Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals sign WR Josh Cribbs, LB Lorenzo Alexander
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is starter money, not backup money

Isnt this just the Bradley deal slightly better?

How does this play out if Minter say is there at 38?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
It is starter money, not backup money

Isnt this just the Bradley deal slightly better?

How does this play out if Minter say is there at 38?

I pray this isn't Bradley 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be fine for you. He's gotten better every year that he's stayed at LB (remember he was moved around everywhere in Washington - even on OL once). Last year he did pretty decent as a LB and you cannot count out his contributions on ST (it seemed like every ST tackle he did solo or was in on it). If you have the cap space, which I think you do, this signing is not bad at all. He can play every LB position but is more naturally suited for ILB. His versatility is what makes this signing a good one.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
shawn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually when a free agent is signed the fans from the former team do nothing but bash the player(Welker/pats for example)...so it's nice to see all good remarks from the Washington fan base. It defiantly makes the signing more exciting for me...I'm also happy to hear you say he is better suited for ILB, because I do not think Alexander is what we needed at outside linebacker.

Thanks again Redskin fans...for not convincing yourselfs that Alexander sucked and trying to bring us all down. Haha

sig made by mike23md
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers

Getting the vibe that deal with Josh Cribbs is not imminent for #azcardinals. Cribbs might be seeing what else is out there.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys get Cribbs You are getting someone who will make you wish all your players played like he does.

He plays every down like it is his last.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/josh-cribbs-offers-classy-instagram-farewell-city-cleveland-154909526--nfl.html

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
Usually when a free agent is signed the fans from the former team do nothing but bash the player(Welker/pats for example)...so it's nice to see all good remarks from the Washington fan base. It defiantly makes the signing more exciting for me...I'm also happy to hear you say he is better suited for ILB, because I do not think Alexander is what we needed at outside linebacker.

Thanks again Redskin fans...for not convincing yourselfs that Alexander sucked and trying to bring us all down. Haha

Urban just interviewed Arians about some of our new players. He said (I'm paraphrasing) Alexander was a high intensity guy, good leadership, and he can play a number of LB roles but we're gonna start him out as a 3-4 OLB.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
shawn wrote:

Urban just interviewed Arians about some of our new players. He said (I'm paraphrasing) Alexander was a high intensity guy, good leadership, and he can play a number of LB roles but we're gonna start him out as a 3-4 OLB.

I could see him playing strongside OLB as well as Thumper ILB. Interesting though.

Justo on the sig
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/cleveland_browns_receiver_josh_12.html

Quote:
Browns receiver Josh Cribbs flew to Arizona Sunday night to visit with the Cardinals, take a physical and possibly sign with the club, a league source said.

Some progress on the Cribbs front.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2013/03/19/no-cribbs-at-least-for-now/

Quote:
Mike Garafalo got in touch with Cribbs’ agent, who said the free agent wide receiver/special teamer had just had an arthroscopic procedure to repair the meniscus in his knee and it wasn’t yet healed. More interestingly was Garafalo’s tweet of the agent saying that the Cardinals are expected to give Cribbs another physical “in a few weeks” and if he is healthy then, Cribbs should sign with the team.

Looks like the cribbs deal could be on hold for awhile. He's had minor knee surgery and our trainer won't recommend us signing until it's completely healed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: