Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign former Chiefs DL Glenn Dorsey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
I guess if we were all satisfied with the potential of RJF playing NT at about 300 we should be happy with Dorsey there. With his talent and a little time with Tomsula he could turn out to be more effective than Franklin, Soap or RJF.

What did we pay for him?

Ideally, "we" would have expected RJF to pack back on the 10 lbs he seemed to have lost from a couple years ago. Manusky or Tomsula saqid he was weighing in at 310 back then.

still not seeing contract details...

I don't know Dorsey's body type very well. Any chance he can carry another 10 pounds? Although I'd hate to give up any quickness just for the sake of weighing a few more pounds.

Of course as a DT he'd be perfectly sized.

Haven't really checked out Dorsey over the years. He could pack it on, but would it lessen his effectiveness as a rusher? probably yes. I think he's not being utilized best unless he's a 3 tech.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it the more I like this signing. He has a year to play in a rotation with Smith and RayMac, then if he proves coachable and improves we may have the eventual replacement for Smith on the roster when his time is up. We all know he has the talent, it is just whether he is a good fit for that spot in our scheme. Since we only signed him for one year, if he fails to improve from his performance in KC we haven't lost a thing.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this signing, I'm confident that our staff will make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very balkey signing. People questions seems like a weird pickup, seems decent, then outplays expectations.

I think he will directly replace rjf. Backup nt and de.
I think we have Ian Williams start at nose.

Lets sign scrabble as our big corner. Then grab a cover safety. Huff, delmas, Woodson, Wilson my favorites.

new sig... sorry alex
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mattbarrows
Glenn Dorsey's two-year deal with the #49ers is worth as much as $7 million, agent Joel Segal said.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
A very balkey signing. People questions seems like a weird pickup, seems decent, then outplays expectations.

I think he will directly replace rjf. Backup nt and de.
I think we have Ian Williams start at nose.

Lets sign scrabble as our big corner. Then grab a cover safety. Huff, delmas, Woodson, Wilson my favorites.

I'm not so high on scrabble right now. I still think he's going to command more money than people think. Last I heard, 5 teams were in on him so that bidding is going to get up in a hurry (though the saints are one of those teams and they'd have to drop out before us due to cap issues). Scrabble just looked...I don't know...disinterested in Philly. Maybe it was the location; he's always been a west coast guy, or maybe it was the scheme. I just know that he didn't want to play football there so that does have me a little concerned. If we are looking for straight big bodied corners though, he's probably a better option than Sean smith value wise.

Safety I feel like we can just sit back on and get real value. There are so many quality safeties available, I don't think there is any need to rush. We should be able to get a quality guy with minimal damage to the cap. Preference would be Kerry Rhodes, then woodson, reed, delmas, Phillips, huff and Landry

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
mattbarrows
Glenn Dorsey's two-year deal with the #49ers is worth as much as $7 million, agent Joel Segal said.

That's considerably more than I thought, but obviously its incentive heavy; agent trying to make it sound bigger than it is.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I was thinking it would be 2-3 mil per year... thought we'd have offered that to RJF.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surprised grant is getting any love?
oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
mattbarrows

quick, hurry somebody sign moss to a 2 year 7 mill contract Laughing

Quote:
Dorsey said he had no problem playing NT in the 49ers' 3-4 scheme. "I'm ok with everything. Whatever coaches want me to do, honestly."

Quote:
Just spoke with @GlennDorsey72. He said as soon as #49ers showed interest he didn't want to meet with any other teams. #FreeAgency

and thats what a guy is supposed to do. see, you take less to play for a ring.

I LIKE THIS MAN ALREADY

new sig... sorry alex
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it says "worth as much as" sounds like there is some fluff involved in the deal. i would bet he is getting 2 per with incentives to make it 7 over 2 years.

its a good deal for him because he has a chance to have the staff help him turn his career around and then after 2 years he can get paid. Meanwhile why not win a ring or 2?

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
mattbarrows

Quote:
Dorsey said he had no problem playing NT in the 49ers' 3-4 scheme. "I'm ok with everything. Whatever coaches want me to do, honestly."

Quote:
Just spoke with @GlennDorsey72. He said as soon as #49ers showed interest he didn't want to meet with any other teams. #FreeAgency

I LIKE THIS MAN ALREADY

i like his attitude. Willing to do whatever it takes. It would be nice to add him to the list of former "bust" to solid/good player list
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
mattbarrows

Quote:

Quote:

I LIKE THIS MAN ALREADY

i like his attitude. Willing to do whatever it takes. It would be nice to add him to the list of former "bust" to solid/good player list

Yep, he's saying all the right things. He seems like the kind of player the coaching just totally won over. Just imagine walking into the building, meeting with the ever-jacked up Jim Harbaugh, then walk around the facility, guided by Jim Tomsula who explains what we're trying to do here, then meet Justin Smith in the weight room. How can anyone not say: "Where do I sign? When do I start? What do you want me to do?"

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
mattbarrows

Quote:

Quote:

I LIKE THIS MAN ALREADY

Yep, he's saying all the right things. He seems like the kind of player the coaching just totally won over. Just imagine walking into the building, meeting with the ever-jacked up Jim Harbaugh, then walk around the facility, guided by Jim Tomsula who explains what we're trying to do here, then meet Justin Smith in the weight room. How can anyone not say: "Where do I sign? When do I start? What do you want me to do?"

what is funny about this is that I thought in my head, what if we had tomsula, harbs, and baalke in the room and then in comes the cowboy and Glenn tells his agent, where my pen at?
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:

"I'm ok with everything. Whatever coaches want me to do, honestly."

He said as soon as #49ers showed interest he didn't want to meet with any other teams.

I LIKE THIS MAN ALREADY

Me too! Love that he knows who the team to play for is.. and the attitude to play wherever we need him (but of course he's say that)!

Don't know what's up with Larry Grant... not a word that I have read yet of interest in him. I know so many fans can overrate their guys.. but Grant really played well when called upon and is a great ST-er.

Confused

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

"I'm ok with everything. Whatever coaches want me to do, honestly."

He said as soon as #49ers showed interest he didn't want to meet with any other teams.

I LIKE THIS MAN ALREADY

Me too! Love that he knows who the team to play for is.. and the attitude to play wherever we need him (but of course he's say that)!

Don't know what's up with Larry Grant... not a word that I have read yet of interest in him. I know so many fans can overrate their guys.. but Grant really played well when called upon and is a great ST-er.

Confused

2 days in to FA guys. Just wait. Grant will fall at some point. Maybe the Bears and Urlacher decide to give it up and they grab Grant. He would be great in that defense.

I would expect him to fall after most of the major chips drop

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: