Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign former Chiefs DL Glenn Dorsey
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: 49ers sign former Chiefs DL Glenn Dorsey Reply with quote

Quote:
And 49ers have reached agreement with former Chiefs DT Glenn Dorsey.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/311919507700596737

Strange because Dorsey was considered a poor fit for the 3-4 system after he busted with the Chiefs.

The 49ers need depth in their defensive line after losing NT Isaac Sopoaga to the Eagles and are also expected to lose Ricky Jean-Francois.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting... more info! more info!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
interesting... more info! more info!

Yes, more info please.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting is also the word I had to describe this signing... dude has all the talent in the world but isn't an ideal fit for a 34 and it showed in KC. We'll see how it plays out, if there's anything I trust it's our defensive coaching staff.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
Interesting is also the word I had to describe this signing... dude has all the talent in the world but isn't an ideal fit for a 34 and it showed in KC. We'll see how it plays out, if there's anything I trust it's our defensive coaching staff.

Time to talk 4-3 scheme, pleases? Anxious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:

Exactly let Tomsula have him and after a season ill recount this signing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/3/13/4100182/49ers-free-agency-signings-glenn-dorsey

Quote:
It is also worth noting that Dorsey was an unrestricted free agency, so we can subtract him from the 49ers losses thus far for purposes of potential 2014 comp picks.

SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:

Fangio could do it/ has done it before, and with our lack of a NT it actually makes a lot of sense. How do you see it if we were to make the change?

Rogers----------FS------------Whitner---------Cully/Brown

----------Bowman-----Willis------Brooks---------------------

----A. Smith---J. Smith-----Dorsey-----Ray Mac------------

It would create a need for a pass rushing end, but I think we all wanted to address our pass rush anyway

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:

Ours is a flexible, hybrid scheme that is often a 4-3 by default. So, what's yer beef, eh? Razz
JerryRice80

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:

We don't really play a pure 3-4 anymore though. I think most defenses in the league are evolving out of strict 3-4/4-3 type schemes. Most of have seen how few snaps Sopoaga played last season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:

Fangio could do it/ has done it before, and with our lack of a NT it actually makes a lot of sense. How do you see it if we were to make the change?

It would create a need for a pass rushing end, but I think we all wanted to address our pass rush anyway

at this stage of his career, do you guys think Smith could go back to his old position in cincy, RE? sliding mac to the middle with Dorsey?
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His senior year I watched the NC wanting to watch Dorsey dominate. Instead some guy named Ricky Jean Francois did. We later got RJF in the 7th round. Now he is going to go get paid and we are picking up Dorsey.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want Brooks as an OLB unless we are talking about a 4-3 Under scheme. I haven't figured it all out with the loss of RJF, Sopo, and recent addition of Dorsey... head is spinning... need time to recover and think...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tre Niner ‏@Tre9er

@ninersnation @ArrowheadPride different teams, different styles. Fangio like undersized nose (Fua), prefers 1-gapping, penetrators
Hide conversation.

Tre Niner ‏@Tre9er

@ninersnation @ArrowheadPride And really, 49ers NTs of past few years have gone on to do nothing elsewhere, minimizing importance

Last edited by NcFinest9erFan on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:

at this stage of his career, do you guys think Smith could go back to his old position in cincy, RE? sliding mac to the middle with Dorsey?

I'd make all these guys switch. I like Aldon coming from the other side every now and then. So slide Justin over the line. LE, RE, RDT. I wouldn't mind mixing up some Brooks at DE either. I think that'd be good for a healthy rotation. Then again, nothing stops us from doing that out of the 3-4 anyway. Just move people around, make the line calls harder and the pressure reads more exotic for the QB.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: