Shut. Up. With. This.

Houston has no reason to move inside. He's undersized. He's playing just fine in his position.

On Sims:

Like the signing. Big NT to eat up space. Guessing Floyd will be playing next to him w/ Bilukidi rotating in.

How is Houston undersized hes played DT pretty much his whole life ?

Dennis Allen and Reggie has done said Houston maybe moving inside 4 sacks don't cut it at DE.

Houston aint playing DT at 285 lbs. You can just forget it. SMH. Shame on you

who said he would play DT at 285? i dont think anyone would play DT at 285..he was 300 coming out of Texas where he was a very good DT. I don't know why you guys think he cant play there? hes not that great at DE, and I believe he would be a very solid DT. should not be much of a transition..

I remember when he came out of college I was pumped we got him, because he played so good in his bowl game against alabama I believE?
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Houston has no reason to move inside. He's undersized. He's playing just fine in his position.

On Sims:

Like the signing. Big NT to eat up space. Guessing Floyd will be playing next to him w/ Bilukidi rotating in.

Dennis Allen and Reggie has done said Houston maybe moving inside 4 sacks don't cut it at DE.

who said he would play DT at 285? i dont think anyone would play DT at 285..he was 300 coming out of Texas where he was a very good DT. I don't know why you guys think he cant play there? hes not that great at DE, and I believe he would be a very solid DT. should not be much of a transition..

I remember when he came out of college I was pumped we got him, because he played so good in his bowl game against alabama I believE?
Yeah I guess everyone forgot DA said Houstan will be moving inside, didnt say how much though.

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like my FFMD want actually happened LOL. Like the signing... obviously.

PM sig requests.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line on Houston is that the team asked him to trim down to play DE and he did. And he plays it well.

Why would they ask him to trim down one season and he does it to get to 285. Ahen a year later ask him to bulk back up to 300??? It doesn't make sense!!!

DA said that he will move inside in pass rush situations IIRC. That does not mean that he will be in there permanenely. Confused

Raider X hooked me with the sig
G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Sims pick-up and I'm in the Houston to UT camp...
However I'd like to see what we draft and just put Houston all over the place to create mismatches.
I think we might go 3-4 after the Draft but...I could easily see them having him put the weight back on and having to pay him DT money instead of DE money. He's a good DE but might be a GREAT UT. No matter where he is I love his motor and passion for the game. Hope we keep him and Veldheer. I'd be talking extension before the season starts.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
The bottom line on Houston is that the team asked him to trim down to play DE and he did. And he plays it well.

Why would they ask him to trim down one season and he does it to get to 285. Ahen a year later ask him to bulk back up to 300??? It doesn't make sense!!!

DA said that he will move inside in pass rush situations IIRC. That does not mean that he will be in there permanenely. Confused
It can turn permanent if he's beasting.

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Last year, they had Seymour and Bryant at 3T, they're both gone now. It's not too far fetched to think they might ask him to bulk up again so he can go back to the position he played in college.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65430&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT

He had freaky measurables for a DT at the combine. He'd be a nightmare to handle for most Gs. If he moves to 3T, he can make a much bigger impact, imo.

Last edited by oakdb36 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really depends if we play 4-3 or 3-4 - he could definitely be a good UT in 4-3 but also an excellent DE in 3-4, personally i think those 2 positions suit his skill set more than 4-3 DE ... well chuffed this is even an option, consequential on Sims signing
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

On Sims:

Yeah I guess everyone forgot DA said Houstan will be moving inside, didnt say how much though.

He said he would depending on the situation. Not that he was making the transition to DT as his position. He can play situationally at 285ish, but if he wants to play DT full time hes going to have to put the weight back on.

I prefer Houston wheres he at.

Oakland Raider Big Board - Khalil Mack, Jadevone Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Aaron Donald
Oaktown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think oak moves to 34. ESP if Dan Connor is signed.

Bring back Shaugnessy to play RE
NT Sims
LE Houston

DA said he only views Houston at 3T in nickel D

I think Reggie tries to trade down to get extra pick. Oak will draft an pass rushing LB. mingo , jones , Jordan etc
reddevil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:

NT Sims
LE Houston

I think Reggie tries to trade down to get extra pick. Oak will draft an pass rushing LB. mingo , jones , Jordan etc

I've been thinking this. It seems we have been going after quite a few LBs what with Roach and Connor and I don't think we have too many more players that are out and out 4-3 types. I wonder if the staff are trying to get as many versatile players who could fit in both systems and will then look to draft the best defensive difference maker in either system - be that a 3-4 pass-rushing LB or a 4-3 UT or RE.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:

NT Sims
LE Houston

Connor is a 4-3 MLB.
Roach is a 4-3 SLB.
Hunetr is a 4-3 DE.
Shaggy is leaving for (amost) sure.
Sims is a 4-3NT.
Maiava is a better fit in 4-3 IMO.

Not one single guy arrived via FA, draft since RM and DA got here who would be a real 3-4 fit, so you guys could forget this 3-4 thing...
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

NT Sims
LE Houston

Connor is a 4-3 MLB.
Roach is a 4-3 SLB.
Hunetr is a 4-3 DE.
Sims is a 4-3NT.

Not one single guy arrived via FA, draft since RM and DA got here who would be a real 3-4 fit, so you guys could forget this 3-4 thing...
exactly

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

NT Sims
LE Houston

Connor is a 4-3 MLB.
Roach is a 4-3 SLB.
Hunetr is a 4-3 DE.
Sims is a 4-3NT.

I agree these are all 4-3 guys but are capable of playing in 3-4 fronts if needed for a handful of plays.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Roach and Maiava are 43 LBs. I know Maiava played some 34 but it's not a fit for him.

Maiava is our SLB to replace Wheeler because Allen wants SLBs who can cover the TEs.
Roach is our MLB.
Burris is staying at WLB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: